It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 pm 

Hi everyone..NEWBIE alert :oops:
Okay..so risking divorce, I'm gonna get thru Myst :P Best game on my iPod for sure!
So..(I previously got some help from another forum but they aren't around very often so i'm hoping to get help here as I have no internet at home to access the hint page-please make it so it comes up without internet!)
I've explored everything I can on Myst Island. I've raised the ships last night but can't board them. ????
I went into the log cabin and found the elevator in the tree. I went somewhere and I'm currently stuck there..it's the water age ? channelwood I think it's called but i can't get back to the elevator! nothing is doing anything and I'm wandering in circles ...ARGH!! :roll:

I'm a bit confused as to how I know if a level or world is complete?...do you constantly go back and forth between the worlds during the game? Everything was in the library ie the blue books with the half message from the sons....?
I'm in this other world and have NO idea what to do or how to get back to what to do when I get back....I'm having trouble with how to follow this game.....ie where it all leads...I understand i think that I have to find what's in the books, why the men are there nad where Atrus nad Catherine are...but I don't understand what event actually leads to the next one..does that make sense?

Help PLEASE :) :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:20 pm 

About the bug- I don't think I can help, but maybe I can help with the other questions.

First, if you are confused, that's good. That's the point. Soon enough, as you go through the game you will learn more, until you get a complete picture of what happend.

As for what you need to do, what would you do if you were really there? you saw the brothers in the books. They gave you a task.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm 

If i were there, I'd be trying to find people LOL
I'm not sure the elevator thing is a bug. I figured out the cabin, went into the elevator, off we went...when it landed wherever (I thought it was supposed to be a basement?) I'm in another world and lost the elevator as I went exploring...ack! I hope I'm wearing wellies! :P

I'd have to go back to the library and listen to the brothers again but I can't get back! I can't remember what they said..they want out...Atrus thinks it's his son...(whatever IT is)
boy this darn thing is addictive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome! :D

You indeed landed in another world, Channelwood. You can't get back to Myst Island by the same elevator you used to go to Channelwood. The link back to Myst is hidden somewhere in Channelwood. Also, there is something you need to find in Channelwood and bring it back to Myst... ;) So there are puzzles that need to be solved!

If you want more help and more obvious directions, feel free to ask. Also, you may find the in-game hint guide to be of help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

One thing that is alway good to remember in any Myst game is that if things don't work maybe they need power! . . . .Try to find a way to power up the age and the things in it you need power for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:42 pm 

Hi Erik-
thanks for the info. Thought I was in Channelwood from what I read but not sure. I can't access the ipod hints as you have to be connected to the internet. I play at home and we don't have internet out in the bushes LOL
So I have to wait till morning to seek help...arrgh LOL...I'll keep searching around here to bring something back. i'd assume it's pages for the blue and red books.

SO ..my last question for hte day (until I play at lunch LOLOLOL) ...from each world you get to-do you constantly go back to the island to figure/put the pieces back together? Is Myst Island the centre of all the worlds? Does that make sense what I'm asking? ..ie from each world I bring stuff back to Myst? and on Myst put the clues back together to get to another world?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm 

sorry Mystdee..didn't see your reply..I did push and pull on some stuff but it didn't do anything. I was too busy trying to find my elevator again....Will keep looking :) Gonna have to see a Chiropractor from craning on my iPod :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

auntielola wrote:
i'd assume it's pages for the blue and red books.
That's correct. :)

Quote:
SO ..my last question for hte day (until I play at lunch LOLOLOL) ...from each world you get to-do you constantly go back to the island to figure/put the pieces back together? Is Myst Island the centre of all the worlds? Does that make sense what I'm asking? ..ie from each world I bring stuff back to Myst? and on Myst put the clues back together to get to another world?

Yes, you always return to Myst when you solved one Age and then you can do another Age. From Myst you can go to all of the Ages, and there always is a (hidden) link back to Myst in each Age.

You can also access the hint guide on your computer: http://cyanworlds.com/iPhone/Myst_iVers ... Guide.html
Unfortunately, the guide only seems to work on Safari.

Good luck, and of course: have fun! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:42 pm 

Hi again..I think this might not be the game for me. I got really frustrated yesterday and had to stop.I've been in the treetops since my last post ARRRGH
I'm going around and around in circles in the tree tops trying to get to the darn platform. I've found it twice, left to find the lever and never made it back. They all look identical!! I have no idea what direction i'm facing (it needs a little compass thingy in the corner for the Ipod so you know what direction you are in) OR what the heck I'm supposed to be doing here. I know it has something to do with the lever (which I HAD seen a couple of times) and the stairs...

Could I PLEASE (do I sound desperate) get some help with regard to what the heck do I do up in the treetops?
smile.gif
Thanks
Laura

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:13 pm 

spoiler warning

[spoiler]Working from memory from RealMyst, it sounds like your on the second level, If its the same problem l had what you need to do is open the door to the revolving stairs, and you can do that with the lever, then go down the stairs reroute the hydro mechanical power from the windmill to the generator near the stairs, go up the stairs and take the elevator to the third floor[/spoiler]

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:23 pm 

Hi and Thanks
I think I know what I have to do..I have to find the platform, go find the lever, pull it to reveal the staircase and then go back to the platform. BUT I get so freaking lost I have NO idea what direction I'm going and can't get to or find the platform again. This is WAY worse lol than not getting hte match to light LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

[spoiler]You need to find that lever, it opens the gate to allow you to use the stairs. after it is open you can turn the controls on the walkway near the stairs (lower level) so that the generator there is on then go back up the stairs to use the elevator ther to go to the third level . . . . It's difficult to tell you how to get to the lever not knowing exactly where you are in the trees. In Atrus' journal he has drawn a map. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/8 ... 04copy.jpg I have marked the hut with the lever with an X Maybe that will help. [/spoiler]

Last edited by Mystdee on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:37 pm 

perhaps a quick reference map

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

The elevator and stairs are actually on the same landing so the map in my post from Atrus' journal is the more accurate of the two.
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:45 pm 

She's right I think (not sure) the map I posted refers to a elevator used to get to the second level, If I remember their is a elevator at the top of the stair well used to get to the third level.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next