It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 1:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: New to the game
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 am 

I am playing the free version to see if I want to download the whole game. I have used the 'cheats' a little to try to understand the game.

1- How do I align the tower so that I can get out of the library?

2- My eyesight isn't the greatest and I am playing on the iPhone.

When I go up in the tower after a tower rotation there is a plaque at the top of one of the ladders.

Is there anywhere where I can find out what these plaques say? I can't read many of them even with a magnifying glass.

Thanks. javascript:emoticon('8)')

Post subject: Re: New to the game
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:53 am 

First of all, welcome to the Myst Community, frazeegd! I'm a big rusty when it comes to Myst on iPod, but I'll try to answer you. I'm sure others will correct me if I said anything wrong :D

Rotation isn't everything... you might need to think out of the box here ;)

2- When I go up in the tower after a tower rotation there is a plaque at the top of one of the ladders. Is there anywhere where I can find out what these plaques say? I can't read many of them even with a magnifying glass.

When my eyes fail me (and believe me when I say my eyesight is horrible), I usually try to move closer to the object instead of using binoculars... how close did you manage to get to it?

Hope that helps, if you need more spoilers, holler :D

Post subject: Re: New to the game
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:26 am 

frazeedg wrote:
I am playing the free version to see if I want to download the whole game. I have used the 'cheats' a little to try to understand the game.

2- My eyesight isn't the greatest and I am playing on the iPhone.

When I go up in the tower after a tower rotation there is a plaque at the top of one of the ladders.

Is there anywhere where I can find out what these plaques say? I can't read many of them even with a magnifying glass.

Thanks. javascript:emoticon('8)')

Hi Fraz and a big welcome. I played Myst many years ago on a 19 inch screen and it was a challenge I can remember vividly even though it was way back when. Solving the puzzles for yourself is the greatest feeling and you you will be proud to have done so. When I played for the first time there were no hint books or internet for that matter, plus I had a much bigger perspective than the iPod. But I will give you one very good tip and it got me through the whole game, grab a pencil and paper and make notes of every crazy little thing you see or hear. In time you will be amazed how the pieces fit together and you will feel you can even give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money. Don't spend too long in an area you are getting no where with, come back again the next day and you will be amazed to find a clue you missed before. Besides, the clues hidden in one area point to answers in another. I envy you just starting out, wish I could do it all over again and it all be brand new to me. Be stubborn, also don't put a timeline on solving a puzzle and don't let Myst beat you :) Enjoy the journey. Cheers, Murray

P.S. You have found the Library, I hope you like books (OOH am I dropping hints? NAH!! :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:00 am 
Obduction Backer

If you tap on the plaques they will enlarge to fill the screen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

The plaques are the hints to "get out". :) As said, you can tap them, after you have ascended the ladders, for a closer look. If you can't read it, perhaps you could take a screenshot? Press your iPhone's home and power button at the same time and a screenshot will be stored on your iPhone that you can access through the iPhone's own Pictures program. Like with all pictures, you can zoom in with your fingers.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:19 pm 

Thank you one and all for your helpful replies.

I finally realized that the door closes when the bookcase is changed to steps not when you rotate the tower.

Getting closer to the plaques does make them readable.

I now understand how the program works from the inner workings and linking things together.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

if you want any more pointers, long time myst fans here, feel free to look up some of the PC content as well we have here like MOULa (its free!). I'm sure whoevers around can help out. Drop me a line on my profile if u need anything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]