It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 pm 

Hey guys and gals,

I would like to commend all of you for the amount of issues you are finding. There are some things in ticket writing that I feel need a little more clarification.

Tickets
This is just a reminder, but when writing a ticket, there should be one ticket per issue. Take time to evaluate what you see and what is occurring in game to make sure that there isn't more than one bug at work.

Gender of the Avatar
Some Issues are Avatar specific, meaning some bugs may only happen to the Male Avatar, and others only to the Female Avatar. Please be sure to mention the Avatar gender in your ticket.

Multiplayer
When writing a ticket, please specify if you are in your personal instance, or in a Multiplayer session. A great area to put this information is in the Description. Also, if possible, include how many other users were in your session somewhere on your ticket.
[Description Example] Majestic Realm (Multiplayer): This is doing something it shouldn't

Logs
Using the /dumplogs command is one way to grab logs while still in game. For those who aren't familiar, you must associate a Folder after using the command: /dumplogs FolderName - you can use whatever name you want, but it should be relevant to the bug being logged. Make sure there is a space between /dumplogs and the folder name. The folder will show up in your Log folder, which is located in the MagiQuest folder in My Documents (XP and Vista Users).

Logs can also be found the the MagiQuest folder in My Documents. You will have to exit the game completely before zipping up these logs and attaching them to the ticket. Please submit complete logs, do not dissect them.

Multiplayer Logs
When grabbing Logs for Multiplayer instances, only one person needs to write a ticket. However, all other players involved should upload their logs to the ftp site with the ticket number in the description. We can then take those and combine them into the ticket. For specifics on that, Tor'i made a post that covers this if there area any questions = http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17927

Again, thanks to all and keep up the good work.
-Varga

Last edited by Varga on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Just curious. In URU we would regularly delete (clear) our logs files so that when we went testing, the logs would be smaller and uncluttered. Should we be doing this?

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 pm 

Hi dadguy this is what I did made a folder on my desktop and put all of my old logs in there that way if they ever want them I have them ( /dumplogs xxxxx) zipped and then just delete the folder (logs) from my documents folder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

dadguy, that's a great point. If /dumplogs is working the same way it did in MOUL, it picks up everything, including previous dumplogs if they're in the same directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

It only picks the files in the log folder. Not the sub-folders and their files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, I tested it... the "/dumplogs <dir>" command creates the named directory under the log directory but doesn't delete the old log files.

The question remains, will it help the QA people if we clean out the log file from time to time to minimize the size and depth of the log files? I see how they work (creating a number for each entrance into the realm...).

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I think /dumplogs just takes a copy of the log files (but not sub-folders) in your log folder at the moment you issue the command, so you get all the session logs, past and present.

As a matter of course, I zip up the /dumplogs folders and move the zips elsewhere almost as soon as I create the log. Then, when I quit the game, I wipe the contents of the log folder. That way I keep the volume of data down and more focussed on the specific timeframe of the bugs I'm reporting, which I hope makes it easier for the support guys. I keep meaning to write a batch file to move the zips, wipe the log folder then run the launcher, but I never seem to get round to it :? .

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you're not careful you end up with nested dumplogs from within the same folder. I'm not talking about sub-folders either.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]