It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:49 pm 

One thing I noticed was the image of the Portal Well used on the home page when the online tab is scrolled over. Its from the original release with placed holders from NOLOBEN in gateways. You might want to replace that with the ones from the current release. Its a minor thing but knowing how observant Myst players are someone is going to recognise them and start a rumour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
darkstar wrote:
NOLOBEN.. <snip> ...someone is going to recognise them and start a rumour.

like... now we know how the D'ni controlled the Bahro? Casting spells on them with magic wands? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

darkstar wrote:
One thing I noticed was the image of the Portal Well used on the home page when the online tab is scrolled over. Its from the original release with placed holders from NOLOBEN in gateways. You might want to replace that with the ones from the current release. Its a minor thing but knowing how observant Myst players are someone is going to recognise them and start a rumour.

A change to current MQ content is in the works as of today (as soon as I get around to supplying an image).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm 

IE 6 and Firefox as a backup

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:21 am 

JWPlatt, you can do with this information what you wish, it's your site (MQ's site), I'm only trying to help :) I always learned that it is terribly bad netiquette to use "[url]Click here[/url] to learn more about stuff". It's lazy, and ugly :) You may consider changing the "here"s to "If you wish to learn more, read our FAQ on [url]stuff[/url]" (be descriptive and use that as a link)

Moral of the story: avoid the words "click here", they look very amateurish :)

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Click_here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Agreed. And feel free. I'm not responsible for the website, so you won't crush my ego - not that I think you're worried about that. Heh. You know what I mean. ;) I'm just compiling info from this beta group for the website developers who also appreciate the input.

Thanks much,

JW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:11 am 
Obduction Backer

IE version 7.0.5730.13

1. Page loader using the magic wand is cool, but then I expect something else to happen - that is sound or video or something cool - my simple suggestion - the cool runes around the homepage "portal" should light up and these should also be clickable as links to important areas of the site.

2.Use of LIVE (L-eye-ve) as an adjective and then immediately after it as a verb in the present tense with a different pronunciation (LIVE-L-ih-ve) might seem like a cool idea for a slogan on first glance, because it might seem to be clever wordplay, but as there are no audio signals that this is two different usages of parts of speech the brain has to do an annoying bit of reconfig to make sense of it. Children will have trouble processing it. Add AUDIO or rethink it.

In the text, below, it is fine - context and distance make the difference.

3. The following edits to add a tiny bit of pizzazz are a gift from nerf, free of charge, as a suggestion to make this just a little more enticing:

MAGIQUEST is your story, your adventure, your imagination brought to life! Unlike anything you’ve ever encountered, MagiQuest lets you LIVE the game, not simply play it. Using a very special and clever Magic Wand that knows you by name and remembers everything you accomplish, you explore a world filled with amazing creatures and astonishing characters where you will gain skill and knowledge and rise to untold levels of bravery. What's more, you can even begin your journey by visiting MagiQuest LIVE at any one of our ever expanding Kingdoms and Portals, and then continue your exciting exploration through our Virtual World Online.

Key to changes:
Bold - bold these to empasize the "ownership" of the adventure
Italics - Suggested additions, word changes

My modest and humble opinions and suggestions only - feel free to use or disregard as you see fit.

squish.

nerfy

{edited for stupidity in grammar designations - I need more sleep; and then edited again to explain my rewrite - bah sleep!}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Eleri wrote:
will there be a way for people to upload their existing live action wand info? I could get mildly addicted to wand decorating, darnit.)

Yes, the website will be an interface to all your live action info, including wand customizations. We are struggling with the concept that people might even spraypaint their wands silver for whatever reason. That is a bit down on the to-do list.

You'll know you've arrived when people start taking apart your wands and installing the parts in their own custom-made wands.

Hmm... better start planning a wand-building kit now...

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 pm 

Eleri wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
Eleri wrote:
will there be a way for people to upload their existing live action wand info? I could get mildly addicted to wand decorating, darnit.)

Yes, the website will be an interface to all your live action info, including wand customizations. We are struggling with the concept that people might even spraypaint their wands silver for whatever reason. That is a bit down on the to-do list.

You'll know you've arrived when people start taking apart your wands and installing the parts in their own custom-made wands.

Hmm... better start planning a wand-building kit now...

I wired the wand circuit up to the insides of a NES Zapper, you cast by pulling the trigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:10 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

sinkillerj wrote:
I wired the wand circuit up to the insides of a NES Zapper, you cast by pulling the trigger.

Oh, good lord. If I tell Phil, our project leader, that now we have to also consider representing physical reconfigurations, it'll just ruin his whole vacation. I think I'll call him right now... :twisted:

<adding warranty department to call list>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:33 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
IE8 and all seems to work fine for me

Mystdee, IE8 version 8.0.7600. is rejected by the website as not approved. This of course the IE8 issued with RTM Windows 7 which I haven't had any problem with until now. I own this copy legally, I was a beta tester for Win 7. We have received our copies already from MS. So the big question is why is it rejecting the browser and over the next 2 months that will need to be solved.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:39 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
sinkillerj wrote:

Oh, good lord. If I tell Phil, our project leader, that now we have to also consider representing physical reconfigurations, it'll just ruin his whole vacation. I think I'll call him right now... :twisted:

<adding warranty department to call list>

Phil knows about it already, he just hasent gotten to see it in action. I call her Vera 2, if theres any firefly fans around these parts you should get the reference ;3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

darkstar wrote:

not just that but the player may be it me but it looks like a Myst char even with the hat on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:03 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Well, it is an Uru avatar under Plasma. In any case, I submitted new images today. If they use the 3rd-person view, I was wearing a purple wizard hat and my awesome wand holster. Yes, red shirt, of course. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

sry about the posted two times

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next