It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 am 
Obduction Backer

Press Releases page there is nothing on there that says they are in PDF format i know most have this installed but there may be some who do not

also you can click on some stuff and drag it around useing firefox 3.5.2 do not know about IE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

MercAngel wrote:
Press Releases page there is nothing on there that says they are in PDF format i know most have this installed but there may be some who do not

also you can click on some stuff and drag it around useing firefox 3.5.2 do not know about IE

Some people do not use Acrobat Reader at all and refuse to install it, like me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:04 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Some people do not use Acrobat Reader at all and refuse to install it, like me.

I prefer the nice document viewer in my linux machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am 
Obduction Backer

In general, it's a bad idea to have links that launch applications without them being labeled as such. Links are by default assumed to lead to pages, not print documents.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

darkstar wrote:
One thing I noticed was the image of the Portal Well used on the home page when the online tab is scrolled over. Its from the original release with placed holders from NOLOBEN in gateways. You might want to replace that with the ones from the current release.

Done. Including purple wizard hat and my red shirt. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:38 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Please remember to include your browser(s) and version(s) in your comments.

All comments to this point are submitted to the developer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chrome 2.0.172.39

Technical issue:
When I initially load the page, the scroll bar is replaced with some strange texture, that's clearly from somewhere else on the page. Hard to describe, so here's a piccy:

Refreshing the page clears the problem, but navigating to somewhere else and then back again brings the problem back.

Personal opinions:

* I personally find the intro video very annoying, as I'm sure others will do. Equally, I'm sure many people will enjoy it, so it shouldn't be removed. Rather, can't you have a little 'skip intro' button? Also, and 'audio off' button would be nice.

* Been mentioned before, but the images used all seem to be of a very low quality. Being from the UK, I've never encountered MQ before, but the first impression I get from this site is "well, that's a slightly tacky and not-very-professional company", yet I'm sure that little could be further from the truth. Good quality pictures needn't be large in size, and yet will seriously, seriously enhance the quality of the site.

* Again, been mentioned before, but using 'Live' as both 'L-eye-ve' and 'L-i-ve" is very confusing.

Hope this is at least a little helpful - really don't mean to be too negative...

Islander

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:05 pm 

Firefox 3.5.2

I agree with the comments about the opening intro. A skip button would be neat. Also, I think it is odd that there are no links on the well itself. You have three images there, I think they should be links to the top three places you want visitors to go.

I couldn't get the top nav bar and the well all on my screen at the same time (1024x768). I can't see the text any smaller than that, and I'm probably your target grandfather demo for dragging kids to these places.

I'd like to see a more contemporary and exciting feel to the whole site, but I'm not really familiar with the genre of Medieval-style attractions, restaurants, etc. Maybe you've done it right for families who go to these places.

Do you feel the online game will drive business to the attractions, or vice-versa?

Generally, the site is workable. It seems cumbersome and generally old-fashioned to me (too much text, heavy images, too many choices, and I had to scroll every page...not good). Kids will run out of patience fast without something to hook them quickly. That said, it is all attractive and appropriate for what it is.

The online site pages will be a work-in-progress. Ask for suggestions from the users. What's the target age group for MQO, by the way?

Also, without Adobe Reader, what's your chosen way to view .pdf's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm 

Romer Openfield wrote:
Also, without Adobe Reader, what's your chosen way to view .pdf's?

I am very fond of Foxit Reader, it is tiny, fast and free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:52 pm 

sinkillerj wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:
sinkillerj wrote:
I wired the wand circuit up to the insides of a NES Zapper, you cast by pulling the trigger.

Oh, good lord. If I tell Phil, our project leader, that now we have to also consider representing physical reconfigurations, it'll just ruin his whole vacation. I think I'll call him right now... :twisted:

<adding warranty department to call list>

Phil knows about it already, he just hasent gotten to see it in action. I call her Vera 2, if theres any firefly fans around these parts you should get the reference ;3.

sorry to bring up older stuff in the thread, but Phil HAS seen my version of the "wand-gun". Its made from the casing of a busted airsoft gun. I also have a compass rfid tag in the handle so i can just stick the end of the gun on rfid readers and use it as a compass as well. Rick even played around with it for a little bit at Pigeon Forge XD. Some other CK and RDS guys have seen it as well.

and then there is my wand I am planning on modding when i get the chance that will cast fire..... literally........ :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Suggestion for MQ :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 am 

Voldermort wrote:
sorry to bring up older stuff in the thread, but Phil HAS seen my version of the "wand-gun". Its made from the casing of a busted airsoft gun. I also have a compass rfid tag in the handle so i can just stick the end of the gun on rfid readers and use it as a compass as well. Rick even played around with it for a little bit at Pigeon Forge XD. Some other CK and RDS guys have seen it as well.

Yours will always be a bootleg XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

sinkillerj wrote:
Voldermort wrote:

Yours will always be a bootleg XP

Now, whip up Lucius Malfoy's Wand Cane, and we'll be good to go. Dual wands would be way to cool, too... *halo*

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:50 pm 

Eleri wrote:
Now, whip up Lucius Malfoy's Wand Cane, and we'll be good to go. Dual wands would be way to cool, too... *halo*

Think the cane falls into your area Voldermort. Get to it ;3. You can actually dual wield wands, nothings stopping you from doing it, but the only benefit is casting more then one way at once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm 

IE7 for me.

--jimmyjack

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next