It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A MagiQuest Breakdown
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:15 pm 

I am seeing much confusion around the forums about how the physical MagiQuest locations work. Hopefully this will break it down more:

Goal:
The idea is to earn spells that help you progress through the game, these spells come from runes you earn. As you progress the quests and adventures get harder and the story gets a bit darker.

Quests:
Quests are simple but key to success. They usually consist of simple tasks such as finding certain items or gathering facts. When you complete one your get a Quest Rune, they usually have very simple powers such as lightning or distraction.

Adventures:
Adventures are the generally harder quests, these are where you get into the battles with mighty dragons and other powerful opponents. The various adventures require that you have certain runes before you can accept them, this is because otherwise they would be impossible. For example the red dragon Charlock's mighty fire breath would be too much for you to handle without the quest rune of protection and he would defeat you easily.

Heroics:
All of the basic classic quests and adventures now have a heroic version, this is a much harder version that adds factors such as time limits, more objects, and makes your opponent stronger.

Duelling:
Duelling is the PvP of MagiQuest, you use the spells you earned in the game to do battle with another player.

How do I battle?:
In most battles there is a podium in front of you, you cast at the spell you want to use on it and then cast at your opponent. To the sides of the opponent are "mana poles" which will be explained in the next section.

Health:
In MagiQuest you never die you are simply defeated because the opponent has taken too much of your mana and you are unable to continue fighting. Your remaining mana and your opponents remaining mana in battles is represented by two poles of different coloured lights.

Beginning a Quest or Adventure:
By casting your wand at a Quest Stone (or at GWL Quest Tree). From there you simply touch what you want to begin. I have heard the Quest Stones called many things around the forum such as "alter", hopefully this will clear that up.

Wand a bit buggy?:
Try changing your batteries, I suggest Rayvok Alkaline.
A. Unscrew the wand orb/topper counter clockwise.
B. Between the two metal pins is a gap, put a butter knife in it, push down, and turn counter clockwise. The battery cap should pop up.
C. Tap the wand on the table to make the batteries and cap fall out.
D. Put in your new batteries in and reverse the directions to put it all back together.

Other solutions:
*Remember the metal pins described in the battery changing section? Bend them up a little to make a better connection.

*Put a little tin foil in your wand.

Other facts?:
A. Not everything takes place inside, locations can have quests that take you outside too, a example of this is the garden quest at myrtle beach, MagiQuest technology has no limits.

B. The wand is your primary controller throughout the game however it is not the only, you can purchase a compass or key to go on quests involving them or to unlock secret areas.

C. At Myrtle Beach wand toppers give you additional powers in game.

Info Requested:
Mana: Mana to keep it simple is your health. The mana pole is a pretty health bar.

GWL: Stands for Great Wolf Lodge, a hotel chain that has MagiQuests built in, it has more of a forest theme than other MagiQuests. Great Wolf Lodges have some exclusive quests not available at other locations. They also have master magi suites with effects built into the room. They usually do allow non hotel guests to play.

How many quests?: Varries by the location, the location owner buys quest sets in the form of expansions. Myrtle Beach currently has the most content.
Voldermort wrote:
Myrtle Beach has the most at 35 quests and 11 adventures. Concord NC GWL and possibly some other GWL locations have the least at 11 quests and 3 adventures.

Is quest/adventure repetition fun?: Some are more fun to repeat then others.
Voldermort wrote:
Quest repetition is like sinkillerj said, some are more fun than others. however, most (possibly all now) locations have a scoreboard, which leads to doing stuff over and over again to achieve the high score. The tables on the scoreboard are for points (your XP), gold, and quests. tables for day, week, month, year, and ever are for each. With the addition of the global scoreboard on magiquest.com hopefully soon, this will lead to even more doing stuff over and over. once people see they were at the top of their local location's board but some guy across the US has them beat, they will play even more. you tend to want to do the ones that are fun, however sometimes you must go for the easiest and/or quickest to get your rune counts up.

Anything else I should add guys?

Last edited by sinkillerj on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the info sinkillerj!

sinkillerj wrote:
Anything else I should add guys?

How many Quest/Adventures are there at one location?
Is it any fun to do a quest more than once? (other then in Heoric mode)

How does the mana work? Normaly you use it for spells (I cast a spell which diminishes my mana), but in your explanation it sounds like I loose mana when my oponent casts a spell on me?

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Are the GWL locations only accessable by doing the whole GWL thing, or are they stand-alone at all?

Does each MQ location have a unique set of quests?

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
Are the GWL locations only accessable by doing the whole GWL thing, or are they stand-alone at all?

Does each MQ location have a unique set of quests?

I do know you can do them stand alone, as far as the second question though, no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

What's a GWL?

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Green Whale Licker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

GWL = Great Wolf Lodge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:54 pm 

Garrison Wall Linker 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 pm 

Many of your questions have now been answered in the first post. If you have any more ask away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Thanks for providing so much information, sinkillerj. I'd like to see this thread stickied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Thanks for providing so much information, sinkillerj. I'd like to see this thread stickied.

Not a problem at all, bits and pieces have been posted around the forums, but I thought it would be nice to have one concise source of info. I actually used to run a MagiQuest question site where users could email me, I need to bring it back, perhaps on The MagiQuest Domain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:15 am 

Great idea for a topic sin!

I have been think about starting a brand new MagiQuest 101 video series for awhile. Filming and explaining, in a powerpoint style, the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the overview! It's about what I thought it might be, but there are many more elements than I expected. Wow...

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 am 

Quest repetition is like sinkillerj said, some are more fun than others. however, most (possibly all now) locations have a scoreboard, which leads to doing stuff over and over again to achieve the high score. The tables on the scoreboard are for points (your XP), gold, and quests. tables for day, week, month, year, and ever are for each. With the addition of the global scoreboard on magiquest.com hopefully soon, this will lead to even more doing stuff over and over. once people see they were at the top of their local location's board but some guy across the US has them beat, they will play even more. you tend to want to do the ones that are fun, however sometimes you must go for the easiest and/or quickest to get your rune counts up.

as for quest/adventure amounts, Myrtle Beach has the most at 35 quests and 11 adventures. Concord NC GWL and possibly some other GWL locations have the least at 11 quests and 3 adventures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 am 

Voldermorts wonderful additions have been added to the main post. I have also added a section about beginning a Quest or Adventure/Quest Stones.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next