It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Eleri wrote:
Voldermort wrote:
Most of them are high school and college students who are just there for a summer job and thats it.

I was wondering who does the staffing for on-site, now I know. It's like trying to get enthusiasm out of someone running a state fair booth, sometimes you get people who really get into it, most often you get barely there.

Yeah, but there are ways of getting them to "buy into" the job and have that translate into enthusiasm for customer assistance. It's all in the training.

By "buy into," I mean to give them a sense of investment and ownership. It's not intended as a literal monetary term. The investment is their attitude and the reward is the satisfied customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Voldermort wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
Finally, after much frustration, we got through that quest, hubby got his rune rewarded and when he went to the QM to start another quest it said he had not finished the previous quest, did he really want to erase his progress? I can see why folks would walk out, frankly, it took us over an hour to get that one done because of the problems and still essentially has to be done again from the start.

When you go to a Quest stone after getting a rune where the quest ended at what seems to be a projector screen, it pops up with your status for the last quest. this is because when a quest ends a a projector, you technically don't get the rune until you cast at a status or quest station. you can just go in and select another quest if you see everything is lit up or if you see the rune there. also idt a "do you want to lose progress" message pops up this way, if it did, if is not what I am saying.

in the end, it probably is the hardware for that effect. most GWL people i have met just don't care. Most of them are high school and college students who are just there for a summer job and thats it. if they would go out and check these things every now and then things would be better. and when they do find something wrong they need to report it as well.......

At the end of the quest where the rune was "awarded" it did show the rune lit up in status, but we then went and had lunch and returned to the tree where the Quizmaster is and tried to activate the next one and it was no longer lit and asked if he wanted to quit and lose his progress. . . . . . I have to agree about the people working this location, they told us the only wands and accesories they had were out, but other people doing the quests had gotten different things before we were there, and said the man they spoke to pulled some out of boxes that had arrived that morning. We later saw the boxes still unpacked. There was one guy there who was excellent and really "into" the game and made you excited to play, while the others acted as if we were interupting their conversation. . . :( I believe they should and Don't check on the quests daily or at least weekly just to be sure all is well there seemed to be some minor damage to the sensor areas on some of them, like someone had been gouging at it.

@ Nvr2old Yes it was a great experience and I recommend it to all that can try it, despite the problems it was a lot of fun!! I think my frustration probaably comes from being in "test mode" LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:58 am 

this attitude you are seeing from staff is GWL specific. I can say from experience that the staff at Myrtle Beach acts much much better (I have worked with them on several occasions and see them in action at least once a month). Also, the staff at Pigeon Forge is great as well; I was there helping the place get running. I have heard some stories about the staff at Funplex in New Jersey, and some say they are worse that GWL. I have heard reports from sinkillerj that staff at both locations in Japan are amazing.

In the end, you could say the staff does add to the experience. However, I do not think they take away from the experience, unless they don't check their equipment regularly.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:12 pm 

Voldermort wrote:
I have heard reports from sinkillerj that staff at both locations in Japan are amazing.

That one dude at Lagunasia teleports I swear! Hes no human! But yea great staff over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Voldermort wrote:
this attitude you are seeing from staff is GWL specific. I can say from experience that the staff at Myrtle Beach acts much much better (I have worked with them on several occasions and see them in action at least once a month). Also, the staff at Pigeon Forge is great as well; I was there helping the place get running. I have heard some stories about the staff at Funplex in New Jersey, and some say they are worse that GWL. I have heard reports from sinkillerj that staff at both locations in Japan are amazing.

In the end, you could say the staff does add to the experience. However, I do not think they take away from the experience, unless they don't check their equipment regularly.....

I would love to go to one of the stand alone sites It seems like maybe the atmosphere would be even better! Myrtle Beach I have heard is a beautiful place. . . . hmmmm, maybe a vacation there sometime :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm 

Myst MagiQuest Meet Up :wink: :lol:

Anyway, yes the standalones are much better. You have more things to do and the environment is way more immersive.

See, that is why I want to be a MagiQuest staff member. I want to do be someone who is not just there for the job but to be enthusiastic and show people a good time in there. It's good to know that the 2 colleges I am looking at right now are very close to a MagiQuest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:39 pm 

Tocpe wrote:
See, that is why I want to be a MagiQuest staff member.

Hmm yea maybe you will be safe from insane customers now that Znort is gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is certainly an interesting thread. I have a pretty good general idea what MagiQuest Live is like, but to get first-hand accounts of user experiences there is very informative, and helps me understand what MQO is shooting for.

Thanks all,

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I still think this thread should be stickied.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Ok, let's try this again. /laughatself

sinkillerj, this is a very helpful thread. I wonder if it would also be helpful to add something about whether we need to begin at a certain domain, like Twisted Forest, or leave the domain blank. After being away for some time, I can't tell if things have changed to the point where I need to start over or start at a new/blank/group domain.

This might be a dumb question, but.... is there a "group" domain?

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:42 am 

As this topic is about offline locations to give a rough idea such info wont be added, perhaps someone should start one of those. The primary realm used by us online is Blorfloog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:23 am 
Obduction Backer

sinkillerj wrote:
The primary realm used by us online is Blorfloog
That helps already. Thanks.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, Ghaelen!

Yeah, I think that Blorfloog has become the default multiplayer realm. Hope to see you there!!

MQOwog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3