It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:24 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Way cool, guys. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 am 
Obduction Backer

We took our granddaughter to GWL location in Grapevine TX today, and had fun but I had a few issues with the way the whole thing played out. there was a LOT of walking up and down in un-air-conditioned, so very hot, stairwells ( in TX in August = NOT acceptable) even our 8 year old said "we sure got plenty of exercise" so for us *older* folks it was MORE than plenty rofl! They were completely out of the "girlie" stuff for the wands in the shop, and so we had a little disappointment there . . . but we got over it. ;)

The quests were fun, and we enjoyed making the "magic" happen, but not all items were working properly many people complained that the wands were not picking up things, and more than once we had to trek back to the shop to get the wand reset. I think they need some maintenance work done at that location . . . . . . . . after completing one of the quests and having the rune awarded it did not show as complete in my hubby's status when we went to start another. I think they need to "debug" some things ;) as many "bugs" there as I have seen in this early testing here, it seems! I was looking all over for a "suggestion box" never found one :lol: It seems since we spent close to $200 for the 3 of us, it ought to have been working at least near perfect!

All in all it was fun though, and I would definitely recommend the adventure, to others, and will no doubt go back some time to finish what we didn't get through today. I have to admit that I probably will enjoy the virtual MQ more cause My avatar is much younger and can take the "exercise" better LOL . . . . ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:51 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Mystdee wrote:
I think they need to "debug" some things

"They" would be me and the lead server developer if it's a software problem, so I'd be glad to hear about any bugs if you'd like to spend more time on it and send me some details. As you say, some things might need physical attention and the staff needs to let someone know. Btw, it's not the wands picking up things but the things the wands point at (the wand is a transmitter).

Generally speaking, the resort format does give you more exercise than stand-alone locations. We actually try to be kind and reorder some quests as compared to other locations to reduce the stair climbing. Heavily themed locations like Myrtle Beach or East Hanover are on fewer floors in an integrated space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:35 am 
Obduction Backer

/waves at Mystdee

I was thinking of taking my grandkids to the Grapevine location but after reading Mystdee's critique I think I will wait a few months until it is cooler, say maybe only hitting the upper 80s in December ;) I think my grandkids will fall in love with it once the weather is MUCH cooler here.

This part of Texas has been hitting well into the 100s with several days over 110. To top it off, this isn't a "dry heat" so I have to agree with Mystdee that indoor locations are unacceptable without AC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
I think they need to "debug" some things

"They" would be me and the lead server developer if it's a software problem, so I'd be glad to hear about any bugs if you'd like to spend more time on it and send me some details. As you say, some things might need physical attention and the staff needs to let someone know. Btw, it's not the wands picking up things but the things the wands point at (the wand is a transmitter).

Generally speaking, the resort format does give you more exercise than stand-alone locations. We actually try to be kind and reorder some quests as compared to other locations to reduce the stair climbing. Heavily themed locations like Myrtle Beach or East Hanover are on fewer floors in an integrated space.

Thanks for the info JW. I did notice after completing the first quest that the order was at least well arranged (the first one we didn't pay as much attention to the "Wisdom" in the Ancient book we were given. . ;) ) I will try to write down some more specific info for ya about the problems we had . . . and I'll PM them later. I really think it might be more of a maintenance thing than a software problem, but of course I don't know that for fact. Right now we are still entertaining our little girl ;) so probably have more time to sort out the thoughts, later in the weekend . . . . . I am sure the less stairs locations are probably more to my personal liking ;) but as I said it was still a lot of fun. The concept is Awesome, we are looking forward to doing the adventures too. Only got through 7 of the quests, so still 4 more of those. :lol:

@Texana, /wave back :) You should take your grands, it's a very unique adventure to share with them. it is fun and the kids hardly notice the stairs, the kids were all running their folks ragged LOL. . For YOU tho, you could be right cooler might be better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:31 pm 

ill add a tip about wand batteries in a minute. I cant stand playing with the wands initial batteries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

We did consider the possibility that the wand needed a better battery, the guy in the shop assured us the battery was good for the day, but the problems could certainly have been due to low battery power IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:05 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
We did consider the possibility that the wand needed a better battery, the guy in the shop assured us the battery was good for the day, but the problems could certainly have been due to low battery power IMO.

The batteries that come with the wand are cheap and generic, plus the battery tab may have been pulled before you got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
It seems MQ is getting a bit of a "two-fer" deal with this beta group.

Mystdee wrote:
I was looking all over for a "suggestion box" never found one.

Feature Request? :wink: Mystdee brought her comments here, but what about the ordinary run-of-the-mill customer? Are they encouraged to go to the MQ website to post comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:15 am 

Tai'lahr wrote:

Mystdee wrote:

Feature Request? :wink: Mystdee brought her comments here, but what about the ordinary run-of-the-mill customer? Are they encouraged to go to the MQ website to post comments?

at the myrtle beach location they currently have an automated survey touch screen pc on the way out that asks a bunch of questions. also, there is a "contact us" page on the official site that people use all the time.

@Mystdee no offense, but 95% of the time I see a customer walk up to staff and say "this is broke" or "my wand don't work!" its user error. I have seen people give up and walk out cause they just can't do it.... its almost like they think its real magic and if they point the wand it should work. others on the other hand, walk right in and pick it up and go. then there are the other people who are in between, like me and possibly you. I could do it flawlessly when I first started playing until i got into the dragon duel. i would get frustrated and frantically shake my wand, when in reality, the faster you shake the wand, the less likely it will work. you just have to play around and find your "sweet spot" when casting. i find that the method of holding the wand like a pencil and act like i'm throwing a dart most effective. also, when you cast, hold it still at the end of your cast for a couple of seconds. cast, then hold it pointing at the object. if it doesn't respond, try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Voldermort wrote:
I have seen people give up and walk out cause they just can't do it.... its almost like they think its real magic and if they point the wand it should work.

But isn't that exactly what is advertised?
The system is flawed when not everybody "can do it".

I do hope the Online experience works better ;)

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Voldermort wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:

Mystdee wrote:

at the myrtle beach location they currently have an automated survey touch screen pc on the way out that asks a bunch of questions. also, there is a "contact us" page on the official site that people use all the time.

@Mystdee no offense, but 95% of the time I see a customer walk up to staff and say "this is broke" or "my wand don't work!" its user error. I have seen people give up and walk out cause they just can't do it.... its almost like they think its real magic and if they point the wand it should work. others on the other hand, walk right in and pick it up and go. then there are the other people who are in between, like me and possibly you. I could do it flawlessly when I first started playing until i got into the dragon duel. i would get frustrated and frantically shake my wand, when in reality, the faster you shake the wand, the less likely it will work. you just have to play around and find your "sweet spot" when casting. i find that the method of holding the wand like a pencil and act like i'm throwing a dart most effective. also, when you cast, hold it still at the end of your cast for a couple of seconds. cast, then hold it pointing at the object. if it doesn't respond, try again.

Yes, I agree there is a certain "flare" to getting the wand to work, I thought that was part of the fun, really, each of us had a different way of making it work for us. . . . and, of course, user error comes into play. . .it did with us too, but eventually we got it right, however when it works for 9/10 wands, including 2 of the three we had, then yours just won't make one specific item activate, no matter what you do, or how you do it, there's something wrong at the item itself, or with the wand . . . we even had a boy who had done all the quests a dozen times, and made it work instantly with his wand, try for us and he could not make it work with our stubborn wand either. It's frustrating to have to trek back up or down the stairs to have the wand checked and yes, the guy in the store said it was not showing that particular item activated and said he'd do it from there, so we could move on, this happened twice on that one quest BTW. Finally, after much frustration, we got through that quest, hubby got his rune rewarded and when he went to the QM to start another quest it said he had not finished the previous quest, did he really want to erase his progress? I can see why folks would walk out, frankly, it took us over an hour to get that one done because of the problems and still essentially has to be done again from the start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:30 pm 

But Mystdee at least you got up front first hand expierence of being there and seeing what happens and goes on. Darn shame there was problems with some of the areas. I just wish I could log in this morning, maybe the batteries are dead on the log in screen. :D and keep telling me cap lock is on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:34 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
Finally, after much frustration, we got through that quest, hubby got his rune rewarded and when he went to the QM to start another quest it said he had not finished the previous quest, did he really want to erase his progress? I can see why folks would walk out, frankly, it took us over an hour to get that one done because of the problems and still essentially has to be done again from the start.

When you go to a Quest stone after getting a rune where the quest ended at what seems to be a projector screen, it pops up with your status for the last quest. this is because when a quest ends a a projector, you technically don't get the rune until you cast at a status or quest station. you can just go in and select another quest if you see everything is lit up or if you see the rune there. also idt a "do you want to lose progress" message pops up this way, if it did, if is not what I am saying.

in the end, it probably is the hardware for that effect. most GWL people i have met just don't care. Most of them are high school and college students who are just there for a summer job and thats it. if they would go out and check these things every now and then things would be better. and when they do find something wrong they need to report it as well.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Voldermort wrote:
Most of them are high school and college students who are just there for a summer job and thats it.

I was wondering who does the staffing for on-site, now I know. It's like trying to get enthusiasm out of someone running a state fair booth, sometimes you get people who really get into it, most often you get barely there.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next