It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Mystdee wrote:
Question for JW if you know: I just registered and it added Magiquest Portal adventure Series Chapter one to my shopping cart @ $9.99 is that the real thing?. . . .I do plan to purchase MQO but if this is not it. . . . . also is that what is suppose to happen when I register?

It's supposed to happen because we want to test the full system.

Whether you get to keep your Chapter... Honest to goodness, I never asked in the meetings! Heh. CK will be fairly generous in what it does with MQO, but I'm really not sure if your Chapter will carry over to the live site. From experience, betas generally don't. It is the intention, however, that your website accounts will carry over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

So, if I purchase this, am I buying into the Beta?. . . .Hmmmm, thought it was free. . . . . :wink: Seems like it would confuse a lot of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:30 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Ah, I see. You need to use our test credit card number provided for you in the invitation letter on Facebook. If you actually do mistakenly use your card, the system is in test mode and you won't be charged anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Ah, I see. You need to use our test credit card number provided for you in the invitation letter on Facebook. If you actually do mistakenly use your card, the system is in test mode and you won't be charged anyway.

Ah, I guess I missed that since I had to copy the links by hand must have thought I had all the info . . . . Thanks JW. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

JWPlatt wrote:
The forums will not let you post yet.

Update: The forums are in fact available for posting (and testing). How about that, huh? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

While limiting the audience may be just what's needed in this case, I sure hope more companies won't follow CK's example and only post their news on Facebook. I couldn't even read it over my lunch break because my employer (rightly) blocks Facebook. :roll:

I signed up for the beta and everything on the website seemed to work well. Simulated purchase (with a billing address in Switzerland), download, and fresh installation (on Wine on Mac OS X) worked fine, and I'm in the game now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Interesting on the Facebook thing -- aside from "older adults" signing up for Facebook, it looks like companies are getting into Facebook. I just checked, and I found a Facebook presence for Dell, Cisco and HP. It's not juse tech companies, I'm a Facebook fan of Sunset Magazine and also a Facebook fan of a local radio station. Then there's universities (where it started, Harvard campus, right?) -- they use it big time. My university (where I'm getting an MBA, not Harvard!) uses it a lot. Game companies appear to be using it a whole lot -- I'm a fan of several games. I know someone at a tech company who signed up for Facebook because it was part of this person's job.

I don't think this means there should be an exclusion of other media, but it seems to me that Facebook is a good way to build community for your game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am 
Obduction Backer

Seems you have to have a Facebook account. I will sit this out then, see everyone when chapter 2 starts (hopefully).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
No, not true at all. I don't have a Facebook account and I signed up.
Just read this letter and follow the instructions.
The links in it don't work because it's a picture, so you'll need to type them out.
Here's the one to the sign up page: http://test.magiquest.com/mqonline/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank Tai'lahr, I didn't realize what was happening it seems.

I downloaded from the link and installed to a new folder c:\MQOBeta\ and after the download completed the logon screen came up. The account name showed my playername @mqobeta.com is this correct? It just sits there and hangs. I noticed the Sessions dropdown has the same info as my old one from Cyan testing.

Thanks,

LK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
The account name showed my playername @mqobeta.com is this correct?

Hi LK. You should delete the @mqobeta.com part and just type in your player name (I chose a new one for this). You then use the password that you chose when you registered on the MQ site.

Quote:
I noticed the Sessions dropdown has the same info as my old one from Cyan testing.

Yeah, I've got that too, but I think it's intentional :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried changing to @magiquest.com but no happiness there either. Thanks ShielaR, I'll give that a shot. New name hey, hmmmm gonna sneak up on us I see!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:08 pm 

My experience with the website's sign-up page:

- Neither the "Click Here To Begin Download" nor the "Click Here To Sign Up Now" buttons at page left are active.

- The main page displays a message indicating that MQO will be "LIVE within 60 days", but the lines at the bottom of that field read "Welcome to MQ Online. Continue your journey or begin it now. MQ Online presents: “The Portal Adventure Series; Chapter One. The Clan Courtyard and Twisted Woods Realms.” Download Chapter One now at $9.99..." - two clearly conflicting statements.

- These messages display correctly in Firefox, but MSIE shows the "Welcome to..." message at page top, overlapping the "MQ Online is undergoing final testing" message.

- Trying to "sign up for email updates and alerts about the progress of the game, sign up for our e-mail alerts here" - with or without cookies activated, in either Firefox or MSIE, produces the following error page:
- This error page contains indicators of two different types of error. One says "your session has expired, please log in again" and the other indicates that the page was simply not found. The newcomer may ask "which is correct?" "was I supposed to log in? Does that mean I have to REGISTER to SIGN UP?" and other such questions. Remember, you're dealing with kids here (I know, they're probably smarter than most of us adults, but they're still kids)

All in all, confusing and frustrating. Note that I am NOT looking for advice on how to go about this properly. I'm just reporting that this is the experience any interested newbie may also encounter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I registered , deinstalled the old closed beta version ( to be sure), downloaded sucessfuly the new open beta version and attempted to login with my new registerd MQO open Beta account. Not able to login, invalid credentials . Something is probably not completely in shape yet.
The newly registered account + PW was OK to be able to submit a ticket affecting the issue anyway. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:10 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Cully, your link is wrong. Someone may have pointed you to the live site instead of the Facebook letter with instructions. The live site will not allow signups yet. Or maybe you typed "www" instead of "test" by habit.

jek, just use your username without the "@" part so you don't have to guess what it should be.

Everyone, please send people to the Facebook post to avoid confusion instead of directly to the test website. The best way to sign up for the Beta is to follow these instructions in the Beta letter on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4 ... 4821985638

The instructions give you the necessary information.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next