It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 pm 

Hey sorry for the confusion. The info I got about what to do was just as vague as what I posted. I was confused about it myself lol =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The Facebook letter post still applies. Nothing has changed except we're opening up more avenues to the public Beta than just those who keep in touch on Facebook. The best thing to do is still to point at that in your posts, Or perhaps even better, point to this post on the MQ forums:

http://forums.test.magiquest.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is also an invitation on facebook: MQO has a facebook page and explains all the steps to people who want to be beta tester!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I can't help but wonder if maybe all this extending the open beta participation runs the risk of pulling in a pretty large chunk of the prospective customers for Chapter 1, so that when if finally goes on sale they say "Nah, I've played it now, so I'm not spending the $10". :?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
But, if they're tying online progress to real world location progress, perhaps users will have to pay for the chapter in order to have their online progress count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:16 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Participation through Beta won't really be a measurable blip until MQ starts offering MQO Chapter One for sale at locations.

Anyone can see their MQO progress on MyMQ, even if they are not an onsite customer. And customers will be able to link their online account to their onsite account. Oh, and progress and accounts will be wiped for Launch. There will then just be Rehearsal and Live. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am 
Obduction Backer

bugs should go to the new support site correct

i thought i put this bug in before but it is still there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Offering the beta through facebook is brilliant, if you ask me. My concern, as always, is that the people with a long association as beta testers for Cyan products -- they may be good bug testers, but they aren't objective in terms of game enjoyment. Being in a Cyan beta is like being in a secret special club. I'm not immune to the appeal of a secret special club myself. Cyan fans (ok, not everyone) like MagiQuest because Cyan made it and they love Cyan. I've seen people here slam all other games, including fantasy sword and sorcery games, and now the same people love a game like that because Cyan made it. Dont' get me wrong -- from what I've seen, MagiQuest is charming, a nice light game in the genre, on the sunny side of genre, but I happen to like fantasy sword and sorcery games.

Yes, I know I'm being a little grumpy.

Anyway, facebook for beta -- excellent idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 pm 

mszv wrote:
Offering the beta through facebook is brilliant, if you ask me. My concern, as always, is that the people with a long association as beta testers for Cyan products -- they may be good bug testers, but they aren't objective in terms of game enjoyment. Being in a Cyan beta is like being in a secret special club. I'm not immune to the appeal of a secret special club myself. Cyan fans (ok, not everyone) like MagiQuest because Cyan made it and they love Cyan. I've seen people here slam all other games, including fantasy sword and sorcery games, and now the same people love a game like that because Cyan made it. Dont' get me wrong -- from what I've seen, MagiQuest is charming, a nice light game in the genre, on the sunny side of genre, but I happen to like fantasy sword and sorcery games.

Yes, I know I'm being a little grumpy.

Anyway, facebook for beta -- excellent idea.

Hey amarez – Tokai calling! I concur with just about everything in your post. I was very critical on my appraisal of MQO beta (re – survey) and maintained that it was a touch ‘childish’ for any ardent and seasoned adventurer. While I recognise that it will have an appeal for some – IMHO as a commercial enterprise – it will undoubtedly flop for a number of reasons that we don’t really need to go into here. I see it as a waste of good graphics and programming – I really would have liked all the effort that was put into this go towards a more adult orientated adventure (adult in the sense that you have to really think about what you’re doing in the game without having silly cue cards and prompts everywhere you go).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

> and maintained that it was a touch ‘childish’ for any ardent and seasoned adventurer.

Since this is aimed at children, why do you have a problem? You aren't the target audience, Tokai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

From the perspective of what I've seen, I do like it. But it's not Uru or Myst. It's a different sort of game. I have no idea if it will hit its target market -- I think it will, but that market is a bit peripheral to me. I play MMORPGs but we are talking Guild Wars and a couple of others, more "adult" games, if you will -- not that I think current MMORPGs are particularly "adult", but I don't know another word to describe them. That's not disparaging MagiQuest. That's why I think it's great that more people can get in on the beta. Still adults and teens, mostly, the Facebook crowd, but you'll get more people than Uru fans, and fans of Cyan.

It's a curious world. I've seen some posts on trying to move Uru fans to playing MagiQuest. It's as if all Cyan games are replaceable units -- if we can't play Uru, let's gather in MagiQuest. While I think MagiQuest is great, and I'm going to try it out, it's not a replacement of Uru for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:17 pm 

But did you realize the DRC had wands? ;3 That chisel rune sure does come in handy in the caverns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:15 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
> and maintained that it was a touch ‘childish’ for any ardent and seasoned adventurer.

Since this is aimed at children, why do you have a problem? You aren't the target audience, Tokai.

Problem? And pray tell me what on earth makes you think I have a problem? Please don't jump to false conclusions. Furthermore the game is not entirely aimed at children - but rather children, parents or both together. How I've described the game is in my own personal opinion, while I readily recognise the game is not for me - I do agree that it will appeal to others. Just my two cents that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tokai, I didn't understand "childish" as a criticism of a game aimed at a younger audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am afraid I won't be able to play this time....I was spotty in attendance in the first round, and I would dislike a repeat performance. I feel that as a tester I should be able to play a minimum of 4-6 hours a week, distributed across at least 3 different days, and I wasn't able to do that on the last go-around.
I am looking forward to the release of the actual game, I'm gonna sign up for that.

It was sooo nice to be amongst such a group of dedicated people, all so clever and imaginative!!! Makes a nice break from my real job, where expressing yourself imaginatively is difficult to do.

Love you all!!! Miss Uru. Went a wee bit hysterical with those posts from Victor Laxman, etc. Settling down now to wait patiently, no matter how long it takes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3