It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:13 am 

jek wrote:
I played through and it seems the resolution I had selected was one of the good ones, no problems. The new videos are good and having the owl not just sitting there but you have to "find" him is good. The game play is more fleshed out now in the new videos. The video quality is not very good, some of Willow's videos are terrible. I noticed stutters or skips in both hers and Lokari's. I wish the video quality could be much better. Oh, did Willow age a bit since she made the videos before the new one at the end? It almost seems like a different actress.
:D

Talk about taking the words out of my mouth! Yep - I concur with you jek - completely. I'll just add that I found the camera angle or POV in the Windmill underground chamber a bit awkward to accept - almost akin to the POV we were presented with when running around the TW on quests (did someone mention floating stones?). Anyway I'm still getting the (dare I mention - Ki) square on my left wrist when I am in the vicinity of the stream in the Courtyards.

May I just add - that if Willow ages anymore - I will... ahhh... forget it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I found the new Willow video to be better quality so therefore she's bound to look different. . Older? Well not sure but it does happen to the best of us ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:11 pm 

I add two things I observed that need to be fixed:

1. I had the End Game pages in my BoW even before I defeated Golem. Could be that it was added as soon as I went to duel, but I deliberately fail first so I can see what happens if you don't get it right.

2. I admit I did not read through all the texts in the BoW but I noticed there are spelling errors in the FAQ section in the UI.

My general impression is that the game is better now, the dialogs are witty and fun, especially when the morphs get annoyed with me bugging them before I finish their quests. "Do you want to hear it again? Just how dense are you?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new ending is GREAT! Love that sneaky moment when "something" moves in the background while Willow is talking.

Also very good to have the Shadow words in the BoW.

One tiny thing still bothers me a bit: the music in the Courtyards keps starting over again each time I move from one Court to another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 am 
Obduction Backer

I need to file these officially on the support site aforementioned, but here are my findings:

1. At startup with a new avatar, although "male" appears by default checked, it isn't. Actually, cannot select "Male" at all - button toggles on and off but game only recognizes if I select "female". Have to change gender at "Closet" screen.
2. UI (status bar at top, chat text, and icons at bottom) is shifted to the left. Happens whether full screen or windowed. All 4:3 resolutions are badly broken due to this (BoW icon is partly off screen, and typing is also partly off screen). Other resolutions still show the interface slightly skewed left... it is noticeably left even in widescreen resolutions but 4:3 is just not acceptable.
3. I'm used to caps lock turning on run, now run seems to be default, hit caps lock to walk. Is this intentional?
4. When do we meet narrator again, as foretold when leaving Portal Well for the first time?
5. Chatfade bug persists. (Timer to fade does not reset while user is typing... c'mon, this works right in MOUL, can't you port the fix over?)
6. When players disconnect, their avatar is sometimes left standing in place. Noticed twice in Clan Courtyard. But did not see this happen when player disconnected in Twisted Woods.
7. while in multiplayer, other player suddenly stopped seeing text that I was typing, although I was receiving text she typed. This happened mid-conversation. Had to log out and back in to fix.
8. Twisted Woods is unplayable on 1.8GHz CPU with 1GB memory. Just so you know. :lol: I had to switch to a faster PC to continue.
9. Trying to break the rocks in the windmill, I selected the rocks, then the chisel... then realized my camera angle prevented me from clicking the top of the pile, so I could not cast! It took me a moment to figure out to use the ESC key to exit casting mode. In future versions of MQO, I suggest a 'cancel' button on the casting screen.
10. Before challenging Kalo, after accessing the hidden rune on the wall, I opened BoW. I moved forward one page, then moved back one page, and saw the Chap 1 Conclusion page which should not yet be accessible.
11. Multiplayer, if another avatar is standing nearby when you confront Kalo, the avatar's name still pops up if you mouse over the area where the avatar is standing, despite the video overlay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:53 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

These are good, EthanEver and Marten, thanks!

Ethan, I sent in your comments here verbatim. Very nice.

Marten, I hope you've been able to ticket all that. Wow, a lot of work! On #2, the UI was shifted and it's fixed for the next build. On #3, yes, it was intentional. To have "normal" behavior (for Uru players), engage Caps Lock. Can't say I like this change either, but apparently there were even more complaints about running not being the default. #4 - maybe the next Chapter? #1 and #5 - I've reported these too. #9 - others have reported the new camera angle is disorienting. Interesting that it affected gameplay for you. Your ticket on this would be beneficial. For these and the rest, only fatal gameplay bugs will be fixed for the next (and final, so they say) build before Launch. But there will be updates to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:46 pm 

I only just found out about this (kinda busy last week and a half, lol) and ran in to get this done. Very nice job and I do really like the ending video. I think it accomplishes much more than the first one did and doesn't hit you over the head with a hammer (rune) with the live locations but encourages you to visit them.

Very minor things -
1. Selecting clothing - if you take the breeches and boots in the pants section and color them, if you go to shoes and select the boots, you get the pants and boots again but lose the coloring and have to go back to the pants page to recolor them.
2. Avatar has a small white line where belt joins the upper waist. Not a biggie but it was noticable as the avatar turned or moved.
3. Pointed hat, white lines around outer edge of brim and white 'seam' line at the back.

Other things:

1. Side view when wanding things. It was disconcerting like looking out of the corner of my eye. I would prefer the front on view.

2. I had to play with the resolution because everything seemed shifted over to the left. I finally found one that worked and got everything looking reasonably normal. The avatar looked tall and thinner than I would have expected but it was an improvement over the wide tushie it had before, lolol.

3. I had one black screen and crash when first going back to the Portal Well from the Twisted Forest but once I relogged back in, it never happened again.

Overall, very good, lot of fun to play and I think it certainly is a wonderful addition to the MagiQuest adventure. Kudos to all!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Had missed the ping Updated
I already had an open beta coount created after the vault wipe which was working OK, but getting an auth failed now?
:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 am 

You might want to look further back in the thread Jan to see how to solve that. I didn't do the open Beta so I started from scratch last night.

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:25 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Instructions here:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 402#318402

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 am 
Obduction Backer

I did the open beta so I have already an existing account following that procedure. I had a PW problem , Ticket, Was solved, I used that account to replay from scratch etc. I have reopened that existing ticket now.
Do I have to create a new account again using the same procedure?

Last edited by JanB on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 am 
Creative Kingdoms

If you created an account through the MQ Online website, it is still there for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:28 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Marten, I hope you've been able to ticket all that. Wow, a lot of work! On #2, the UI was shifted and it's fixed for the next build. On #3, yes, it was intentional. To have "normal" behavior (for Uru players), engage Caps Lock. Can't say I like this change either, but apparently there were even more complaints about running not being the default. #4 - maybe the next Chapter? #1 and #5 - I've reported these too. #9 - others have reported the new camera angle is disorienting. Interesting that it affected gameplay for you. Your ticket on this would be beneficial. For these and the rest, only fatal gameplay bugs will be fixed for the next (and final, so they say) build before Launch. But there will be updates to come.

I ticketed all items except not meeting the narrator again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 am 

Marten wrote:
4. When do we meet narrator again, as foretold when leaving Portal Well for the first time?

You get to hear her voice as soon as you go tho the Coutryard if you don't go to the QS right away. She will urge you to go there "when you are ready" :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'm glad to know that the issue with the UI being off center will be fixed because adjusting the resolution wasn't a good answer for me - all the options just gave me a headache. I ended up leaving it as it was and just "dealing with" the chat being slightly off the page. In the process of trying to adjust the settings, though, I discovered that the numbers seemed to be "grayed out" and too light to read, so I reported that. Also, reported the running by default issue (one vote for our side), and that darned White Owl is still blind and can't see that I'm a female! Seriously, though, I was quite dismayed to find out that the White Owl's speech had been altered for other reasons and his use of a gender specific term wasn't addressed at that time. :(

[spoiler=ticket on White Owl]The White Owl uses the gender-specific word "he" presumably in reference to the avatar, which in my case, is clearly female. "A Magi has proven that he knows how to start the windmill..." Honestly, at first, I was confused, thinking that perhaps we were discussing someone else. He should say, "A Magi has proven that they know how to start the windmill..."

I reported this during the initial beta testing not really expecting it to be rectified right away because of the costs involved in re-recording an actor's voice. However, since discovering that this recording has been changed in other parts for the new build, I'm gravely disappointed that this issue wasn't addressed at that time. For a game in which the female characters seem to be generally stronger than the male characters, I'm surprised that CK would consider this an irrelevant detail as if expecting the same demographics as other online games - that of mostly young males. I believed that MagiQuest would be much like Uru in that it would stand out as a unique online game where everyone felt comfortable.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

But if the Owl used the word 'they', his words would be grammatically incorrect. 'They' is plural.

8)

The line needs to be rethought and rewritten to avoid the problem; "he or she" would be very awkward, and I'm sure CK does not want to use two copies of the video, one for each gender.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next