It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Don't know if you guys know this already, but I guess reposting it doesn't matter.

After some study of the patcher and file server, I have reached a few conclusions (and created some interesting situations). It seems that if a file fails to download for whatever reason (or the downloaded file is somehow corrupted), the patcher remembers this but continues onward. Once 0 minutes remaining is reached, we begin attempting to download the failed files. Of course, if the download can continuously fail (I have seen that in multiple cases). Eventually, all files are downloaded and not corrupt, and the patcher launches MQExplorer.exe

I have had this corruption/failure cycle happen quite often to me. This very rarely happened in MOUL (which downloaded a much smaller amount of data via the Secure Preloader [this is the initial in-game update that occurs each run] in a much lower amount of time). I'm leaning toward saying (keeping in mind what I know about how the file server works) that the MQO server's low bandwidth may be a potential culprit. I would present more evidence to this statement, but the specific examples I have would certainly get my post deleted (and I don't want this one to disappear).

Unfortunately, this means there is little we can do but start the patcher and leave it running until it (finally) works. I don't know how long any of you have left it running. I had to leave mine open a VERY long time for it to work. I suggest you guys try the same. Perhaps overnight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:02 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

This is a really great cooperative effort.

AdamJohnso wrote:
MQO server's low bandwidth may be a potential culprit. I would present more evidence to this statement, but ...

If true, we would not be the relevant recipients of your analysis anyway. Pass it on to Chogon or in a ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
MQO server's low bandwidth may be a potential culprit. I would present more evidence to this statement, but ...

If true, we would not be the relevant recipients of your analysis anyway. Pass it on to Chogon or in a ticket.

*Adds another item to his tickets-to-write stack*

Been really busy getting ready for a new school (which starts tomorrow) >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, but that's not the case here. My connection is being reset by the server every 66 seconds and the file starts from 0 again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Would you be willing to provide a packet capture? I can analyze it if you'd be willing to provide one (though it will be a few days before I can do so).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Adam, but Mac_Fife has been looking after that and Cyan has all the Wireshark logs.

The launcher recognises the files if I add them as a static download from a zip file, so it's obviously working to a manifest.

My current looping files are QM Dragon Intro 512.bik, Forest_District_Forest.prp, Forest_District_Textures.prp, GlobalClothing_District_Male.prp and PhysX_Setup.exe, all of which are bigger than 5.5 MB, I assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think you misunderstand. I mean analyze as in determine EXACTLY what the client and server are sending to each other data-wise, I'm not really interested in when connections die. I'm probably one of the most knowledgeable about the protocol who is not a Cyan employee. It's your call though.

And yeah, the manifests themselves very rarely fail, I've noticed :)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that the files you're dying on are large files, consistent with my experiences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ok... I am never one to turn down expert help. What do you need from me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

A wireshark log that I can reopen in wireshark. I think .pcap fits that bill. If you could email it to [email protected] or put it on the ftp, I'll take a look at it when I get a few good uninterrupted hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have added my three zipped logs that are part of my ticket to Cyan's ftp site - RR is me.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all,

I'm thinking the problem may have something to do with the load balancer that is sitting in front of the file servers.
So, you might try going directly to one of the file serves.

Create a short-cut to MQLauncher.exe and add one of the following to the end of the Target:
/FileSrv=174.129.208.86
or
/FileSrv=75.101.188.140

Those with the problem can try out both (or different people try out each) and report your results here.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking the problem may have something to do with the load balancer that is sitting in front of the file servers.
So, you might try going directly to one of the file serves.

Create a short-cut to MQLauncher.exe and add one of the following to the end of the Target:
/FileSrv=174.129.208.86
or
/FileSrv=75.101.188.140

Those with the problem can try out both (or different people try out each) and report your results here.

Thanks,
Chogon

A load balancer? Interesting... I was curious if there was one. Rusty, will you try Chogon's suggestion and report back? I'd rather not get too deep into those dumps beforehand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I can't add /FileSrv to the target after .exe (within the same "s) - Windows won't let me.

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Cyan Worlds\MQLauncher.exe" /FileSrv=174.129.208.86 is what the shortcut says, but I don't see that as passing /FileSrv into the program.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Play with the quotes, I can't recall if it needs to be inside or out. If that fails, you could use cmd.exe to cd to the MQO directory and run MQLauncher.exe /FileSrv=blah from the command line... That always works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 am 
Creative Kingdoms

LIke this:

"<path>\MQLauncher.exe" /FileSrv=<IP address>

Or if it's about editing permissions of the shortcut, use an admin account.

Last edited by JWPlatt on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next