It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need FTP Assistance
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:03 am 
Obduction Backer

I can't remember how to create a folder at the FTP site. Can someone walk me through it? I need to upload my log - I tried to attach it to my bug ticket but it won't take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Remember to zip your log into one file bevor trying to attach it to the ticket or uploading it to the ftp site.

Most of the time you can do a right mouse click to open the menu for creating a new folder, but this depends on the ftp software you're using.
If you're using the IE its helpful to open the ftp site in your Windows-Explorer, a text-menu entry for this function can be found under "view".

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

Post subject: Re: Need FTP Assistance
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 am 
Obduction Backer

morwyn wrote:
I can't remember how to create a folder at the FTP site. Can someone walk me through it? I need to upload my log - I tried to attach it to my bug ticket but it won't take.

I had a lot of trouble with this at first too morwyn - Hamsta is right, if you are in IE, but I had to do it slightly differently (Using VIEW did not bring up the needed option) Instead I needed to click on the arrow next to PAGE, and yif you do that you will get a list of choices - Select Open FTP site in Windows Explorer and then you should be able to see the Folder View. Then you can just create your folder if you haven't done so already, and drag and drop your files directly into your own folder.

If you still have trouble opening in Windows Explorer to see the folder view, you may have the problem I had, which was that in Internet Option (Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, under Browsing, I had not checked the box that says "Enable FTP Folder View (Outside of Windows Explorer"

hope that helps.

nerfy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

:D When I looked at the ftp site it had a nice message (in dutch even) telling me how to open the page into IE.
I created 2 maps, one in the picture map and 1 in the supportmap. (both named HannaGertie)
The 1 in the picture maps shows up on the ftp-site, the one in the support map only when the page is opened in IE. Is that normal?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]