It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yeah, I was just logging back in to re-check and my re-mapping/unmapping (which isn't the defaults) has stuck from earlier today. I'll check again tomorrow, but I don't really expect to lose those settings now. I guess I should try logging in with my laptop to see if I get the same mapping or the default one. I'd expect the default mapping if the profile is stored locally, or the same as my desktop if it's stored globally on the server.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

The mapping is saved except Start Chat if it has been set to unmapped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 pm 

OK, I see what you mean now. Start chat reverts to whatever setting you had immediately before you unmapped it. Weird that it only affects that one setting. It's like the in-memory copy of a variable is being updated OK, but the copy written to disk is using the old one, but only if the new setting is "unmapped".

Edit: OK, here's a partial fix, that worked for me: Highlight the Start Chat key option and hit the "left apostrophe" key. I don't know about non-UK keyboards, but in my case it's above the "Tab" key and to the left of the "1" key and is a key I don't think I've ever used before! This makes the option go to "unmapped" and it seems to stay. The issue that I have now though, is that "Esc" won't stay mapped to "Exit Mode" :?

Edit 2: The key I'm referring to has three symbols on it: ¬ ` ¦

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:

Quote:

Here in the US that key has the tilde (~) and back quote (`). I recall using a British keyboard when I stayed with some friends in Blackpool several years ago. Took a bit of searching! :)

By the way, noting that the Forward/Left/Right/Back settings could be dual mapped to both WASD and the cursor keys, I selected W, A, S, and D and mapped each to Shift-1, Shift-2, Shift-3, and Shift-4 in turn. I'll never actually use those combos, so this essentially made the cursor keys the default for moving about. I also managed to un-map "start chat". Now if I start typing, chat mode is instantly called up, as it was in MOUL. Having said that, I haven't been back into MQO to see if the new settings stuck.

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:32 pm 

Mowog wrote:
Quote:

Here in the US that key has the tilde (~) and back quote (`). I recall using a British keyboard when I stayed with some friends in Blackpool several years ago. Took a bit of searching! :)

I had to use a French keyboard to make some code changes when I went over to a customer site a few years back... confused the heck out of me - putting # ; { } in different places really slows up your 'C' programming :)
Anyway, it was the ` symbol that set the "unmapped" state.

Mowog wrote:
Now if I start typing, chat mode is instantly called up, as it was in MOUL. Having said that, I haven't been back into MQO to see if the new settings stuck.

For me, it stuck after I unmapped it as above. If I unmapped it by "displacing" the key it was previously mapped to by using it elsewhere, it undid itself at logout, as D'Lanor pointed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Anyway, it was the ` symbol that set the "unmapped" state.

For me the ` symbol sets Tilde as the Start Chat key. :? while on my keyboard the tilde should be shift+`

Edit: Got it! On US keyboards NumLock sets unmapped and makes it stick. :D

Last edited by D'Lanor on Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:30 pm 

I set the "Start text chat" key to Enter, so I could still use WASD as normal. Then if you want to say something, hit enter, type, and hit enter again. Kind of like making a newline before your comment. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2