It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

With this new build 9-29, I can't get the patcher downloaded. The download screen comes on, and the blue progress bar gets as far as the 2nd "o" in "Downloading new patcher", then quits. This happened with build 1.1052, but I kept restarting and the patcher would download a bit more each time, until it finally downloaded. This time I keep restarting it, and there is no progress. I checked the Windows Firewall and MQ is excepted, and should be getting through. The computer is running Vista. (My other computer running XP with ZoneAlarm let it through)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ah! I found what to do. "Run as administrator".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was far enough behind, that I uninstalled, and reinstalled the new build (1.999), but I can't get past 'initializing patcher' I get code up where there's usually a message, too.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
I was far enough behind, that I uninstalled, and reinstalled the new build (1.999), but I can't get past 'initializing patcher' I get code up where there's usually a message, too.

Mine is showing build 1.1077 so you haven't got the new build in . . . . .are you on Vista? I always have to "run as administrator" to get the new patcher to load. . . . maybe that's it? Also, did you delete the 2 files that Varga said to delete?

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18452

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think you still have the old installer.
See this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I uninstalled everything, and then downloaded the installer off the ftp site this morning. I'm on XP (coulda swore that I'd typed that in. Huh.)

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:30 am 
Obduction Backer

In XP you may still have to either be the Admin or Run as Admin. Also the new installer may need you to okay it to get through your firewall software.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:40 am 
Obduction Backer

OK... I have been trying to download the installer from the ftp site for a while now... I haven't been able to get in in ages because I haven't had time to figure out why it won't download... I have seen the posts about "Run as administrator" for XP, but don't know exactly how to check if I am administrator or not... I'd really like to be able to get back into the game!

I tried deleting the files to see if I could get a fresh install, and apparently I can't even do that correctly... :(

I can get to the ftp site just fine... I can get to the directories with images too...

but when I click the MQOfile, nothing happens and then I get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" screen... is it operator error (not unlikely) or a timing issue? (Does the ftp download go down during non-daylight hours?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:02 am 
Obduction Backer

L'lee wrote:
OK... I have been trying to download the installer from the ftp site for a while now... I haven't been able to get in in ages because I haven't had time to figure out why it won't download... I have seen the posts about "Run as administrator" for XP, but don't know exactly how to check if I am administrator or not... I'd really like to be able to get back into the game!

I tried deleting the files to see if I could get a fresh install, and apparently I can't even do that correctly... :(

I can get to the ftp site just fine... I can get to the directories with images too...

but when I click the MQOfile, nothing happens and then I get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" screen... is it operator error (not unlikely) or a timing issue? (Does the ftp download go down during non-daylight hours?)

Once you are in the ftp site do you see MQOinstaller.exe? That's the one you need and I just tried it and it came up for me, so it's not down.

I found it easier to save it to my desktop, then put it into a folder before you run the installer or all the "pieces" end up on your desktop LOL Then once it's installed run the launcher. It may have to update also, not sure what build is on the ftp now. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mystdee on Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Run as Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:02 am 

I have Vista but was having the same problem on the ftp site. I saw the posts about Run as Administrator, and it worked for me. Try right clicking on the login screen and selecting Properties. Look for a check box for "Run as Administrator".

LAHI

KI# 00270844
"...there is always more than one way to skin a reekoo" - Aitrus, BoT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:17 am 
Obduction Backer

@Mystdee: Yes, I can see the ftp folder contents just fine... I can SEE it, I just cant download/run the launcher... it won't let me right click and "save as" and it won't let me run it from the ftp screen... I simply can't get the launcher itself to download which, in turn, means I can't get the game to install...

I click on the link for MQLauncher.exe and I get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" screen yet, I can get to the internet just fine (as evidenced by my posts here)...

edit: Hrmm..... Apparently, I can copy/save it from the "windows explorer" view format, but not from the regular ftp view format? ODD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:29 am 
Obduction Backer

L'lee wrote:
@Mystdee: Yes, I can see the ftp folder contents just fine... I can SEE it, I just cant download/run the launcher... it won't let me right click and "save as" and it won't let me run it from the ftp screen... I simply can't get the launcher itself to download which, in turn, means I can't get the game to install...

I click on the link for MQLauncher.exe and I get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" screen yet, I can get to the internet just fine (as evidenced by my posts here)...

edit: Hrmm..... Apparently, I can copy/save it from the "windows explorer" view format, but not from the regular ftp view format? ODD!

I hope that edit means you got it and are installing? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes... downloaded and installed but....

HORROR OF HORRORS!!! I have managed to completely forget the password I used!! LOL
Do I have to submit a ticket to get a password reset? How SAD is that!?!?!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:01 am 
Obduction Backer

L'lee wrote:
Yes... downloaded and installed but....

HORROR OF HORRORS!!! I have managed to completely forget the password I used!! LOL
Do I have to submit a ticket to get a password reset? How SAD is that!?!?!??

LOL. . . . I think you can PM Chogon, don't think there's a way to do it on your own . . . . I had that problem myself when I requested a reset, a while back, couldn't remember to say my soul :lol: . . . . maybe you'll remember on your own ! Glad you got it installed, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:45 pm 

I found the init file and deleted it; where is the s/fx folder?

EDIT: nm, found it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]