It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sessions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 am 

What with getting dumped out of the game and updates and everything, I have 5 identical blorfloog sessions listed in the pull down. I don't see any differences no matter which one I use. Anyone know a way to clear out 4 of those?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi Bob, I believe it is just retaining the session name each time you start one. If you go to Majestic and then quit and go to blorfloog 3 times you will see Majestic and then 3 blorfloog's the next time you play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

jek wrote:
I believe it is just retaining the session name each time you start one. If you go to Majestic and then quit and go to blorfloog 3 times you will see Majestic and then 3 blorfloog's the next time you play.

That doesn't coincide with what I see. The list seems static. Mine has listed 10 Majestic sessions and 5 Blorfloog sessions from the start. The Blorfloog sessions are spelled differently - different capitalization and spacings. That's unusual because capitalization doesn't matter (anymore). So I'd prefer to see it listed only once - perhaps all upper case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:40 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Well, I see the 10 default "MQOSession1, ..., MQOSession10", followed by the five most recently used session names (irrespective of whether or not any of these 5 are duplicates of each other). I don't see any problem - it's just like the MRU lists for files/documents in most Windows applications, apart from the duplication.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

What would be nice is if there were some sort of lobby server that would list the sessions and the current population (if > zero), just like in UU the nexus showed numbers of people in the city and the neighborhoods. that way we'd know where to go before we went there. And perhaps some way to switch sessions while once in the game, rather than having to totally quit and restart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:55 am 
Obduction Backer

gimlet, that's a wonderful idea. A "nexus" to different sessions showing the population count of each. You should definitely put this in as a feature request.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

jek wrote:
gimlet, that's a wonderful idea. A "nexus" to different sessions showing the population count of each. You should definitely put this in as a feature request.

Did - and got told it's been requested by others, so I'm not that much a genius :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]