It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I'm sure that part of beta is determining the system requirements, but perhaps we can begin discussing those here. Because early on, I submitted a ticket or two on "bugs" that were actually on my end. That made me hesitate to submit tickets on later issues that may have been on my end - including the fact that sometimes the sound was out of sync in some videos. Now, that issue is being discussed here and JW has asked if all their drivers are "up to date." What qualifies as "up to date?"

What other circumstances could cause an issue to be only on the client side and not an actual bug? For example, I learned that the certain issues only occurred if the computer had been on for a long period of time (including the wand activating while holstered). :lol:

I know there has been some discussion of specs elsewhere, but perhaps we could begin comparing notes here on the minimum requirements to adequately run the game - as well as other issues that could affect gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

1 GB RAM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:25 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

OK, I've been using two PCs for testing.
The first is the one I use most, and generally speaking works well, but is probably towards the low end of spec:
AMD Athlon XP2000+ (1.7GHz)
1.5GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 6200 graphics (256MB)

My laptop is usable but runs into trouble once been running a while:
AMD Sempron 3500+ (1.8GHz)
512MB RAM
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics (shared RAM)

The lappy gets hot after a while and slows down, mainly because the limited RAM (some of which is given over to the graphics) means it thrashes the page file a lot, making the CPU work harder. Dedicated graphics memory might help, but I think 512 MB of system RAM is on verge of not really being enough.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 am 
Obduction Backer

My 3-year-old homebuilt system has an Intel 1.8 GHz dual core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and a GeForce 7600GT graphics card. It's always handled all iterations of Uru, as well as several other 3D games, seamlessly. I usually run Uru with all graphics settings maxed. The Blue Mars beta really pegged its meters, but that's a known issue on the BM forums. I'd upgrade, but everything but Blue Mars runs great. Solution? I uninstalled the Blue Mars beta...

In MQO, specifically the latest build, all of the Lokari/Willow videos run smoothly, with no sync problems UNLESS I attempt to do a screen capture while the video is playing. The momentary freeze frame while the image is captured knocks the audio out of sync for the remainder of the vid. Naturally, the lesson here is to not attempt screen caps during videos, but I wanted to send my brother a pic of Lokari's cool steampunk gear.

BUT - as for the recently-added videos in the BoW, they always play out of sync on my system. So there's apparently something about them that's different from the main videos. It's odd; I assumed since they were smaller in size that they might play more smoothly, but that isn't the case.

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Mowog's mention that taking a screen capture during a video sent the audio out of sync reminded me of an odd thing that happened to me with Fraps. Sometimes, when I used Fraps to attempt to capture an issue (shaking camera; out of sync animations; wand activating while holstered, etc.), it would often cause the issue I was trying to capture to lessen or even dissappear altogether. That was one of the reasons I began to think those issues might be on my end - even though I can't explain why. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

My laptop is probably as low as you'd want to go:

Pentium 1.7GHz
2 GB RAM
Onboard Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML 128MB

It ran MOUL fine a long as I used an older video driver. It runs MQO fine at 1280 x 800 resolution with that older driver. The only problem I have is that the initial Twisted Woods Quest Stone video runs very very slightly out of sync with its audio. I can run FRAPS in the Portal and Courtyard but it won't run in TW.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]