It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't live near a live MQ site and even if I did I doubt I'd be interested in visiting and spending significant money to play live. But for $10 I think you receive good value in the online game. I'll pay for it and recommed it to my friends. Even having played from the beginning at least 40 times, it still takes me well over an hour to finish. I'll bet most folks will take at least 2 or 3 hours (even more) to finish and $3 an hour for this much fun is pretty inexpensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

here is what i think

[spoiler]I do not think that this i a way to pull online players to the RL MQ I think it is a way to pull RL MQ players to the online game

first i do not think a lot of ppl will know about the online game if they have not been to a RL MQ i may be wrong on this as i do not know how MQ will promote the game

but if some one who has played the online game goes to a RL MQ and then fights the sliver dragon players at the RL MQ will want to know how and that players will tell them they have to play the online game this will make more players buy the game so they can fight the sliver dragon.

and i may be way off on this[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:48 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

It's really mutual.

The Golem Quest online and Silver Dragon Adventure onsite are integrated. Silver Dragon requires the MQO Medal of Ardas (award for defeating the Golem) to play. So while MQO players can enjoy a complete Chapter 1 with no onsite requirements, onsite players need to play MQO to play Silver Dragon.

MQO is an introduction of MagiQuest to new players who can visit onsite locations, another way to play the game for people too far from an onsite location, or a way for onsite players to enjoy MagiQuest from home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:45 pm 

:shock: I didn't know my ears were that good!

Quote:
As RAWA would say, I am going to have to request MagiQuest offices be swept for listening devices.

Real time coordination of people online and people onsite is a pretty exciting concept, eh?

Yes very exciting! Hey, everyone, wave at the nice people at the RL MQ!!!!!! (methinks we have done that before....)

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:03 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm connecting with so many brainwaves in this thread it's creeping me out. -Retreats back into his corner.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm 

Yes Very exciting ! Can you see people watching (at a GWL) us play on a jumbo tron TV !! and all of us sitting in front of Lokeri's steampunk laptop Watching them play in RL .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:03 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Mowog wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that the chapter ends with a prompt to continue the adventure at a live MQ site.

There have been several comments like this. And there was one public comment from one of our own here. It was very funny - I laughed. Really! I won't mention his name... Oops, did I let a pronoun slip out? Sorry. ;) We know who you are! But the humorous reference to the "Christmas Story" Ovaltine scene was winceworthy. So with several comments along the same lines, I'd like to offer you folks a chance to play marketer/designer.

The big message is that no where else can you buy a game that interfaces with reality. A lot of people think that's way cool. But you don't like the context in which the message is presented (after winning the game). There is no guarantee of any change, but if you'd like the chance for some input, see if you can complete this: "With the mission of conveying a message in the game that players have the power of inter-world play, I would..."

Post subject: ending
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:47 am 

Maybe if MQO had a ending option depending on location. If someone is close to a MQO location by there zip code. If one is 2 hours away from one or not near one at all anouther option of a different ending. That is the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

There is going to be a survey released soon about MQO, including the ending. This will be a chance to directly indicate your opinions on this and other things. I'll let you all know where to take the survey when it is posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Just open a location in Southern California... :lol:

There's gotta be a market for this kind of thing, right? Or is the large number of theme- and amusement-parks saturating things down here?

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Funny you should mention theming. The Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, CA has an attraction called DinoQuest which uses MagiQuest technology, including the wand, to go on archaeological adventures. Is that Southern enough for you? It looks to be a 40- to 50-mile drive via 91 or 60/57 from Riverside.

http://www.discoverycube.org/exhibit.aspx?q=11

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I just wish there was a location less than 2 hours from me, Binghamton, NY or Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA would cut that time in half and be much more feasible.
To be more precise, something closer than 73.6 mi to 76.2 mi. That's a lot of distance just to essentially play a game at a resort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Funny you should mention theming. The Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, CA has an attraction called DinoQuest which uses MagiQuest technology, including the wand, to go on archaeological adventures. Is that Southern enough for you? It looks to be a 40- to 50-mile drive via 91 or 60/57 from Riverside.

http://www.discoverycube.org/exhibit.aspx?q=11

;)

Hey, I know where that is! I wasn't aware of that particular attraction.

But there still isn't any way for me to fight the dragon (unless I can dig up his fossil and take it out on him that way).

Still, the bigger issue is that I think this will only appeal to existing MQ players. At least out here, I don't know anyone that had even heard of it until I told them about it, and the only reason I know about it is because of Cyan's involvement. Maybe that's different in other regions. However, even if the intent is to draw the online players to the live sites, you'd still only be getting the audience you already have at the live sites being aware of it.

This may change with adequate online advertising, of course. Online games have a lot of potential for spreading if you sell it right. :D

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2