It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maiden Voyage
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:35 pm 

I understand the infancy of the project and the need to report download/installation/login difficulties rather than in game quirks, rattles, and roles.

I'm happy to report that my install - setup - login - and dance around the block went without a hitch. (it wasn't a bug report so I thought it would not be right to report all systems go in the bug section).

I did crash and burn once when I got too close to a staircase, but the good news is that whether I left the game on purpose or otherwise, there was not a latent application running in my task manager like the not so old URU days. In olden days, I would be required to pull up the task manager and manually terminate the URUExplorer.exe app before I could re-enter the game.

At first blush, for me at least, it was a good experience.

--jimmyjack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:37 pm 

Same here, my initial login and jaunt around the castle went smooth and without a hitch, I am excited to see what will come, this experience has made me yearn for the old Rehearsal days, I imagine this will all be similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Same experience for me - things have run very smoothly here as well. Again, the only really obvious anomaly is the ability to run under the stairs and fall out, but having the mysterious checkerboard down there to aim for makes it worth the effort!

Other than that, it's just been very minor little bits. I've never failed to log in successfully, which is cool. Yeah, Beta's fun!!

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:12 am 

Everything loaded up fine for me too. No problems at all so far other than when I click on the woman near the window you can see the castle from, a white page flys out with nothing on it. Not sure if that is a bug or not or just an unfinshed part of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:48 am 

Yes, the white page is not finished. There is a lot not resolved. I've found that four quests can be completed, although there is nothing further...yet. I think we should trust that this is an important and emerging project on a fast deadline. So far, things have been very relatively smooth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree. So far nothing has been amiss other than what is obviously a future feature.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]