It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:09 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Eleri wrote:
Mystdee wrote:
We are taking our Granddaughter (age 8 ) to MagiQuest this weekend, so I will be sure to report on how she reacts vs how we who are. . . *ahem . . . much older ;) react. I am guessing we will all have fun!

I'm working on setting up a feild trip of Big Kids... but GWL is *spendy*

Yes GWL is VERY *spendy* we thought about staying a night there but too spendy for my taste LOL! so, since it's close to us, we are just doing MQ! :) . . . . . at least this time ;) it is a fun looking resort though and might be a fun splurge at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

ural wrote:
will us beta testers have to pay for he journeies???

(I hope not)

Don't see why we wouldn't. Testing isn't the same as having the full live experience, and being around non-testers. And opening our pocketbooks is a good way to be supportive.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have purchased every game I have tested in the past and if there is a fee for MQ I expect/want to pay that too. I agree Eleri, it is a good way to be supportive.

Testing is for me a privilege, and the reward is the fun and excitment of being a part of it all. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:08 am 

Well Terlltale Games with Lucasarts just released the Tales of Monkey Island, which will be an episodic release of one chapter a month or so, as far as that goes you can jump in whenever and start playing chapter 1 and if 2 and 3 etc are out just keep moving through the game, so I would imagine something similar here, I didnt know there was a new site, can someone post the link here for brevitys sake. I will go hunt for it now! :D

Edit: Found it. Here it is for others http://www.magiquest.com/

Looks like they are going to launch this by fall? Wow, I guess what will happen is we will continue testing new content while the game is running the stuff we are testing out now. Very interesting, so does this make it public knowledge? I should browse the MOUL forums and see if anyone has noticed this yet, I will keep my mouth shut of course. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Race wrote:
so does this make it public knowledge?

No.

Only what is found on the rollover image of the "MQ Online" portal of the home page and the following web page is public knowledge:
http://www.magiquest.com/mqonline/

There would be no reason to make the connection to Cyan Worlds at this time and MagiQuest would like to save the surprise for the right time. Even most MagiQuest staff know only what is on that web page, so if you visit a location, they're not in on it yet. The only people who would know of Cyan's involvement right now is anyone under NDA and in this Beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 pm 

Interesting, but if you look at that small image of the portal well any uru fan will notice Cyans work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:38 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Possibly. But you visited the website because you're under NDA and know about this MQO Beta. It's much easier to figure out from that direction. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:04 pm 

Since nobody posted anything about it in the main forums, I must conclude that is true, we know our community to be ferrets squared :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:35 pm 

True, but Noone would have any reason to go that site, most probably never even heard of MQ however that sliver is enough to say "wait a minute, that avatar looks familiar" in any case I have a great feeling about this project. This could very well put cyan over the top!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:00 pm 

One observation I would make is that I think its telling that no mention is made of Cyan in the advance publicity for the on-line game. One have expected something along the lines of "game development by the makers of MYST Cyan Worlds".. This makes me suspect that Cyan may never be publicly acknowledged as the developer of the game. That being the case we may find ourselves having to 'hush our mouths' for much longer than we may have expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Race wrote:
True, but Noone would have any reason to go that site, most probably never even heard of MQ however that sliver is enough to say "wait a minute, that avatar looks familiar" in any case I have a great feeling about this project. This could very well put cyan over the top!

Judging from the huge number of people playing at the Physical site in Grapevine when we went, I'd say many people have heard of it, and if they mention it to friends who want to check it out you know they will go to the internet and look it up. The site is 1st and formost in the search. People who are interested in online gaming will be sure to notice MQonline in the tab choices. . . . so not so unlikely as it may seem, that an Uru fan would come across it. :lol: I agree if one of *us* sees it they will recognize Cyan's work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

darkstar wrote:
One observation I would make is that I think its telling that no mention is made of Cyan in the advance publicity for the on-line game. One have expected something along the lines of "game development by the makers of MYST Cyan Worlds".. This makes me suspect that Cyan may never be publicly acknowledged as the developer of the game. That being the case we may find ourselves having to 'hush our mouths' for much longer than we may have expected.

Not if JWPlatt is to be believed (a stretch, I know...):

JWPlatt (emphasis added) wrote:
There would be no reason to make the connection to Cyan Worlds at this time and MagiQuest would like to save the surprise for the right time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 pm 

Like I said just an observation. But the important point is that whether or not Cyan are acknowledged our position as testers will always be "we know nuffink" lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Race wrote:
so does this make it public knowledge?

No.

Only what is found on the rollover image of the "MQ Online" portal of the home page and the following web page is public knowledge:
http://www.magiquest.com/mqonline/

There would be no reason to make the connection to Cyan Worlds at this time and MagiQuest would like to save the surprise for the right time. Even most MagiQuest staff know only what is on that web page, so if you visit a location, they're not in on it yet. The only people who would know of Cyan's involvement right now is anyone under NDA and in this Beta.

There is always a chance someone might log into Cyan's support site, see the MQO option, do a quick search, and put two and two together... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
halvor wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:

There is always a chance someone might log into Cyan's support site, see the MQO option, do a quick search, and put two and two together... :?

Well, of course. After all, we're a community full of explorers. But, it would still only be a rumor unless someone in beta were to confirm it, so all testers should be vigilant and cautious not to say anything if someone outside this group brings it up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3