It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiplayer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 pm 

I saw something about this mentioned in another thread but where is everyone meeting up? I guess you need to enter a Realm name when you launch, so I would like to know which realm everyone is using, it would be nice to meet up with you all again, and do these realms have any significance yet or are they just instances of the game to cut down on overpopulation lag? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Here's the thread:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 164#299164

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:08 pm 

I read that thread but it doesnt really say, Magi is mentioned by default but I went and noone was there, then I saw people are trying out others, I was wondering if there was a central place thats all. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:23 pm 

Blorfloog seems to be the one a lot gravitate to...early in the thread, JWPlatt mentioned Blorfloog sort of took on a life of its own (not sure if it was just cause it was at the top of the list or what)...LOL pretty much when I multi-test I put in Blorfloog.... I suppose if you create one of your own just post what it is and say you will be there and see who shows up....I am kind of partial to Blorfloog myself, lololool. Anyway...bit of time before bed so heading in there right now if you wanna go see what we can break.

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:59 pm 

Can we chat with each other yet? I think I might have been just talking to myself, in which case that would make me crazy. lol, thanks Dudemom and JwPlatt for the pointers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
At this time, the only way to chat with someone is to PM them. /p and their name. However, you have to know their name and others' names don't always show up. So, threads like the one JW pointed you towards are used to help identify each other in the game.

If you do manage to PM someone successfully, all subsequent dialogue must be done by /reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:40 pm 

I was in BlorFloog with Dudemom, and I was a ducking here and there, think Dudemom broke everything, :D Well not really, was 2 others there but didn't know who they was, seemed like if I hid in another part of the castle and someone used their wand, I would go flying thru walls and we all would end up on the checkerboard, several times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 am 

nvr2old wrote:
I was in BlorFloog with Dudemom, and I was a ducking here and there, think Dudemom broke everything, :D Well not really, was 2 others there but didn't know who they was, seemed like if I hid in another part of the castle and someone used their wand, I would go flying thru walls and we all would end up on the checkerboard, several times.

Yeah I found that bug last night and reported it. Hopefully in the next build they will have the chat system ready, my guess is it wont be like Urus or they would have left it alone, you could chat with other players before getting the KI I thinkI. Speaking of builds my psychic powers tell me an update is coming sometime this week, most likely Friday. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've never seen anyone else when I log in, and don't know how to get on a multiplayer realm. The above referenced thread doesn't say exactly how to accomplish that, unless I missed it somehow. I have tried different realm names but never sure that's where I am. Is that all you have to do? If so, it's not working for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Yes, just type BlorFloog in as the realm name. It's possible that there might not be anyone there when you log in, but it is the "mainstream" realm right now. Another option is to arrange to meet a friend by agreeing on a realm name together and both of you typing in that name. That's what Marten and I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Yes, just type BlorFloog in as the realm name.

You need to be careful because the Realm Log In is case sensitive. Therefore Blorfloog does not equal BlorFloog etc. etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:52 pm 

Thanks for stating that its case sensitive no wonder why I never see anybody ( DUH!!) I should of known better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 am 

O.o nvr2old, I was the one breaking things!!! ohhhh well, ok, I was sorta....LOOL but I have NO idea how we got to the checkerboard.....for anyone who wants an multiplayer instance when you first start to log in, down at the bottom below your password, you can put the realm you would like to go to..just type like Blorfloog, Carpathia or even make one up of your own...then post in this thread to see who might join you Which Realm/Domain Will You Be Playing In and see who joins in the fun!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:25 pm 

I am just kidding you Dm,, :D I have a theory that if I am in another part of the castle where when someone uses the wand and it starts pulling me to them and I have to go thru several walls to get to you, then we seem to end up on the checkerboard, but no proof unless we do it again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]