It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Into the Forest
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi,

Tonight I made it into the Forest portal and wandered around in the Forest.

Very strange place. I messed around in the Majestic portal area and then linked out and tried the other portal. Got in.

If you follow the long path, you get stuck in a video and need to Alt-Tab out, so stay away from there until you are ready to explore that bug.

Have fun,

Golden Wedge
"Best, guarantees different"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Were you in your own domain or in a multiplayer domain? I am dying to see that forest :) any tips how you got there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, I'm curious on how you got into that realm too. I tried casting on different combinations of crystals (green only, blue only, etc.) but that other portal isn't lighting up for me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Same here Fallstar! LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah, eh.. Hi,

Ok here's the deal. I went into the Majestic Portal on Blorfloog and there were about 8 of us there. I did the 10 activate things with my wand, then tried to find picture and do as directed on the other quests that popped up. It seams that these quests may be a group thing because I got "points" when others whapped (used the wand on) the same things I was whapping. I went out through Portal Well exit thing and had an unexpected visit to my desktop.

I reenter the game and went back to the Majestic area, and whapped a few more things. BTW, I did not need to activate any crystal to get back into the portal. I came back out of Majestic and walked over and tried the Forest portal and it opened, again, did not have to reactivate any crystals. There was someone standing on the link-in stone, chat was not working so I tried to show them that the portal was open, but they didn't or couldn't see it. Anyway, I walked on through and BAM, there I was. I wandered around and whapped a few things, found some bugs (that I have since reported), discovered that the Portal Well gate does not yet work, or I haven't activated it. The I ran down the long path to the right, you will know it when you are on it, and ran into the video pop up screen. I had to Alt-Tab out and use task manager to exit the game. I went back three times, from a fresh game restart and never had to activate any crystals to open either portal.

While I was in Majestic, I whapped some pictures and a white "place holder" sheet/page would fly out and around and then kinda back into the picture. I am not sure if this "helped" me get into the Forest.

Sorry to ramble. Hope this helps,

Golden Wedge
"Best, guarantees different"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:08 pm 

Ive been unable to legitly enter the forest. Perhaps those who completed the majestic realm quests cant. On the side anyone notice the twisted forest symbol? Ah memories of another age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:58 pm 

Interesting, maybe we need to complete all the Majestic side quests first before getting there. Maybe I will venture in and see if this is the case. Keep you all posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:06 pm 

Race wrote:
Interesting, maybe we need to complete all the Majestic side quests first before getting there.

Did not work for me:
sinkillerj wrote:
Perhaps those who completed the majestic realm quests cant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:41 pm 

That would stink, royally. But not make much sense either, and yes I can confirm completing the quests does nothing, however last night before I completed anything I still couldnt open the Forest portal, maybe we should just ask the game masters at Cyan, they know how its designed to work or not. For all we know Golden was pulling our leg. not accusing you of anything dear explorer, but for now you are the only one who has seen the invisible friend so to speak. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm 

I've tried to enter Forest as GW did, with someone else on the portal pod, but it didn't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:54 pm 

I asked Cyan in a ticket, lets see if they get back to me, I will share what I hear if I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like GW did get to the Twisted Forest. However, not much has been wired there yet.

Completing the Majestic Realm should give you access to the Twisted Forest Portal. However, I wasn't sure that it was possible to complete the Majestic Realm yet. But maybe with the magic of the multiplayer bugs (the Quest are *not* multiplayer and you should not get rewarded for others wanding of items, that is a bug in this build) somehow GW was able to get through.

Anyhow, when more major bugs have been squished and more of the gameplay wired, then we'll reset everyones avatars and then y'all can complete the quests for real. For now don't worry about messed up quests.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks Chogon, for the info, now I don't have to make myself nuts trying to to get there :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm 

So it is possible to get there but there is no set way to? I am confused, is it a bug preventing us from doing so at this point? Thanks for explaining some things Chogon, its nice to hear from Cyan when we are all scratching our heads, thanks again! Maybe we can figure out a surefire way into the forest while we wait for another update or patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I think I need a walkthrough. :oops: I didn't take copious notes the first time around as I presumed we'd be able to start over and I would be able get a better idea of the process the next time around. I understand about collecting the items in order to complete a quest, but not sure how I activated those quests in the first place. Was it click on a choice in the book and then the quest stone?

Also, from Mystdee's description of her visit to MQ in RL, she indicated that the Book of Wisdom was very important, but the right hand page in the book is illegible. Is this a bug for me or something not yet completed?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next