It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:28 pm 

I think we start the mini quests from clicking the stonehenge looking thing across from our linkin spot in the castle. The text in the book is illegible for me as well, probably a bug. Shame on me, one i didnt think to note as I was worrying about outher bugs in gameplay and of course figuring out this forest thing. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:29 pm 

Unless I'm wrong, from the beginning we were told that there would be no quests to compete yet. So whatever is happening beyond a few collection chores, it must be a bug. Somehow GW must have triggered a complete Quest, so I suggest that he re-search his memory and give us the DETAILS!

As for me, I intend to become a wand maniac. The Forest beckons...I know it does...I hear its bark......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:19 pm 

You start a quest by selecting it on the Quest Stone. When you do a video plays then you press accept. The bar up top will tell you what to do. Please read the MagiQuest Breakdown topic in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
sinkillerj wrote:
You start a quest by selecting it on the Quest Stone. When you do a video plays then you press accept. The bar up top will tell you what to do. Please read the MagiQuest Breakdown topic in general.

Actually, I did, but it seemed to focus mostly on the physical venues and all I could find that might be applicable to the online game (at this stage) was this:

sinkillerj wrote:
Beginning a Quest or Adventure:
By casting your wand at a Quest Stone (or at GWL Quest Tree). From there you simply touch what you want to begin.

and that's still pretty vague. :?

So, in summary, by "selecting a quest on the Quest Stone" I presume you mean to click on the stone to bring up the page which offers the options of a Rune Quest and various shards? After choosing one of those options, accepting and closing, a video will play and instructions will appear at the top of the screen. Follow those instructions and upon completing the quest, return to the stone for another quest.... Where does the Book of Wisdom fit in there? I can see that the lines are clickable, but are they doing anything other than opening a page of (unreadable) information about each quest?

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much information from a beta and should wait... but, that makes it difficult to distinguish between what's a bug and what's just incomplete atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:

Also, from Mystdee's description of her visit to MQ in RL, she indicated that the Book of Wisdom was very important, but the right hand page in the book is illegible. Is this a bug for me or something not yet completed?

Definitely not legible

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:43 pm 

The book of wisdom in RL is simply a hint book for some of the quests, you can play without it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

sinkillerj wrote:
The book of wisdom in RL is simply a hint book for some of the quests, you can play without it.

Yes, but helps a TON when you are going up and down the stairs. . . .;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Mystdee wrote:
sinkillerj wrote:

Yes, but helps a TON when you are going up and down the stairs. . . .;)

... and because it's in the online game, it's clickable and without clarification of its purpose could lead some (me) to believe that those clickables were part of the gameplay. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi,

Not sure I remember about the posting of pics, but I think I am safe here.

Quote:
For all we know Golden was pulling our leg. not accusing you of anything dear explorer, but for now you are the only one who has seen the invisible friend so to speak.

Anyway, I posted a picture in my directory on the Cyan FTP site. Go have a look:)

I don't know exactly what happened, maybe it was all those donuts:)

Hope to see you all in there tonight,

Golden Wedge
"Best, guarantees different"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:17 pm 

As I posted in my bug post here is what Cyan had to say:

Actually we should not be going into the Twisted Forest yet. Although some have figured out a way to enter it, we will not be accepting bugs until it is ready for testing

Thanks for asking though!!!!!

So it isnt us, the area isnt ready yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

AHA! I bet they are SuperJumping into the Twisted Forest!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:46 am 
Site Admin

HA! I was wrong. It is very possible to get to the Twisted Forest Realm with the build that is on the beta servers now.

After completing the four quests (which there is little instructions on how to do it), there is a fifth thing that you only used four of that has to be wanded after complete the four. There is no indication in this build that anything happen but now the portal will be unlocked.

Enjoy,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 am 

Didint work for me then, I casted at every single effect and every single painting and nothing.

Post subject: Trying to catch up
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 am 
Obduction Backer

So by majestic do we mean the castle? And how do I get where there are others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Chogon,

I do remember the wizard guy saying something about finding 4 of something but we had to find a fifth. But I tried hitting extra of those and I'm getting nothing. Not sure if that's what you meant.

Yes, Shoramin, the magestic realm is inside the castle. Try a domain where others are playing. There is a thread that tells you where people are going to be at certain times. I usually go to Blorfloog and generally run into at least one person there.

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next