It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 am 
Obduction Backer

sinkillerj wrote:
Didint work for me then, I casted at every single effect and every single painting and nothing.

Same here. . . . I never really got the sense that the quest were actually complete, for me they just stopped showing up and I was not ever able to bring any back up. so possibly that is why No matter what I click . . . oh, execuse me. . . . wand I am still locked out of the forest portal. just tried again. . . no luck :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

There appears to be five quests, one associated with each of the paintings. We can complete four of them, but one (something to do with Shards) is activated but not complete. It is finished off when you touch the Forest painting, but I can't figure out (either from Chogon's cryptic clue or just by touching the "fifth" of everything) how one completes the Shard quest. BTW, this info comes out of the python.log file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, Mac.. same for all of us probably... the Quests start and go on for about two rounds of goals then stop posting the next goal. Then they are inactive in the Quest list.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm 

I was under the impression they were "Inactive" because they were complete.

And I have just taken a wander around the Twisted Forest. Very spooky looking, with LOTS of clickables (wandables?), and LOTS of bugs. :)

And you can only get to the forest from the Portal Well, not from Majestic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well you are one of the lucky ones then, I can't make that portal open, I have tried everything (I think) Anything out of the ordinary you can think of you may have done? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:08 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I was wondering if Chogon was cruelly counting fifth items which appear on the checkerboard (gold, flame torch). Would he do that to you? Heh. But I guess the pictures make more sense. I tried everything, including all the chests and the last picture, and it didn't work for me.

That said, I can cheat. The next build has a few more nice clickables in Twisted Woods. ;) (Also, Quest Stone no longer has "programmer art" and the Book of Wisdom is legible).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:27 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
Well you are one of the lucky ones then, I can't make that portal open, I have tried everything (I think) Anything out of the ordinary you can think of you may have done? :lol:

Erm... I clicked every single thing in the Magestic realm, after completing all four quests and (IIRC) choosing the "Portal shard" quest. That's about it, though. Then I linked and clicked the Forest portal (Which isn't named, even when it's lit) and walked through (Being moved around the no-walk zone on the stand and still making it in on the left-hand side. :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
I was wondering if Chogon was cruelly counting fifth items which appear on the checkerboard (gold, flame torch). Would he do that to you? Heh. But I guess the pictures make more sense. I tried everything, including all the chests and the last picture, and it didn't work for me.

That said, I can cheat. The next build has a few more nice clickables in Twisted Woods. ;) (Also, Quest Stone no longer has "programmer art" and the Book of Wisdom is legible).

Sounds awesome! I am looking forward to testing all of that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 pm 

Ever since GW first stumbled into the forest, I've been clicking on everything, re-doing the quests, barking like a chicken...and nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Romer Openfield wrote:
barking like a chicken...

:lol:
As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that working out for you?" :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Well, it worked for me. But then I had not completed the quests and did it all at once. Maybe y'alls avatars are b0rk3d or something. On the next update, I will remove everyone's avatar so that y'all can start fresh.

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
Well, it worked for me. But then I had not completed the quests and did it all at once. Maybe y'alls avatars are b0rk3d or something. On the next update, I will remove everyone's avatar so that y'all can start fresh.

Thanks,
Chogon

Gee. . . :? Thanks, Chogon . . . . that helps :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 pm 

Thanks, Chogon. That's kind of like the Flashy Thing in MIB. Still, whatever gets us into the Forest....:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:

Thanks,
Chogon

Well now isn't that interesting. You know, those of us that found the "real" magic and made it into the forest are at quite a disadvantage. I have not completed any quest, nor can I. So when we all start "fresh", everyone else will be able to quickly redo the quests and I will be "stuck" trying to figure it all out :cry:

But hey, I can do it. I mean it is for a good cause and well, the pay is pretty good.

So bring on the freshness, it will be just like ye olde vault wipe :lol: (my favorite) In fact it would be OK with me to get wiped out prior to the next update. Wait a minute, I don't need Chogon to get wiped out...

Golden Wedge wanders off looking for his Jack Daniels...

Happy hunting to us all!!!!

Golden Wedge
"Best, guarantees different"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:42 am 

The Quests aren't exactly what I would call "puzzles" or "hard." Getting to the Forest is what I would term "!&^%# frustrating." I think we'll all be fine :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next