It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks like two different conversations going on here. The one I responded too was about going through portals we have access to already. In this instance you cast on the portal and the rune pops up. You then activate the rune and cast on the portal again. As far as I know, there were no diagrams or maps about this which leads me to believe the second discussion is about activating a portal for the first time. Now I'll admit I'm easily confused so cut it out. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ja'de, you're right. Much of the discussion at the end is about activating the Twisted Woods portal for the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wouldn't have so much of an issue with the new way to open the Twisted Woods Portal, as long as there was a way to either relisten to Shadow's speech and Woodsy's speech. The transcription in the book would take care of it. I think younger children would be frustrated with how quickly the information in those two speeches was given, without an alternative way to revisit it.

I'm happy with the improvements in the game this release, including the videos setting up the various quests.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
You didn't miss it Mowog, it only appears when you click the Trixter painting after the stone quest. A point to remember for us all here I think. Activating something may well actvate another item somewhere else.

Thanks, Tokai. Was there any mention of the clue's appearance in Trixter's monologue? That would have helped - for example, if he'd said something like "An important clue has now been added here in the Courtyard."

As for our actions making things happen elsewhere in the Realm, that's great, and very Myst-like! It just hadn't happened yet in MQO, so I didn't suspect anything.

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mowog, I don't think there is any reference to the new clue triggered I now learn by completing the Stones quest but Willow does make a reference to it in her instructions on opening the Forest Portal. I originally misunderstood Willow thinking she was saying there was a poem somewhere on one of the courtyard walls that gave all the details to opening the Forest Portal. Nope just the diagram showing how to cast on the stones or globes in the Portal. I tend to interpret everything to literal and it is a constant hindrance!

Lightkeeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:33 am 

If I'm not mistaken Willow says: "a PUZZLE in the Courtyard..." so I thought back at everything I saw while doing the quests and could not think of a single puzzle to solve. The diagram is not a puzzle. :roll: :roll: Or did she say a DIAGRAM?... hmm... :? :? Should I reset my avatar for the 11th time? :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

@ jek -

Yeah, I thought she said "poem" too, and when a couple of us went back to look, that's what I was trying to find. Then we found the diagram that couldn't have been any plainer - if we'd only known it was there.

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

All this goes to prove that there is a transcript missing from the journal. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:05 pm 

Didn't want to start a new thread.

:? Pretty she may be – but our Willow is sometimes difficult to understand. Can anyone please put me out of my misery by quoting the penultimate rune in her last video? She quotes a ******* rune – then a Hammer rune. It’s the ******* rune that I just simply cannot discern from her flippant-like US accent. The video shows what I can only describe as a bunch of purple grapes after she quotes *******, and I have watched it (the video that is) over and over again, alas - I am still perplexed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Your journal tells you the bit you didn't hear. Quest for the Cloud Hammer rune. It becomes clearer when you start on the cloud part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:35 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Tokai wrote:
The video shows what I can only describe as a bunch of purple grapes after she quotes *******, and I have watched it (the video that is) over and over again, alas - I am still perplexed.

It's the Cloud rune, but in the video it sounds something like "Thoud" as she semi-shouts it.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Your journal tells you the bit you didn't hear. Quest for the Cloud Hammer rune. It becomes clearer when you start on the cloud part.

Thanks Rusty - I just knew I could count on you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3