It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:27 pm 

JanB wrote:
Quote:
'Four times you must strike it

The hint should be altered, as you have to use the 4 runes in the correct sequence in total and not the chisel rune 4 times at the end after you have done the other three already..

We must keep in mind here that although there is a way to win, this encounter is in a very infant form, it is likely to change in the near future when they receive the completed videos and can adjust it how it needs to be adjusted. The way it is now seams to be more of a demonstration to ck than anything, just something to show they can replicate the encounter system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

What I noticed was that the error handling is wrong. I was too slow initially on my stormclouds, and though it was my first mistake, because it was the third rune, three "chances" were removed instead of one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 pm 

Same for me, must be a reason to get transported there in the next build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

EthanEver wrote:
What's with the sudden "teleport" to another location in Twisted Wood after you get the dragon rune? Did that happen to everyone?

Yeah, in an earlier build, by a bit of trickery (that I won't go into here :wink: ), I was able to go through the battle sequence (and lose, since there were no runes and no way to cast the spells) and you ended up at that same place. The Pixie in the Golem battle seems to be stand-in art, as are the Lokari and Dragon Wizard videos, so I'm guessing that the "success" and "failure" events aren't in place yet either, and we're just being dropped "somewhere safe" to stop weird crashes, or getting stuck looping the battle sequence.

However, I also suspect that the end of gully is the final extent of the Woods - we're told that the Golem lives in the rock face at the end (or words that implied that to me), so I don't think that defeating the Golem will immediately open up anywhere else within the woods, rather that the Dragon Rune is the first part of a key to another of the Portal Well doors.

Either way, it seems like we ought to exit the battle somewhere else (unless there's an explanation for the teleport), maybe properly at the end of the gully, with nowhere to go to but back the way we came.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:45 am 
Obduction Backer

I think the end location is just a placeholder. You get put there if you lose to the golem too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

I expect in on of the next builds other video's there with Golem explaining. On som video's on U-tube from the real life realms an Orgre like creature can be seen or someone that looks a lot like the golem creature in the Lord of the Rings, plus dragons , a castle etc..

The MagiQuest site announces the on-line version - Chapter 1 to be available at the end of 2009 :

Quote:
MQ Online is still under development. We are working hard to create a great new journey for our loyal Magi. We will launch by early Fall 2009. For the latest news and up-to-date information, sign up here for our email alerts. You can also follow MagiQuest on Twitter or become a fan of MagiQuest on Facebook

Quote:
Welcome to MQ Online. Continue your journey or begin it now. MQ Online presents: “The Portal Adventure Series; Chapter One. The Clan Courtyard and Twisted Woods Realms.” Download Chapter One now at $9.99 for unlimited play and to earn special powers that you can use both online and in the real world at any MQ location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:30 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
What I noticed was that the error handling is wrong. I was too slow initially on my stormclouds, and though it was my first mistake, because it was the third rune, three "chances" were removed instead of one.

Yep, and the Golem's Manna doesn't decrement the way I expected either: Even when you win a round, it loses no colours, but once you win the fourth round it loses all colours in one go. *

I suspect this all incomplete gameplay and we're pushing the boundary of what Cyan has given us to test. For example, the clue for the Golem battle mentions the chisel and says something like "four times you must strike it", which I took to mean you needed to use the chisel four times at the end, but I only had to use it once to win. But maybe the clue meant I had to win four rounds :? . Anyway, I reset my avvie and now the when the owl gives me the chisel rune, he whips it straight back again :cry: .

EDIT: * I got it wrong here (darned memory). I've just been back and checked and the right hand Manna (for the Golem) is grey through out the whole battle. Even more evidence that the battle phase in incomplete, I guess.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Last edited by Mac_Fife on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Temporary hint #1 tells you that you have to use 4 different runes in the correct order (and what that order is).
Yes, resetting and starting again only takes you as far as the chisel rune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

actually even tho the owl takes back the chisel rune you can continue and defeat the Golem, the chisel does show up there. . . You can't however use the chisel to get the clues/hints from the wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Anyway, I reset my avvie and now the when the owl gives me the chisel rune, he whips it straight back again

I do not have enough time now to test this out, but does the same happen if you press the "reset the quests" button on the quest stone in the Majestic Realm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:29 pm 

veralun wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, I reset my avvie and now the when the owl gives me the chisel rune, he whips it straight back again

I do not have enough time now to test this out, but does the same happen if you press the "reset the quests" button on the quest stone in the Majestic Realm?

I'm not sure in this build, but in the last one it didn't affect my progress in Twisted Woods, it just meant I had to re-do all the Clan Courtyard quests, before I could re-open the portal to the Woods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 pm 

Mystdee wrote:
actually even tho the owl takes back the chisel rune you can continue and defeat the Golem, the chisel does show up there. . . You can't however use the chisel to get the clues/hints from the wall

Are you saying the pixie in the video that you have to use different runes against is the Golem? I was expecting something else in the next build.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

nvr2old wrote:
Mystdee wrote:

Are you saying the pixie in the video that you have to use different runes against is the Golem? I was expecting something else in the next build.

The Pixie video is a placeholder and will eventually be replaced

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:40 pm 

Ohhhh thank you very much, thought I had missed something. Question, if they hold another stress test in twisted woods, It will look strange with all the avatars up in trees, is there enough trees for everyone? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:33 am 
Obduction Backer

How about with the new Kalo battle? I seem to be stuck in the cloud hammer sequence. I think I get the boulder but he just throws another. What am I missing?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next