It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that this ? hint on the wall is still a deal breaker. Even though it was on screen for longer, I couldn't read much more than the last few lines in 1st or 3rd person. If it transcribed the hints into the book, as I think they intend to ("Hint 1" anybody?) Then most should finish the game, but it is not satisfying to have such an important part of solving the game illegible enough to require you to head to a forum to find the solution.

I think that the writing should be at eye level to either side of the ? or replace the ? and be right in view for the player.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:09 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've ticketed a request to show the hint one verse at a time, with repeated chisel strike showing the next verse. Allows it to be bigger and more easily absorbed. I think.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:51 am 
Obduction Backer

I have been told after submitting a ticket on this issue that the book of knowledge is still in need of work and not working correctly. Once fixed the instructions behind the big question mark will be there along with Willow's first speech and Shadow Morphs instructions which are very important to the game play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Add to that, most likely, video replays along with the transcriptions. w00t! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Add to that, most likely, video replays along with the transcriptions. w00t!

Funny, I'm sort of mixed on that idea. IMHO, video replays would conflict with Lokari's mention that he's an actual magi who has been able to place himself in the virtual world to help us along. It's sort of fun to suspend disbelief and run with that idea, depending on the BoW to act as your notebook and record his statements.

But if you can replay his monologues, or Willow's too, for that matter, the obvious is stated: "This is just a game, and these are just video recordings."

Yeah, I know... it just makes more sense to replay the monologues. Just wanted to throw in my tuppence.

MQOwog

Last edited by Mowog on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is good to know that this is being fixed. Saw it last night for the first time, and it was impossible to read, especially given the camera angle, and that you can't ever look at it head-on. Maybe if it appeared *beside* the ? instead of above it.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm 

I agree that it needs work But if you play with your zoom and move around you can get it so its easy to read (or somewhat easy )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:59 pm 

The Dark Rune hint on the wall is just totally pointless now (build 1.1225) since you can read it in the BOW as soon as you've talked to Willow and she's told you to go fight him.
Then, if you go ask Lokari for a hint, and he tells you to find the Dark Rune symbol, it's just pointless to make me go all the way there when he, too, has added the whole clue after the video.

Just how dense do they think I am? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2