It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:22 pm 

I'm curious how you guys map your keys - that's all. I have experienced problems with the default keys in MQO - especially in earlier builds - and reluctantly had to remap 'jump' - but apart from that everything appears hunky-dory with the default. I always beta test new builds with the default keys, and the latest build appears okay (No need to remap keys).
It's only when we get into 'balcony jumps' that I look for the best ergonomics in key-mapping, but until now there hasn't been a need.

Do we have testers here that re-map every build? And pray tell me why? Like I said - just curious.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:00 am 

Tokai wrote:
I'm curious how you guys map your keys - that's all. I have experienced problems with the default keys in MQO - especially in earlier builds - and reluctantly had to remap 'jump' - but apart from that everything appears hunky-dory with the default. I always beta test new builds with the default keys, and the latest build appears okay (No need to remap keys).
It's only when we get into 'balcony jumps' that I look for the best ergonomics in key-mapping, but until now there hasn't been a need.

Do we have testers here that re-map every build? And pray tell me why? Like I said - just curious.

Personally, I have:

Step Forward: W
Step Backwards: S
Sidestep Left: A
Sidestep Right: D
Turn Left: Q
Turn Right: E
Jump: Space
Run (Walk, technically, as I have CapsLock on to always run): Shift
Start Chat: Enter

There aren't any other keys (That I recall) that I use.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]