It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Green spirt after Golem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 pm 

Here is a thought for you! Who is the girl you free after fighting the golem ? where did she come from and what is her role in this game .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Listening between the lines I gathered that she was Willows predecessor as caretaker of the Twisted Woods, and possibly as Woodsy clan leader as well. Although it isn't exactly clear which job comes with which... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 pm 

Since a morph is a spirit belonging to a magi, the morph you free is/was owned by the old caretaker. However this brings up a interesting question, can a morph live on after its owner has died? Or is the old caretaker still out there? I sense new episode plot line. Willow has a morph too but its only seen if you cast at her painting when you are not doing the forest portal quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 am 
Obduction Backer

sinkillerj wrote:
Willow has a morph too but its only seen if you cast at her painting when you are not doing the forest portal quest.

Well, in Willow's case, the elocution of the morph far surpasses that of its magi. Why didn't they get that voice actor to play the visual part? Oh well, water under the bridge and all that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I seem to remember the identity of the green morph being mentioned in one of the video segments, but I can't remember at the moment who they said it was.

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I was just wondering how did I break the lock to open the gate. Did I use the Chisel or just the wave of my Wand. I really don't remember doing anything but going deep into the cave. I see the lock break off and the Morph come out but how?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Mowog wrote:
I seem to remember the identity of the green morph being mentioned in one of the video segments, but I can't remember at the moment who they said it was.

Alaina awards the Medal of Ardas after defeating Golem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Who is Alaina? I know you just told us, but she doesn't identify herself and we have no idea where she comes from except the woods. Will there be part of the story provided for us to free her? As for how we did it, it would be nice if we could use a rune to open her cage. Or solve a puzzle. Just thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
As for how we did it, it would be nice if we could use a rune to open her cage. Or solve a puzzle. Just thoughts.

I agree, but perhaps the golem defeat - cave video already existed, and Cyan just created the build-up to it. Hard to say; it may have been an economic thing, too - one less interactive environment to build, here at the beginning when there's so much to do anyway.

MQOwog

Last edited by Mowog on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

The story of Alaina is told by Willow in the video directing you to the Golem and it is more elaborate seen in the storybook of the Twiisted Forrest that can be seen while Willow tells her version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Right, HannaGertie - I think Willow's explanation of Alaina, etc., is in the "missing" video that we're prompted to see by the River Lady. We didn't have the Alaina intro until recently.

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
HannaGertie wrote:
The story of Alaina is told by Willow in the video directing you to the Golem and it is more elaborate seen in the storybook of the Twiisted Forrest that can be seen while Willow tells her version.

I was very put off by this video. In all the videos leading up to this one, the narrator is reading the words on the page, but in this one, Willow is sort of summarizing the story being shown. I was trying to read the words on the page which distracted me from hearing what was being said.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]