It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Two minor issues
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried researching this, but I'm not asking the right questions apparently - I how this was covered before . . . but how the heck do you start typing for in-game text chat? I can't remember!

Also, I had to leave the room right after I clicked on the Quest Stone to have Lokari create the Cloud Hammer rune - I missed his dialog - there is no instruction in the top bar and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next. I tried casting the wand at all the other Quest stones and all I get is the cutscene of the old wizard. I've ticketed this lack of instruction, but I'd like to play on without having to reset the game.

*sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:26 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

One of the recent updates changed the default settings for chat: You need to hit the 'Enter' key first. If you don't like that (and a lot of us don't) then you need to bring up the in-game tools menu (spanner/question mark), select 'Navigation', 'Advanced', then 'Key Map'. Highlight the word 'Enter' against Start Chat and hit NumLock to unmap it (so you can chat by simply typing text). If you do that, you should also unmap the W, A, S, and D keys used for secondary movement controls, else those letters will be dropped if you use them at the start of a line of chat.

As for the quests, because you have a blank instruction panel, then you haven't been assigned a new quest yet. I suggest you go back and re-visit the quest stones; sometimes you seem to get the wizard video the first time you cast on the stone, and trying again gets you what you want. I can't be sure of the sequence of events from memory, but I think it's maybe the stone half-way down you want.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

This reminds me that back in UU, we couldn't start a chat sentence with "Z". Was this a key-mapping issue? Does this problem show up here, too? Just wondering, but I could test it later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yep, just tested it. You can't start a line with "Z". But you can start with another letter, backspace, then type "Z". There is no "Z" assignment in the key-map. Just one of those flukes leftover from Uru, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I remember that Rik. Everything time I started a sentence with Zedra's name, it would drop the Z and you'd see edra... LOL!

Win 7 64bit-Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz-4GB mem-EVGA GeForce GTX 260oc-Creative SB X-Fi Extreme Gamer - 15MB fiber optic conn

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]