It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:40 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "New" last video
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:00 am 

After the Golem fight, there is a new last video with Willow and Lokari now.

[spoiler]What if we can't go to a real world MQ? This game isn't just to steer people into the MQ locations is it?[/spoiler]
By the way, the sound and video sync seems flawless now for me. At least on the last video which was pretty long.

Last edited by Big_Bob on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:09 am 

I'll wait and see what other responses your topic gets, I have my thoughts but will hold them for now. Video is real good.

Post subject: Re: "New" last video
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 am 
Obduction Backer

Big_Bob wrote:
After the Golem fight, there is a new last video with Willow and Lokari now.

[spoiler]What if we can't go to a real world MQ? This game isn't just to steer people into the MQ locations is it?[/spoiler]
By the way, the sound and video sync seems flawless now for me. At least on the last video which was pretty log.

[spoiler] I think it IS an incentive to get people to go - to or go back to - the Physical MQ locations ( I know I will ;) ) But I don't believe the online game is ONLY for that purpose. . . The chapter really is good and seems "finished" to that point, IMO. . . and with more chapters to come with MQO I would guess it's just a way to bring the two versions together, you would get "credit" for the quests you do online when you go to RL MQ. . . . . [/spoiler]

Last edited by Mystdee on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't seen the final video yet, but based on the comments above, I wanted to throw in my tuppence. I guess I'm a little disappointed that the chapter ends with a prompt to continue the adventure at a live MQ site.

Don't get me wrong, I see MQO as a perfect counterpart to the live sites, and by all means, the live version should certainly be connected to the virtual version. But IMHO, I think it would be better if the virtual chapters were self-contained. MQO can reach millions, and most of those potential players, such as myself, live hundreds of miles from the nearest MQ facility.

Again, this is just me talking.

Cheers,

MQOwog

Last edited by Mowog on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 pm 

In MQO kids are likely to run into others that have visited the MQ locations and I imagine that they would talk about it. To me it only seems logical for the game to have many references to the off line quests. Both games share the same characters and whether self conteined or not the on line chapter has to end one way or another. This way there is a suspence to the story which only makes it feel all the more "real" and exciting.
Living in Europe I'd be one of those who could never visit a MQ location, but I still think the ending is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

It makes perfect sense to me that the Virtual world of MQ promotes the Physical world of MQ. I have been there, and trust me that is where they will be making the bulk of their income . . . . as I said, I don't feel the the virtual MQ is meant to be JUST a promotion for the Physical, IMO it is designed to allow those of you who do not live near a Physical MQ to be able to join in the fun. MQO is very similar in many ways to the onsite MQ and It's the perfect way to be able to include everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:47 pm 

I understand the money made at the live sites and hooks to get you to go there are important. I just wonder if having a quest that can't be accomplished online will be a great irritant to those who can't visit a live site.

What made you go get that soccer ball and dribble it back to Bonehenge? Was it that important? As a somewhat compulsive personality myself, an unfinishable quest mentioned in the game is going to be a big problem for me. Maybe that is what they want......to force all of us to get on planes and fly to wherever this MQ sites are.

I guess I'd get over it eventually. It is their money and business plan after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:30 am 
Obduction Backer

Time will answer this question, but I really hope that MQO takes off in such a way that we're too busy with new virtual quests to worry about the real-world ones!

Cheers,

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

It felt off to me, too, especially since there were no end credits, and you were left just wandering around (I'm betting that's just a beta thing, though) It really sounded marketing-esque, rather than story-esque. "Didn't you like this game? Wasn't it cool? Now bug your parents until they take you to a real MQ site!"

I know there's no guarantee that there'll be more MQO after chapter 1, but it would be nice if there was even a hint that there might be. Lokari saying "oh, and don't worry, you'll be needed in the virtual world again."

Caught the hint about Lokari txting you. Nifty :) I would absolutely make sure there's some sort of adult authorization to this, though. Txts are one of the #1 ways kids jack up the cel phone bill without noticing.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:52 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Hint: There might be. ;)

Broken record: Please express your feelings about the video via tickets. It matters.

Eleri: Great suggestion about asking the Magi to stick around because they might be needed again. Ticket!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm 

I sumbitted a ticket on this, JW!

The end video bothered me a bit partly because it was pushing get to a RL MQ site and felt kind of commercially to me. I think they can promote the quests both online and RL but in such a way that you know if you can't get to a RL MQ site you can help this way online and still help defeat the dragon or whatever. In fact, I would love to see a real time coordination of online and RL site so that both were involved in helping solve quests or further, folk getting extra points for going from online to a RL site and vice versa.

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:42 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Dudemom_2000 wrote:
In fact, I would love to see a real time coordination of online and RL site so that both were involved in helping solve quests or further, folk getting extra points for going from online to a RL site and vice versa.

As RAWA would say, I am going to have to request MagiQuest offices be swept for listening devices.

Real time coordination of people online and people onsite is a pretty exciting concept, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:00 am 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Dudemom_2000 wrote:
In fact, I would love to see a real time coordination of online and RL site so that both were involved in helping solve quests or further, folk getting extra points for going from online to a RL site and vice versa.

As RAWA would say, I am going to have to request MagiQuest offices be swept for listening devices.

Real time coordination of people online and people onsite is a pretty exciting concept, eh?

That sounds like the concept for the Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters at Disneyland, though honestly the integration is pretty passive. Making it more of an active cooperation (if possible) would be amazingly awesome.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:40 am 

I hope not some of can't afford to drive to a location. I know there one in Mason, OH but still that is a distance from me. Although I was hopping they was not connected. But the video at the end pretty much states that it at a Magic Quest location. I feel sorry for the people that can't go to a live area. This might hurt the online game in some cases. I hope I'm wrong though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

What about the rest of the world? MQ is only in US and Japan. Online will be global.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next