It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bridges
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Last night I reset my avie for this latest build (1195) and played through until the quest to get the eight fog clouds. When I went back today I found the lights were out in the windmill and the bridges were up again and I had to re-do the puzzle to get back to the dark wood. :shock:

Anyone else found this? Is it intentional?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, that happed to me too and in fact if you just leave the realm and not the game it also resets. I ticketed it it may be "by design" but IMO it should NOT reset. At the very least the Rocks that you chiseled away should not return. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:37 am 
Obduction Backer

I am curious, I defeated the rocks in the outpost and got the bridges lowered last night and visited the dark forest. I got the instructions to find the clouds, shows in my info bar at the top of the screen. I came back in today and the bridges are up again and the rock is back in the Outpost. Is this how it should work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

I found the same thing Sheila, seems wrong to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 am 
Creative Kingdoms

jek wrote:
Is this how it should work?

Probably not. Realm instances are not saved to the "vault" (database) so there are no realm states as there were age states in Myst Online which saved things like cone positions or door switches. Realm states are tracked via avatar instead. This is why one person can see the bridges up and another sees the bridges down. This isn't popular because it breaks immersion to an extent, but it's how it works right now. So it's likely a case of the realm scripts not saving the state to the database for your avatar and that should be corrected.

I expect Myst fans are generally much more laser-focused on IC and immersion because that's what they've come to expect from Cyan and their games. Especially with Uru Live/Myst Online. Time will tell if MagiQuest players are as discriminating. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:12 am 

I doubt its intentional, and yes happened to me too, I was going to start a new avie and see if it was a problem there but I can see that has no effect, its avatar wide, new and old. Send in those bug reports, they will get it fixed. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:30 am 
Obduction Backer

I merged some posts relating to this subject in here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:40 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I suspect that JWPlatt's take on this is correct: D'Lanor and I came to pretty much the same conclusion: Work so far has concentrated on getting the mechanics of the basement puzzle and the bridges finished so we had something to test; the saving of the "game state" for these bits into your avatar's database is simply not yet implemented. Other evidence, I think, that the bridges are still "work-in-progress" is that the new bridges still have a wooden sound, even though they now look like stone.

I took a view of not ticketing this, because I fully expect that changing that behaviour was already part of the plan, and it'll naturally get corrected within the next build or two. If not, then I'll complain. But, maybe I shouldn't be second-guessing "the plan" :? (I did ticket the wood sound though)

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wasn't able to spend much time in the Woods yesterday evening, due to a prior commitment. I hope to get back in tonight, but I was just thinking about the new bridges - which I think look very good, by the way, and the puzzle to lower them is great!

Anyway, the question; if somebody crosses a bridge before you've lowered them for your own avvie, what do you see? This was discussed earlier, but RE: the original bridges. I was curious to see how this was handled in the latest build.

Cheers,

MQOwog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:10 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Mowog wrote:
Anyway, the question; if somebody crosses a bridge before you've lowered them for your own avvie, what do you see? This was discussed earlier, but RE: the original bridges. I was curious to see how this was handled in the latest build.

A few us were in Blorfloog yesterday, with "completed" bridges, when EthanEver arrived. He was seeing raised bridges, and when we crossed he saw us as just floating in the air (and walking through the raised bridge decks).

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
A few us were in Blorfloog yesterday, with "completed" bridges, when EthanEver arrived. He was seeing raised bridges, and when we crossed he saw us as just floating in the air (and walking through the raised bridge decks).

Ah, okay. Logical enough! :-)

And I guess that can be explained magically...

Cheers,

MQOwog

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]