It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Just trying to kill some time while my wife hides some things in my stocking...

After I reset my avatar, I completed what was needed in the Portal Well and went on to the Clan Courtyard. I ignored the Quest Stone and immediately started wanding all the treasure chests. When finished, I wanded the Quest Stone, which played the first Lokari movie. Afterwards, it just told me to wand the Quest Stone again - which played the second Lokari video. I selected the Majestic Quest (after all - I have all the gold) and it told me to head straight to the Majestic Morph painting. After wanding the painting, the morph gave me her rune.

So, this allowed me to quickly finish the first two quests in the Clan Courtyard. Should this be allowed? Or should some measures be taken to prevent someone from completing the quests before they've begun (as in the Shadow, Trixter and Warrior quests)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oh, I don't think that's a problem. I doubt many would think to do that unless they'd already played it at least once. Besides, you still need to get the other three runes in order to open the Twisted Woods portal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:48 am 
Creative Kingdoms

The only real shortcut is that you get to use ten of the chests for both gold and training simultaneously. That's what I do. ;) After that, you've done real honest gameplay whether it was before or after you selected the Quest. I'm sure the game designers don't mind and it would have been changed if they did. At the physical locations (onsite), there are some Quests that require you to pay some amount of gold to go on them. You are actually charged the gold upon winning the Quest (I develop the onsite code that does it) and you need the required amount to win. So you can obtain the gold at any time - before or during the Quest. Gold is available for play at all times (to a limit per effect) - even when you are not on a Quest (i.e. when you are a new player or after you win a Quest) and counts when you need it. That's part of what keeps the place hopping. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

That makes sense. I guess the devs could have disabled wanding of the chests until you began the first quest, but that would conflict with your description of the live location's use of gold chests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think that's a great timesaver. :)

I now do all of the gold (ie beyond the first 10 items).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:04 pm 

I dont think there's anything bad about this, as others have said it actually has positive bonus's to the player.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]