It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:39 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:57 pm 

Marten wrote:
I know that on my desktop system (a dual core Athlon X2), at certain points when Uru Live is loading an Age, the system will freeze and Uru Live consumes every little bit of CPU that it can. In Windowed mode, every other process I have open freezes at the same time. But if I am patient and wait, eventually everything unlocks and things continue.

I've noticed that too, that in windowed mode everything is slower and more memory intensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:03 pm 

Marten wrote:
I'm curious - how long have you waited with your computer locked up, to see if it will unlock?

I know that on my desktop system (a dual core Athlon X2), at certain points when Uru Live is loading an Age, the system will freeze and Uru Live consumes every little bit of CPU that it can. In Windowed mode, every other process I have open freezes at the same time. But if I am patient and wait, eventually everything unlocks and things continue.

On two occaisions I've let it sit in black screen mode for over an hour, once over 2 hours, and once all night. Nada!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:08 pm 

jaburg wrote:
Marten wrote:

I've noticed that too, that in windowed mode everything is slower and more memory intensive.

That may be, but I don't think that's the issue with me. For example, earlier today, I asked a fellow explorer in one of the Bevin's to allow me access to her Eder Kemo, thinking that perhaps I could get there and then link to Eder Gira from the linking book at the end of Kemo. So, we went to her Relto, and I linked to Kemo from there. It took about 6 minutes for Kemo to load in and I was in. I was even able to touch 4 of the JC's. However, when I tried to link to Gira from there...same thing. Total freezie!! And, when I finally re-booted and got back to my Relto, I did NOT have the Kemo book on my shelf, nor was the link available from my Nexus, which I thought it would be, since I was actually there, albeit someone else's. This is strange because the Gira link IS available from my Nexus, even though I've never actually been IN Gira.

So I don't think its a a time and memory thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

It must be a corruption on the vault. Somewhere, somehow. I hope that the vault wipe fixes it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:40 pm 

Yep, sounds like your userdata on the server is a little funky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:09 am 

jaburg wrote:
Yep, sounds like your userdata on the server is a little funky

Hmmm... I hadn't considered that possibility. However, I've had this problem throughout the entire Beta process, and there have been 2 or 3 wipes as I recall, the most recent being 12-7. None of that made a diff. However, I might suggest that to the tech crew via the support site anyway. That could be the problem since nothing else really makes sense!!

Thanks for that idea!!!
:D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5