It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:59 pm 

Mellina wrote:
Nearly all my age puzzles reset themselves. Even my Relto does it. The doors and windows are closed when I arrive no matter how many times I open them. On Tele, I have to keep starting up the power if I want to do anything there.

There must not be consistency, then, with gamesaves. I've never had this problem in my Relto. I did, however, have to power back up in Teledahn as you mentioned. I also didn't notice any re-set problems in Gareeshan, but may have in Kadish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

People are having problems with the database vault on the server. Your client updates aren't being saved and you're getting a download to a previous state.

This needs to be reported as urgent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Here's the text of a bug report I submitted last night. I classified it as "Urgent", trying to imagine how a first-time player would react. It seems I encountered most of the bugs discussed in this thread.
Quote:
I had significant issues with Gira/Kemo tonight.
In previous sessions I had completed all but the last journey cloth, and had left the game with the first fish trap in place at the crossing point, and the light in the first cave turned on. When I logged in tonight, I linked directly to Kemo and picked up the fireflies. I linked to Gira, and the fish trap was back in the cave, and the light was out.
I fixed those and linked back to Kemo, got the bugs, and linked to Gira. No bugs made it through the link.
Back to Kemo, got the bugs, linked back, this time it worked. I went to the upper cave, got the traps there and was positoning them when I got the "Spiderman dance" and panic linked. As soon as I got to Relto, I linked back to Kemo, using the main link-in point at the bridge. When I arrived, I had fireflies with me! I ran through Kemo (no use for the bugs at the other end yet) and linked to Gira. I positioned both fish traps, and went to Kemo, got the bugs and linked back. No bugs! Back to kemo again, got bugs, came back, finished the age. Whew!

OH, by the way, I now have fireflies in my Relto!
I also submitted the various camera anomalies that are in Kemo (and in Kadish) on seperate tickets.

Walt

walt: KI #00193642
walt scRIVENs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're reporting two bugs in one ticket, and we're not meant to.

The state reset is urgent.

Kemo fireflies is a known problem, if you read back through the release notes for previous builds. It's also not a showstopper since there is a regular pattern to the way the fireflies behave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:59 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
You're reporting two bugs in one ticket, and we're not meant to.

The state reset is urgent.

Kemo fireflies is a known problem, if you read back through the release notes for previous builds. It's also not a showstopper since there is a regular pattern to the way the fireflies behave.

If a known bug has already been reported, should it still be reported again by others experiencing the same problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:16 pm 

Gira seems to be the only age I have trouble with and now I know I am not the only one having a problem with it.

I set my vents, activate the first 2 cloths, move the first basket then link to the garden. I can complete the game then by just linking back and forth between Gira and the garden. I don’t know if it resets if you miss a jump and panic link out I will have to check that out.

Once you have all 7 cloths activated It doesn’t really matter if it resets, other then the inconvenience of having to reset the vents over again (and the Lights are all out). I am sure that this will be fixed before launch.

You can always link in via the garden if you don’t want to reset the vents each time. It actually only takes less then a minute to set them up again plus it is fun trying to beat your fastest time. Well if you ever get there that is.

I made another avie and so far everything has been smooth as silk getting my ages completed. I find that some of the trouble spots can be avoided if you use 1st person. (Yes I realize in a perfect world it should work the same in 1st and 3rd)

1: getting off the elevator into the upstairs office in Teledahn works in 1st in third I have to jump to get off the elevator,

2. The pillar elevator in Kadish when in 3rd had to jump several times before I could got off, made it first time in 1st person.

Was I just lucky? Going to make another avie and try it again.
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Our initial request from Cyan was not to report a known bug, since they are already working on fixing it.

Our current request from Cyan is only to report bugs that prevent you from finishing the game. Since you can get the fireflies from Kemo to Gira eventually, this is not a showstopper.

For which bugs are reportable, read the release notes for each build on the support site and the "New ticket writing procedure" thread in the From The Developer forum.

Bug reporting guidelines are within the release notes here:

http://support.urulive.com/faq.php?categoryid=4

Note the release notes for build 8.

Last edited by Rusty_Russell on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I disagree with that - respectfully.

Current release notes include the following:
Quote:
With all of these new changes to the servers and the game, we ask that you keep an eye out for any anomalies with accounts / logging in / connections / game blockers or any other serious issues. If you encounter a problem please log a bug on our ticket site at http://support.urulive.com.
None of this mentions not reporting known bugs. I see nothing in the current data to indicate that we need to confine ourselvs to unknown bugs at this time.
I consider the bugs not following to Gira to be a serious problem. It affects gameplay and detracts form the immersive experience. I consider ages being reset while you are in the game and after you have left the game to be serious problems.

You might not agree, as the game is playable. However, a new person to the game with no experience at all would dump the game from their system in frustration because of them.

If I am wrong in this, please indicate where on the support site the information is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi, GP. I've just linked to all of the release notes, and the pertinent info should be there.

My view on the Gira reset (and all resets) is not the same as for the fireflies.

Regarding the fireflies - the bug affects everybody the same way. With that in mind, Cyan would get 4900 tickets for the same bug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:30 pm 

Well, I'd say not being able to link into Eder Gira at all would be a real showstopper, wouldn't you? Yet, that continues to be the problem I encounter. Last night, I uninstalled then reinstalled the game. No change.

Today, I re-downloaded the beta installer program itself from Gametap. Then, uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. No matter what I do, I can not link to Eder Gira. It does the upload thing, I see the little rotating white ring, then I hear what sounds like water, then....nothing. Just black screen and nothing happening with my hard drive. Can't C-A-D back to desk-top. Alt-F4 does nothing. All I can do is a cold re-boot.

BTW, I've tried linking there using both my Relto book as well as from the Nexus. That was interesting, because the Nexus link appeared after I attempted the link the first time from the Relto book, even though I was never actually in Gira.

It doesn't make sense that I could play and complete all the other ages but this one. Whatever is causing the problem has to be unique to the way Eder Gira wants to load from the game server to my computer. But what would that be, exactly? I can't figure it out. Re-downloading and re-installing the entire game ought to have corrected any glitches that may have occured in the actual download and installation. But it did not.

So, I am stymied. I can not complete the game. I'd call that a BUG!!! :( :( :( :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Well, I'd say not being able to link into Eder Gira at all would be a real showstopper, wouldn't you?
Definitely, absolutely, yes. Have you raised a ticket?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:54 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Quote:
Well, I'd say not being able to link into Eder Gira at all would be a real showstopper, wouldn't you?
Definitely, absolutely, yes. Have you raised a ticket?

Yes, I did. I was hoping that others have had the same problem, but so far no one has. There are several with problems playing the age, but getting to the age isn't an issue like it is for me. It's a head-scratcher for sure.

In the original game, I had no problem with it whatsoever. :? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:10 pm 

Kiril, just out of curiosity:

1) Were you able to go to Eder Gira in beta prior to this build?

2) Have you tried Eder Gira with more than one avatar? Sometimes the problem is the avatar data and a new avatar works fine.

3) Did you get the Age book on your shelf, or are you trying to use the one in the pillar on Relto? If the shelf, did you try deleting the book on the shelf and getting it again from the pillar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm 

Malia wrote:
Kiril, just out of curiosity:

1) Were you able to go to Eder Gira in beta prior to this build?

No. I've never been able to get there at all.

Quote:
2) Have you tried Eder Gira with more than one avatar? Sometimes the problem is the avatar data and a new avatar works fine.

Haven't tried that. Will see what happens. But that would mean replaying the entire game!!!

Quote:
3) Did you get the Age book on your shelf, or are you trying to use the one in the pillar on Relto? If the shelf, did you try deleting the book on the shelf and getting it again from the pillar?

I've tried it all ways. I have not tried to remove the book from my shelf. I'm not sure how to do that, or I can't recall how. But I'll give this a go as well.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:28 pm 

LOL... :D If you only knew how many times some of us have replayed this entire game........... welcome to beta testing!

To delete a book from your bookshelf, click on the little tab thing below it with the D'ni number zero on it (square with a dot in the middle). The book will reappear in the pillar outside.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next