It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:12 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kiril, did you try this:

When the black screen comes up, go and get yourself a drink and fix a sandwich. Sit back down and enjoy the sandwich while you wait. :wink:

I've had that happen a couple of times in different areas. I thought it was locked up. I decided to just wait. I think once it took about 5 minutes or so. Once I did a successful link. it worked ok..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:08 pm 

Malia wrote:
LOL... :D If you only knew how many times some of us have replayed this entire game........... welcome to beta testing!

To delete a book from your bookshelf, click on the little tab thing below it with the D'ni number zero on it (square with a dot in the middle). The book will reappear in the pillar outside.

Yeah, I remembered once I was back in Relto and looked at the shelf. Tried that, but...no good. Same result. :roll:

Well, next is to try another avatar. Boy, if that's it, and I have to replay the entire game... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:05 pm 

Saruk wrote:
Kiril, did you try this:

When the black screen comes up, go and get yourself a drink and fix a sandwich. Sit back down and enjoy the sandwich while you wait. :wink:

I've had that happen a couple of times in different areas. I thought it was locked up. I decided to just wait. I think once it took about 5 minutes or so. Once I did a successful link. it worked ok..

A couple of times, I've let 'sit' for 15-30 minutes...still nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:20 pm 

Well, I created a new avatar and started over. Did the desert, returned to relto, found the Eder Gira book and....NOTHING!!!!!

This is really beginning to "bug" me!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since this appears to be just you and your pc, have you done the usual housekeeping like defrag, registry cleanup, deleting temp files and logs, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:06 am 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
Since this appears to be just you and your pc, have you done the usual housekeeping like defrag, registry cleanup, deleting temp files and logs, etc?

Well, that was my next step. Since no one is coming forward with the same problem, I have to conclude that it is something on my end. However, it doesn't make a lot of sense, since none of the other ages are affected. But, who knows...so I'm going to do all those things and see what happens. Thanks for sticking with me on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 am 

First of all, get someone else to share their Gira book with you and see if you can visit someone else's Gira.

If even that fails, then I think it's likely that your data files have become corrupted somehow. Open up your dat folder and delete all the files with a Gira_ prefix. Then start up the game again and touch the book. This will trigger another half hour download or so (at least that's how long it takes for me), but hopefully you'll end up with good files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:34 pm 

uecasm wrote:
First of all, get someone else to share their Gira book with you and see if you can visit someone else's Gira.

I thought of this last night and will try this. thanks!

Quote:
If even that fails, then I think it's likely that your data files have become corrupted somehow. Open up your dat folder and delete all the files with a Gira_ prefix. Then start up the game again and touch the book. This will trigger another half hour download or so (at least that's how long it takes for me), but hopefully you'll end up with good files.

I thought of that, but would have thought that uninstalling the game entirely, re-downloading the beta installer and re-installing would have fixed that, but it didn't.

Also, disk cleanup, de-frag etc, didn't help either!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:31 pm 

Well, I was hoping that the 12-7 server wipe would fix whatever it is that is preventing me from linking to Eder Gira/Kemo. Alas, no. after completing the Cleft and returning to Relto, I opened the pillars, tried to link to Gira from the book, and same thing: black screen, the linking buzz sound, a brief sound of water or air, then...nothing. Its a complete system lock up. I have to turn the computer off and back on, just as before. whateever is causing this issue is still with me. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

ya know... back, um waaay back in Uru LIVE (before) during it's failed preview I always had to change my graphics settings way down and turn he sound off to get to Gira because of the falls....

Have you trid adjusting your sound, then video settings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:11 pm 

greypiffle wrote:
ya know... back, um waaay back in Uru LIVE (before) during it's failed preview I always had to change my graphics settings way down and turn he sound off to get to Gira because of the falls....

Have you trid adjusting your sound, then video settings?

Do you mean windows settings or the game settings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:03 am 
Obduction Backer

Mine was game settings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:37 pm 

Saruk wrote:
Kiril, did you try this:

I've let it run for over an hour with no luck. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:00 pm 

I had this problem with one of my avies before the vault wipe. I would suggest, as hard as it sounds, wipe this avie, write a ticket and start over. It is, after all ,beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

I had this happen last night:

No matter how many times I logged into an avatar, I got a black screen in relto with the relto sounds.

So, I logged into a different avatar, and got in.
Then when I switched to the first avatar, it worked as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next