It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:16 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:41 am 
Obduction Backer

*SPOILERS* - Don't read any more if you wish not to be spoiled...

What's up with the Ae'gura linking book in the Spyroom? A linking book to Sharpers office in Ae'gura is in the Spyroom, that is also in Ae'gura. (It was previously a Teledahn linking book in Uru CC.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you couldn't link from one age to the same age. (Relto excluded.) Isn't the Spyroom and Sharpers office both in the age of D'ni? What am I missing? I thought inter-age linking wasn't possible with traditional D'ni books. (Ages like, D'ni, Teledahn, Kemo, ect...) I was under the impression only Yeesha or the Bahro and their pillars could do that kind of thing?

I call shenanigans on the Spyroom!!!!!

I know the spyroom has changed from Uru CC but shouldn't it still be in D'ni? Or has Yeesha been up to the shenanigans? I think I just must have missed a detail recently. Could someone set me straight...

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:02 am 

Yes,it's look like thet in all of the myst games you can't link from a place to the same place.You can do thet only with linking stones.UrU is just a wierd game... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:14 am 
Obduction Backer

You can't stop progress. The D'ni are gone and so are their rules. I bet Sharper (or whoever placed the book there) found a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:17 am 

Everything currently seen in MO:UL is not necessarily canon; the canon state is at present reflected in the D'mala shard of Untìl Uru instead. This will change on December 20th, as I understand it.

There's a high chance that the current linking book from the Spy Room to the Baron's Office is just a temporary placeholder and really meaningless, especially since getting to the Baron's Office is already easily possible through other means. Most likely, the linking book will be replaced with a different one altogether, and hopefully with one that fits within the boundaries of D'ni linking technology. That, or we'll see it replaced by a Bahro Stone instead, in which case Yeesha's / the Bahro's rules apply.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:30 am 
Obduction Backer

chucker wrote:
...Most likely, the linking book will be replaced with a different one altogether, and hopefully with one that fits within the boundaries of D'ni linking technology. That, or we'll see it replaced by a Bahro Stone instead, in which case Yeesha's / the Bahro's rules apply.

Well said. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:10 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Moke is not the final authority on such things, but this can't be ignored:

(12/11 18:27:06) Whilyam: What will take the place of the book in the Spyroom? It links to the City office, another breach of the linking rules.
(12/11 18:28:08) Moke: Good question, Whilyam. I think we may have a breach or two we have to live with.

This is from a longer chatlog session with Moke posted at:
http://www.urulive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3902

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Moke said we would have to indure some broken rules for the sake of the storyline, personally I'm not to keen on it but there we go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:33 pm 

Tweek wrote:
Moke said we would have to indure some broken rules for the sake of the storyline, personally I'm not to keen on it but there we go.
But he didn't say outright whether or not the spy room would be such an instance. So its hard to know whether he was being cryptic as per usual for a Cyan employee. Or if he did mean that the spy room would be breaking the linking book rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:06 pm 

As part of the plot development, they were telling us the Baron was responsible for spying on the DRC but in doing so, they forgot the intra-age linking rule. It will probably be replaced with a nexus book in the next build. Isn't it strange that there are no linking books to the spyroom in the Baron's offices in the city or Teledahn? How did he get there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

Let's see. We all walk around with a book on our hip that will link us to relto from relto(or any age) and go with us.
Yeesha found a way to write a linking book that would work anywhere and go with us if we held it.
Might not the book in the spyroom be the same kind of thing?
With Yeesha, rules are ignored because she dared to use symbols that had been banned by the Guild of Writers as too dangerious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

delano wrote:
As part of the plot development, they were telling us the Baron was responsible for spying on the DRC but in doing so, they forgot the intra-age linking rule. It will probably be replaced with a nexus book in the next build. Isn't it strange that there are no linking books to the spyroom in the Baron's offices in the city or Teledahn? How did he get there?

The Baron didn't do that, Douglas Shaper did. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:13 pm 

greypiffle wrote:
With Yeesha, rules are ignored because she dared to use symbols that had been banned by the Guild of Writers as too dangerious.

Yeesha's gift to Henderson or Sharper???? :lol:
Think the storyline will tell, if it will remain the same linking book. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

greypiffle wrote:
Yeesha found a way to write a linking book that would work anywhere and go with us if we held it.

That would mean that either Yeesha gave Sharper a special book or Sharper learned how to Write intra-Age linking books. I don't really see either as very probable.

OR: since the spyroom link is a Bahro stone now, the office Book works because it doesn't link to the same Ae'gura as the spyroom.

Quote:

I don't believe it's specific symbols but, as with Catherine, a peculiar kind of writing combined with a powerful bending of the rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 pm 

There's another known glitch around that area too. The link to the spyroom looks like a Bahro stone when you see it in the 'cupboard', but appears as a book when you click on it. Oops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

A linking stone sounds like a better idea, but I still think a linking book back to Teledahn as in Uru CC might be the best idea. (Back to the Teledahn office specifically.) At that point linking to the Ae'gura office is simple. Just my opinion though...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next