It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:26 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Tai'lahr, Marten and I played a new realm instance last night: Revelations. Tai's game was done at least up through the Golem, I was done through but not including the TW Portal, and Marten started fresh. He had not played since one of the wipes.

When we all got to TW, there were multiples of various objects: stones, clouds, and chests at least. Clicking on one revealed a duplicate was still there. It made finding "courage" under the rocks problematic. The duplicate was also clickable. Both performed their actions. All of us could see the duplicates. My clicks counted for each Quest. Marten could click one and have it count toward the Quest, but the rest were not counted and he could not proceed with the game. Relogging corrected his ability to progress, but the duplicate objects were still there - always two, never more.

Things to try: New multiplayer instance - not Revelations - with reset avatars, or a mix of avatar experience; single player in Revelations; multiplayer in Revelations with avatars of varied experience - some or all needing the Quests, some or all not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Is it possible that Marten hadn't deleted the folders he was supposed to at one point or another?

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:47 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I've seen this happen a number of times in various sessions. The double stones/double lidded chests are usually cleared if everyone leaves the realm (i.e. so it gets emptied of players) then re-enters. It seems to be some corruption caused by the "session owner", i.e. the first person to enter the realm, but the exact cause isn't clear. One thing that seems to cause it is if the first person to enter the realm performs a QS reset, almost as if the re-link that occurs causes a second set of objects to be created.

Quite often the doubles are accompanied by other strange effects: I've had things like seeing avatars with missing limbs, or clickables that take 5 seconds to respond, or your avatar being turned round when someone else wands an object.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]