It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Second Day
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:36 am 

There appear to be some issues with at least the Bahro Cave in Teledahn, i had a CTD in there and i think some others have too, be sure to grab the symbol on the wall and get your pillar fast...dont wait for her to stop talking.

Also the two bridges we have to "open" ..the wooden one on the wood walkway and the metal one we have to drop, both are a bit sticky for some....could be connectivity.... for the wooden one be sure to use the handle first then hit the bridge and then use the handle again after that to lower it all the way.

There is a delay in buddies showing up on the buddy list on the KI after their names are entered.

Triggers, vids and functions in the core ages seem to work fine. End sequence works well, both Yeesha vids work fine, and it is nice to see her again. Rain seems ok in Kemo, tho i had one partial dry thunder rain i think today.

We found Tsogal today, a new hood was formed by the game, DRC3 and there is a Tsogal book in it ..three Delins in other hoods. HenryMikel and I have checked the cloths in both and they all seem in working order and the door gates are awake.
As soon as we get enough ppl in there at one time we can do door runs.

I checked for collision breaks in the dry and the rainy Clefts and the fence lines are secure both on the mountain and on the perimiter. ditto in the city, working thru the ages and the hoods for any new breaks. All the in game links work so far, books, stones, nexus links, public, private, etc. all working.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:48 am 
Obduction Backer

I had none of the Teledahn problems you mentioned. Bahro caves are good. Bridges worked perfectly. No delay on the buddy list. I DID have a net 6 error (and crash) once yesterday.

This tells me that the issues may be related to the quality of your broadband connection to the servers. I have 25MB download/5MB upload speeds. You might want to post your ISP broadband speeds and maybe run a speedtest to wherever the servers are (where are they? Mead, WA at Cyan office?). That info will help the troubleshooters.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I also had a CTD when exiting the Bahro Cave after Teledahn. I have a fiber-optic connection, so if there are bandwidth issues, it would be on the server end.

Note: I was unable to reproduce the crash with a second avatar, so it's intermittent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:37 pm 

Teledahn metal bridge won't lower for me... maybe I should put on some weight :? My feet do sink a bit in the metal though.

I didn't wait Yeesha to stop speaking so I don't know if I would have crashed. Will check that again later.

One REALLY curious thing occured to me after gettin the sticks and the stones page in Gareeshan and linking back to my Relto: The one stick that is visible from the window facing the calendar island DROPPED from the sky, while the others were on the ground already :shock: Has this happened to anyone else? Too bad I could not get a vid of it. Hardly will happen again.

One CTD after jumping silly in Tele, but that must have been just me :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
One REALLY curious thing occured to me after gettin the sticks and the stones page in Gareeshan and linking back to my Relto: The one stick that is visible from the window facing the calendar island DROPPED from the sky, while the others were on the ground already. Has this happened to anyone else? Too bad I could not get a vid of it. Hardly will happen again.

Funny you'd mention that... I was browsing through the archived threads yesterday, and that glitch was occurring during the original MOUL Beta. So it's not new! Good catch,

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:57 pm 

Sky Sticks!

glad i was not alone with the CTD, i have a highspeed DSL that has a good rate, and i had no problems with other parts of the game...

Gahreesen links are real slow, about twice to three times what they were with GameTap MOUL and there were a bit slow then too prob because of the complexity of all that is in there.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

My links to Gahreesen are super fast in MOULagain. Go figure.

In MOUL (Gametap) the Gahreesen links were ALWAYS slow and took longer than all other ages (up to 2 minutes, whereas the other ages took about 30 seconds), but in MOULagain, I get to Gahreesen in about 15 seconds.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

dadguy wrote:
You might want to post your ISP broadband speeds and maybe run a speedtest to wherever the servers are (where are they? Mead, WA at Cyan office?). That info will help the troubleshooters.

The servers look to be Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud similar to what MQO used. I think this means that they're either going to be in Northern California or Northern Virginia. Probably impossible to tell which, could even be both.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm 

EthanEver wrote:
Teledahn metal bridge won't lower for me... maybe I should put on some weight :? My feet do sink a bit in the metal though.

I got that walkway to drop with a single jump, maybe 3 segments from the end.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm 

three jumps for me close to the end.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I got that walkway to drop with a single jump, maybe 3 segments from the end.

M2 - but I ticketed that de standing jump is a very tiny one at the moment.
I always was able to use a standing jump on that spot to get that broken walkway down .

I noticed also that the various link bahro stones do work but you have to search for the right clickble spot far more as I remember was needed earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:52 pm 

JanB wrote:
I noticed also that the various link bahro stones do work but you have to search for the right clickble spot far more as I remember was needed earlier.

Maybe. Yes, I had to search a bit too, but I seem to remember they were always a bit like that :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]