It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:11 pm 

/me hands the Three to Ken :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:44 pm 

we have Ethan, Mystdee, KenS, Gimlet, me, Tail'har, JW, and Mac, and Robert the Rebuilder... so far..... :) and lots of birds...and Katva and Veralun! and Dadguy! we have 12 in Delin! good stress test :)

starting the run now :) Delin worked fine on the first run, !!!! Ethan Master Door Caller Called!

we are in Tsogal and HenryMikel is here too, 13 in the Eder! no apprciable lag, things working well. We got Group Pics :)

Delin in DRC and we use the Tsogal in DRC (3)

and Tsogal is done! all went well. We are having to press cloths twice in Tsogal, but it maybe due to the number of ppl, not on all the cloths but some. but things work and work well. :)

Hooray!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:02 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yes, great session. Both ages done in around 40 minutes total.

13 people in Tsogal, and I didn't crash this time :D :D :D !!!

Returned to Delin afterwards so HenryMikel could get his wedge for there.

Thanks everyone!

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

It was fun, thanks everyone! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good rehearsel.
Thanks everyone.

psssst Cyan: WE ARE READY! :)

mod note:
No shouting please.
Veralun 01/23/2010

Last edited by veralun on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

It was fun to be able to help with the last session again anyway!
Quote:
WE ARE READY

Don't we still miss a few ages to recheck yet?
I'd lik to drop som wll baked pellets again anyway etc..
That might require agan some assistance

Last edited by JanB on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:21 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, everyone - that was fun!

If anyone wants the two group pics as PNG files instead of KI pics, PM me your email. [Since we don't have access to the FTP site anymore, this is the only safe way I can think of to share screen shots.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Robert, regarding lag, did you try the Shadows Setting elimination. It really was like Day and Night for me. Before turning it off I couldn't even get the mouse cursor to highlight things. After, it was like I was alone in the Age with full response.

Thanks all! It was a lot of fun!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 am 

I play always with the graphics and the audio pushed to max (not EAX, though, it is mostly out of sync) and all the shadows on, The lag was almost non existent to me. Just noticed the snow falling slower in Delin and having to press on the door twice in Tsogal. The sounds on pressing on the clothes were were out of sync somethimes.

A funny thing I noticed as I watched you all link in to Tsogal: your shadows arrived before you :)

If we are allowed to email the group pics to each other PM me your email addresses. I will send you them in a zipped .rar archive. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:59 pm 

re: double clcik
I noticed clicking the cloth the first click only got my avie (and cursor) lined up. I remember we had this in the "old days". Once I had clicked, when the run started (and I hadn't moved at all) then the cloth worked with one click.

I had very little lag in Delin-enough for a slow jump but not much else was noticeable. I then turned off shadows just to be sure:)

That was great fun. Thanks Ethan for super doors-manship.

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:16 pm 

Katva wrote:
I noticed clicking the cloth the first click only got my avie (and cursor) lined up. I remember we had this in the "old days". Once I had clicked, when the run started (and I hadn't moved at all) then the cloth worked with one click.

Yes, I saw exactly the same behaviour. Two clicks needed the first time, but only one after that, so long as I didn't move.

I turned off shadows before we started the run in Delin, and it did make a big difference to the lag. I've got an older PC, so I'm guessing that the multiple light sources in Delin (with all those lamps) combined with lots of people meant that calculating the shadows was more work than it could reasonably handle. I expect folks with faster PCs, dual core, etc., will not see the effects nearly so badly. Still, it's good to know that something so simple as turning off shadows can resolve quite a bit of the lag issue. Didn't try turning shadows back on in Tsogal though.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:07 pm 

i think the lag issues in Tsogal may partly arise from the many dynamic elements of the landscape in there that take processing power;...... it did work even with the lag which is good news and that was a lot of fun.

I would think we could e mail if we do NOT post the pictures on any form of external site such as an image site, only send to known and trusted members of the beta but that sort of determination is one that Cyan has to make.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

CrisGer wrote:
I would think we could e mail if we do NOT post the pictures on any form of external site such as an image site, only send to known and trusted members of the beta but that sort of determination is one that Cyan has to make.

Agree.
Just send them by mail.
Perhaps it is an idea to offer Cyan to send them those pics so they can see what they are.
They might be curious too about our adventures. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm 

I think I'd just point to this post by Chogon - It suggests that Cyan are taking a fairly "relaxed" view on this, as there's no formal NDA.

So I'd agree with Veralun, sending pics by email to people you know are on the beta group would seem to be OK (and we mostly know who they are and it isn't hard to check the MOULagain usergroup using the link at the top of the forums).

Posting on to something that has public access in order to share them is probably not a good idea. Since email often limits the size of attachments (I've seen some folks who can't receive more than maybe 5 or 6 MB in an attachment), this might mean you can't send too many pics in one go. Using a RAR archive as Ethan suggested does get the attachement size down, better than ZIP usually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:47 am 

I agree Mac with all you say and i feel a bit strongly more even, i think we should be very careful to keep our testing private for now, in thought, word and deed, even tho they did not have a formal NDA i feel we are on our honour here, to make the testing as efficient and as clear and clean as possible. Later on, there will be many chances to share I am sure but for now, we are the Alpha team :)

I suggested the group pics because it si a wonderful way to honour our comraderie and the great good fellwoship that is part of all of this, and also to be able to share with Cyan the success of our progress on their behalf. So I think it would be a great idea to send them copies too.

"We Build Worlds"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4