It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: The "bones"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 pm 
Cyan Employee

Not to spoil the fun of guessing what the "bones" will be, but so that we're all on the same page, I need to explain it before it starts to play out, so that those of you who care to play along IC are able to do so when the time is right.

The intention, as always, is to keep the IC situation as parallel to the OOC situation as possible, which is to say that the DRC have not found funding, so the DRC members and the ResEngs are not coming back to the Cavern full time, nor is the restoration resuming at this time (or in the foreseeable future).

Things need to be kept low-key so as to reinforce lower expectations after the speculations caused by Tony's leak.

With that in mind, here is a brief outline of the planned "bones".

2/4 (afternoon Pacific): Victor Laxman posts in the IC DRCSite forums that several of his security sensors in the Cavern have been tripped recently. He won't have the chance to go check them right away, so he's asking if any of the other DRC leaders are able to go have a look.

2/5 (afternoon Pacific): Kodama and Sutherland reply that they can make the trip down this weekend.

2/6: (evening/night Pacific) Kodama and/or Sutherland are seen in the Cavern.

2/7 (day Pacific) Kodama and/or Sutherland are seen in the Cavern.

2/7 (night Pacific): Sutherland posts in the DRC forums that there were a few explorers in the Cavern.
2/7 (night Pacific): Dr. Watson posts in the DRC forums that he believes that those who hear the Call will soon begin returning to the Cavern, despite the lack of DRC funding and direct involvement.

2/8 (morning Pacific): "Play" button is updated and the Called begin to return to the Cavern.

Those of you who are interested in supporting this with your IC stories can do so once Kodama and/or Sutherland have spoken to you in the Cavern.

We can discuss the details in the Cavern.

Thanks!

Last edited by RAWA on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The "bones"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Oh, that is totally awesome, RAWA! Thank you so much for letting us participate!

RAWA wrote:
We can discuss the details in the Cavern.

Um, and how will we know it's YOU? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm 
Cyan Employee

The DRC members will not be showing up without their custom avatars to prevent just such confusion. :)

Currently, I haven't found the custom avatars for Laxman or Watson, which is why Kodama and Sutherland will be the ones appearing in Cavern this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow!
I feel like a little boy. :D
So exciting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

awesome! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Yeah, but I just hope that with all the evening/night Pacific timings that I don't end up missing everything. Again :cry:

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Let me just say...

This looks interesting.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:29 pm 
Cyan Employee

Mac_Fife wrote:
Yeah, but I just hope that with all the evening/night Pacific timings that I don't end up missing everything. Again :cry:

Well, Kodama and Sutherland will not be able to arrive in the Cavern until Saturday evening, but I think they'll be in the Cavern as much as possible on Sunday during the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very clever! I suggest (for the most part) we allow the non-beta folks do most of the talking after the bones are discovered so they can have some fun without us "in the know" folks giving them too much leading.

Then after we see Kodama and Sutherland, we can discuss and play it from there.

Sounds like fun!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:37 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The natural reaction for "Unauthorized Explorers" when they see the DRC coming is to scatter (to not get caught) or confront (to challenge rights to explore a natural resource - and we'll all sing "This land is our land..." at them - for all to enjoy). Heh. Which would you choose?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Okee, some of us are a bit confused about the "We can discuss the details in the cavern" statement. Will you or won't you be coming into the cavern in non-character form to talk with us OOC before the DRC characters come?

Also, would you mind posting KI #s for yourself and the characters here so we know for sure who's for real?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
Okee, some of us are a bit confused about the "We can discuss the details in the cavern" statement. Will you or won't you be coming into the cavern in non-character form to talk with us OOC before the DRC characters come?

Also, would you mind posting KI #s for yourself and the characters here so we know for sure who's for real?

Thanks!

was just about to ask for KI #s myself. . . . great minds do think alike :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
The natural reaction for "Unauthorized Explorers" when they see the DRC coming is to scatter (to not get caught) or confront (to challenge rights to explore a natural resource - and we'll all sing "This land is our land..." at them - for all to enjoy). Heh. Which would you choose?

Agreed.

As I mentioned else where, the general view of those of us who still run IC as still being in the cavern (via UruCC not MOULagain) is that we keep to ourselves and keep to the shadows. So DRC presence would probably be observed from a distance by unauthorized explorers. I'd suggest the DRC perhaps acknowledging that people have been sneaking around since they pulled out, but the problem with that is that the community would assume secret testing that has been going on longer than it has. But it would be nice to see the work people like Giles and so forth have been doing in keeping the story alive and people involved via an IC aspect since MOUL closed acknowledged or folded into the canon some way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:03 pm 

thank you RAWA this will be fun

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, RAWA!

It's really a shame that Tweek and Aloys can't be with us in the cavern this weekend. Can you or Chogon send them an invite so that they can participate in the IC story as well? After all, they have access to these forums, too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next