It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:31 am 
Cyan Employee

Turns out there was a twist I hadn't planned on when I made the outline. A much more cohesive story now. Another circle is complete.

Thanks for all your contributions. Sorry for all the confusion and accusations. It will not last long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:45 am 

It was a pleasure to particpate and to be of service to the future of URU and MOUL.

One note in closing this circle, it is essential in my view that none of us try to speak for the entire cavern. Some explorers in the meetings with the DRC took it on themselves to say things to the DRC like "we would welcome you back".....the we is us, all of us, and none of us speak for all of us. This is an essential point if we are to return as equals and have a level field to play on.

Otherwise, a few are aiming for status that is not, in my humble view, neither beneficial for the entire future of URU or for the fun of any of us. It will remain to be seen if this openess will be allowed to exist. Our part in the opening chapter is I hope seen by all as service to the collective all of explorers ..... and hopefully will be seen as such if we treat our roles here humbly and with respectful care.

My concern has been raised by the actions of a few of the team that showed a lack of respect or tolerance and raised my concern for the needed tone of respect in the Cavern hence my addressing this topic. I am glad things went so well with the meetings and it was indeed a pleasure to meet with Dr Kodama and Dr Sutherland. I hoipe we see more of the DRC and it might be a very very very good idea for them or others to return soon for the 'general public" so that this invitaiton to the future is seen as something that includes everyone and not just a favored few.

Having Bahro appear in the city at intervals will be a huge help to making the city as it is alive for the returning explorers.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA wrote:
Turns out there was a twist I hadn't planned on when I made the outline. A much more cohesive story now. Another circle is complete.

Thanks for all your contributions. Sorry for all the confusion and accusations. It will not last long.

Thanks to you and the Cyan team for a wonderful experience. The confusion, no big deal, it will all work out, and accusations we just try to let roll off. . .we know, . . . . that's what matters. It was a pleasure to contribute to this. I enjoyed it very much :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
RAWA wrote:

:D <---- (no words to describe the awesomeness of being involved in that final bit) Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:10 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
RAWA wrote:

:D <---- (no words to describe the awesomeness of being involved in that final bit) Thank you!

Yeah . . . . what she said! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:11 am 
Cyan Employee

Dr. Watson has replied, and the way is prepared for the Play button update tomorrow. I'm sure that they won't expect Dr. Watson's "soon" to be nearly that immediate. It never has been before, nor is it likely to ever be so again.

I've set the stage for the DRC members to show up from time to time as fellow explorers. If they come back too soon, it will incorrectly set expectations for frequent visits. Too long, and there will be resentment. Dr. Watson will likely visit first (early this week) to reinforce what expectations should be (no new Ages, no ResEngs, etc.) You all did a great job of passing that info along, it's just best to reinforce it right from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

More likely will be the Bahro showing up from time to time, as then my slow typing, constant typos, and need to be so careful of what I say, etc. are not an issue.

So if you see a Bahro walking around, be kind.

I also plan an OOC explanation post here sometime tomorrow for those who have problems translating from DRC IC speak to Cyan OOC speak.

Thanks again, it's been fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA wrote:
Dr. Watson has replied, and the way is prepared for the Play button update tomorrow. I'm sure that they won't expect Dr. Watson's "soon" to be nearly that immediate. It never has been before, nor is it likely to ever be so again.

I've set the stage for the DRC members to show up from time to time as fellow explorers. If they come back too soon, it will incorrectly set expectations for frequent visits. Too long, and there will be resentment. Dr. Watson will likely visit first (early this week) to reinforce what expectations should be (no new Ages, no ResEngs, etc.) You all did a great job of passing that info along, it's just best to reinforce it right from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

More likely will be the Bahro showing up from time to time, as then my slow typing, constant typos, and need to be so careful of what I say, etc. are not an issue.

So if you see a Bahro walking around, be kind.

I also plan an OOC explanation post here sometime tomorrow for those who have problems translating from DRC IC speak to Cyan OOC speak.

Thanks again, it's been fun.

Sounds great RAWA. . . . we did enjoy seeing our Bahro friend tonight :) we were kind and so was he :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:16 am 

Thank you RAWA from the bottom of my explorer heart, for all of us and for all of us who could not be here, who loved URU..this is a beautiful chance to see the city live again and with a very nice feeling that you have made possible. Thank you for listening to our suggestions and for really thinking it all through before hand, you are gifted with all of this, and much appreciated.

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 am 
Creative Kingdoms

There's the "fun" thing again. ;)

Really, I'm honored to be amongst all you fine people from Cyan and the group here. RAWA, you are gracious in your compliments, though I hope all of us did as right for you as you are doing for everyone who loves Uru and everything that's gone into it over the many years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
RAWA, The plans you've outlined are far more generous than I expected and I think they will go a very long way towards making a lot of people very happy with the DRC & Cyan. I truly hope we've set the stage for everyone to be more relaxed around them, so that it's also an enjoyable experience for you as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:48 am 
Cyan Employee

You all did a great job. I have enjoyed being able to allow you few to see behind the curtain a bit, so you can get a glimpse first hand what goes on behind the scenes.

I didn't figure that IC Marie should be able to remember Dr. Watson's reminder verbatim, but she at least got it pretty close.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby (when asked why the Cosby show was such a hit in the 80s. He was humble, but the real answer, I believe, is because he was adamant about making a show that _he_ would want to watch, despite that it went against all the "rules" of television at the time.)

"I think you ought to like what you do, because there's a reasonably good chance no one else is going to." - Rich Mullins.

I don't know the Peter Jackson/James Cameron quotes that one of you referred to, but they're all along the same lines.

And it's hard to keep in mind sometimes, which is why I repeat them to myself so often. We really do the best we can with what we have, and it's hard not to take it personally when people are insistent that things would have worked out so much better if we had only done things their way. The fact of the matter is that it would just be a different set of people who would have been just as upset. :)

As always, thanks again for your continued support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:00 am 
Obduction Backer

This has been loads of fun, can't believe I missed a Bahro! Would you believe I have never seen one up close, ever?

You know you can always count on, and call on, us when you need a little story kick in the pants.

Maybe no ResEngs... Explorer Assistants? Hmm, maybe not, that could be abbreviated ExAss.

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:10 am 

I'm not sure what the twist is that RAWA mentioned (maybe something came up while I was gone and have not yet found it on the forums), but I totally agree with the others that this has been extremely exciting and an honour beyond my wildest expectations to have been a part of this, Thank you so much Rawa, and you all my awesome fellow explorers, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:16 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA, thanks for the Bahro treat. Mystdee, Tai'lahr, HenryMikel and I had goosebumps. It was amazing watching him jump down to the Ferry Term and reappear on the roof down there. Tai was especially proud that you were watching HER.

We all tried our best to tell the story, and the group we had were all long term, level headed, URU Lovers. I was so glad to be a part of it.

I look forward to the next few days of community excitement, and whatever future we find.

Cheers,

Dadguy

PS: Dexter is having a grand time learning the ropes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:21 am 
Obduction Backer

this is so much fun I am still awake reading all the posts at 2:19 am!! Love the DRC Bantor over at the DRC forums.

RAWA, you haven't lost your touch! 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next