It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Well, I'm drained... Anyone else feel like that? I'm really exhausted today - I don't know if it's the hours I was keeping, or the effort of trying to get some sort of RP going on the DRC site, that told the truth, kept to IC conventions and didn't mention anyone it shouldn't. I said elsewhere, that IC wasn't generally "my thing", but in this case because it was only reporting facts, it was more manageable for me. I guess, because I'm not a regular on the DRC site, my posts weren't taken quite so seriously at first as maybe Mystdee, dadguy, JWPlatt or Tai'lahr's were, but the whole thing has been immense fun, and all you guys, and Cyan, have been great.

I've been letting Ethan get inside my head... I must get him out. I ended up dreaming last night that I was trying to find a patch of grass where I could feed the goat I found in Ethan's Tele :shock:

As I write this, the Play button has yet to be updated. Over the past few days I think we've really shaken up the world for the community: As RAWA commented in another thread, things have moved much faster than this community is used to, and for the most part they're only just putting it all together. It's been very entertaining to watch the forum activity, and to think, Cyan must get that kind of kick everytime they do something like this :)

Soon it'll be our turn to have our world rocked, as our cosy little group suddenly explodes in numbers. It'll be strange at first to see others in the Cavern again. I'm amazed that we've come this far in a few short weeks. I suspect that Cyan were pleasantly surprised at how few bugs there were after dusting down and re-deploying the code. If there had been more trouble, I guess we'd have had more of a phased return.

Well, I've dumped my emotions for now... back to dropping pellets :D

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Well, I'm drained... back to dropping pellets :D

It's been an intense experience, when you realize that with just "we few, we happy few", each of us really mattered. Now to pressure is off, and I for one wil relax, playing as a noobie again. Onwards Grommet! There is much to explore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Right, this was downright thrilling. Just to stand with you all in the Takotah Plaza again, watching the players' lists grow, watching chats unfold, was a moving experience. I missed it all so much, and now it's back!

The future looks wonderful, and it will sure help make the most of a dreary winter.

Mowog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 pm 

Well, I would join you at Takotah to meet and greet but the servers are already toast. No small surprise with the enthusiasm out there. I am proud of the community right now, ready to forgive those who will bicker soon, and cheering for the way the word has gone out. What a glorious day!

Cyan you are amazing!

Kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 am 
Obduction Backer

RAWA wrote:
I also plan an OOC explanation post here sometime tomorrow for those who have problems translating from DRC IC speak to Cyan OOC speak.

I never did see the post that RAWA said he was going to write (OOC) that would explain the events running up to MOULAgain. Did I miss it?

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Timing may have been reconsidered due to the server delay. Mac was right about 'explodes in numbers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:10 am 
Obduction Backer

I haven't seen it but the forums were so incredibly busy maybe he decide to wait. . . .for the first time all day I had not "unread post" just before I came in here and I am sure there will be new ones once i go back out! it's incredible!
and post reports have been coming in all day as well Poor mods are swamped with that. . . Phew busy day but it is so exciting to see the positive response! :lol: :lol: ( at least it is MOSTLY positive , only a few that are only borderline ) :wink:

BTW: anyone else getting withdrawal symptoms already?. . . . I hate that I can't go in. :?

Last edited by Mystdee on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 am 
Cyan Employee

Yeah, it seemed kinda counter-productive to explain that the cavern was now open and that they should click the play button and follow the instructions there. 1) they already figured that out, and 2) it would only add insult to injury. I'll wait until things settle down a bit.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:45 am 
Obduction Backer

Rereies to get in early this morning CET. Just like the old days yeay, Server was up gaain and minutes and minutes waiting, If I at least could make it to Relto. Just like the old days. (2004 /2005). :? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 am 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, RAWA. I was in tonight and the folks are having a ball! Performance was good if you avoided the link-in spots. So many old friends and so many new names.

Post when when things are stable. Tomorrow will be interesting. The GoG has sprung to life.

Cheers,

Dadguy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]