It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now that people are starting to trickle in, and the technical crazy is getting sorted out, lets start bringing that element of IC/Immersive play back into it, so the whole DRC thing wasn't just a 'hook'.

Most of you grok this stuff, but I'll just toss out some examples of how easy it is to play immersively:

Quote:
Them: "Man, that loading time to get here took forever!"

You: "Yeah, that link between Ages can take a while."

Them: "I had so much trouble registering my account!"

You: "You finally linked through to Relto, though. Yay! (or, if a new person "What did you think? Have you been to the cleft yet?"

Them: "What is there to do in this game?"

You: There's lots to explore in the different Ages, and tons of history. Would you like me to show you around?"

Most of the time, just using subtle language changes makes a huge difference, without being In Your Face IC Story Plot ZOMG! And it memes... if one person consistantly calls load times 'linking', or something similar, more people will do it. :)

KI#00001498
Officially bonked R.E.B.E.L.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Agreed, Eleri. I have trouble seeing in the cavern when the morning sun is coming through the window, but rather than say that, I say that my eyes haven't adjusted to the dark of the cavern, yet (so forgive me if I run into you). ;)

It's one of those things that may seem difficult to maintain in the beginning, but the more you do it, the more natural it begins to feel. And, it's really fun. Just think of it like any other puzzle or challenge. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Generally I keep clear of ICing game issues it can cause some funny stuff (like Marie linking to someones Relto without a book, which was IC'd but impossible within the nature of the D'niverse).

but yeah, simple stuff like that can go a long way.

I'd actually like to see Cyan, more specifically Rawa, have a lore site which would set down what is canon what isn't (clearing up the retcons in Uru) and perhaps have a guideline for budding and seasoned IC players.

But time constraints are a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:39 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Tweek wrote:
Generally I keep clear of ICing game issues it can cause some funny stuff (like Marie linking to someones Relto without a book, which was IC'd but impossible within the nature of the D'niverse).

Yeah, I was probably a bit "loose" on that. Sorry :oops:

On the other hand, since Marie insisted that Ethan linked out first maybe the "trick" Laxman showed her was how to deftly lift Ethan's Relto book just as he linked, use it herself and replace it on arriving and before Ethan would think to look for it.

Maybe clutching at straws. I always said I was no good at the IC stuff!

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
Tweek wrote:

Yeah, I was probably a bit "loose" on that. Sorry :oops:

On the other hand, since Marie insisted that Ethan linked out first maybe the "trick" Laxman showed her was how to deftly lift Ethan's Relto book just as he linked, use it herself and replace it on arriving and before Ethan would think to look for it.

Maybe clutching at straws. I always said I was no good at the IC stuff!

I thought she had linked to Teledahn directly actually

Last edited by Mystdee on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:02 pm 

Hmm... Got me wondering... I don't believe that's what she said (I'd need to check the chatlog), but I did go directly to Ethan's Teledahn (since I had an existing invite) and so I didn't actually see what happened. Whether she went to Relto or to Teledahn probably still begs the question of how she was able to go to a private age without a book or invite.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Unfortunately, ghaelen has chosen to latch onto this incident as a means of furthering her own story (she wants to project a sense of nervousness because she may have something to hide and saw this as a way to express her fear of getting caught).

I've spoken to her about it and she's willing to play along if y'all want to clear this up. I'd suggest that maybe you PM her to work something out - probably on the DRC site (since this one is currently a madhouse here).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:37 pm 

Yeah, I'm game for that, but in slower time :wink: Like a few others, I need to catch on some real world things, and the main forums are still keeping me a bit busy right now.

I've said before, I'm not naturally an IC person, so I think I'd value some guidance from someone like Tweek on how to reconcile the hole I dug!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I saw her when I linked into Ethan's Relto. And she used his Teledahn book to get there.

Now by the time this goes to court, I could very possibly have a memory lapse. Maybe it was that blinky thing RAWA had. Or I could get whatever it was that Phil got at the end of MUOL. It might explain what happened to him. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 pm 

The blinky thing might not be a defence if a chatlog ever gets published :wink:

I have a (partly) valid excuse that I didn't actually see anything other than Marie arriving in Teledahn, and what I reported was what I heard before I went to the Nexus and may not have been what happened. I only know that it took a little while before others started to arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:45 pm 

So... is this going to be discussed out side MO:ULagain beta?
Or are we talking about it just now to see how to explain it if it ever was discussed publicly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 pm 

Wondering how we explain it on the DRCsite, Ethan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 pm 

Double post, but what the heck :?

I've posted an attempt at a "save" over on the DRCsite: http://forums.drcsite.org/viewtopic.php?p=46065#46065

If/when it gets questioned then we may need to string a bit more together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

I read your post there, Mac and I think you did a good job of clarifying things. Also, other IC players are chiming in with reasonable explanations, so I think it's all pretty smoothed over, now. There may be some lingering doubt, but that's okay; it will work well for ghaelen's story.

Only Ethan can outright contradict your story, but he doesn't need to post anything - just remain quiet on the subject. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 am 
Creative Kingdoms

I saw everything. I'll accept pellet points in a hood to be specified to keep me quiet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next