It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Now what?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Now that MOULagain is officially launched what will happen of this beta?
Will it stay around as a testground/rehearsal/justincase server? Or more simply will it soon link away to the Great Age never to be heard again?
I haven't seen that mentionned yet (although I may have missed the info).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Based on the original agenda - bring the game back to the same state it was in when last played - I'm assuming the job is done and this weird mix of public and closed Beta will fade away into our memories and this forum section will be locked or completely erased. If there is further expansion of the game I'm assuming the Rehearsal crew or the Maintainers Guild will get the call.
But if they ever have need of a tiny bunch of slightly deranged fanatics then maybe this Scooby Squad will be recalled from hibernation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:58 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

As Henry says, the original job is done, and we return to being "ordinary" explorers, just as the DRC have done.

I think this forum will stay, at least for a while yet. If nothing else, there is history of recent reports on things that would need fixed when it goes to Open Source.

Longer term, I don't believe these forums will be erased (not intentionally anyway). However, the usergroup to which we currently belong may get removed.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

No beta groups have ever been removed in my experience, but some forums are locked.

The main concern of Beta and Rehearsal during GameTap's MOUL was about becoming an elite club with all our posts being diverted to private forums the public could not see. In those days, it was critical to have everyone in the game - not on the beta servers and not on the beta forums - so that GameTap's metrics of participation would not be diminished. Rehearsal was shut down for about two weeks in between cycles when it wasn't necessary. That won't be the case now; there won't be a Rehearsal because the beta shard is now the live shard. But it was for the same reason. That's not so important now without a publisher, but Uru is better off if we're regular explorers on the regular forums just as it was before, and just as the DRC is recommending by their example in the story of being explorers themselves. The MOULagain beta forums here are still very useful for behind-the-curtain resolutions like Marie's linking to Relto. But I think we want to avoid the secret handshake and all those trimmings by limiting posts here as much as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

I fully agree what JW says.
There is no reason to remove or even lock these forums.
This group does not have problems to post in the public forums.
One of the good things of this group is the unity and I think that can be a treasure for the future.
If things go difficult in MOULagain, than we always can look back to the ideas written here .
We could use this forum as a general place, close to Cyan, for setting up storylines like we discussed in the "Throwing them a bone" topic.
Possible a few more persons will need acces to these forums, like the members Tweek did mention:
Tweek wrote:
Plus there are a bunch of fan groups and members that could probably help, SR, TTP, JD Barnes, Echo etc etc, which would make more sense as these people would be/are still in the Cavern even if the DRC isn't.

Ofcourse we will be "normal" explorers and we cannot use this forum for general chat. But I can imagine that there will be situations when we do need eachother. And than we have a good place to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:43 pm 

well said JW, ys our energy is best given to the story and the Cavern. once we get in :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK I'm a little confused here at this point. If I go in city with old avie and some one asks me how I'd get such a low ID#
do i say I was one of the unauthorised explores that stayed behind or snuck in behind Marie when she came to cavern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:56 pm 

What I do is I dont invite ppl to my Relto for a while and I just don't say anything about beta. I have a second avi with the same name and look so ppl will not be able to tell the difference 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
KenS1 wrote:
OK I'm a little confused here at this point. If I go in city with old avie and some one asks me how I'd get such a low ID#
do i say I was one of the unauthorised explores that stayed behind or snuck in behind Marie when she came to cavern.

That's entirely up to you, Ken. You didn't want to seem to be exposed, so none of us will say anything about you. But, it's your story; make it whatever feels right for you.

Keep in mind that many IC players - Tweek, Whilyam, etc. have claimed to have stayed in the cavern these past two years, but will have higher KI #s than yours. Because of that unavoidable technical discrepancy, no one is going to use that information to discredit anyone's story.

So, you could say that you just arrived, and something weird must have happened for the KI machine to give you such a low number.

It's your story; whatever feels right to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK Tai'lahr Thx I just didn't want to mess anyone else up. I'll come up with someting.

Thanks again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

If Tweek and Whilyam stayed, they kept their old KIs. They could have any ID #. There have now been several restorations and each time the Cavern reopens, the KI dispenser seems to get reset somehow. Somehow we're just lucky we don't get duplicate IDs from previous generations. The dispenser probably detects that kind of thing from active KIs. Thus the KI# is no guarantee of how recently you got it.

Or something like that? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes indeed.

In fact my current KI is lower than the one I had in MOUL lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 pm 

Hmm... I reckon I got a factory refurbished KI, that's why it has low serial number. I'm Scots - I never pay full price for anything :wink:

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 pm 

I stole miy KI off a dead explorer that i found by the Ferry Dock, must have been one of Dadguys victims....he realy should clean up after himself :) :lol:

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:19 pm 

Did he have a stethoscope and a hospital lab coat?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next