It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:32 am 
Obduction Backer

I have sent the requested marker quests to Aspeon and Dronak. Enjoy. :)

Using these custom marker quests is easy if you have ever worked with the KI: Each quest will show up as an item in the Incoming folder in your KI. Open one by clicking on it and then select "Play Game". This will load the marker coordinates into your KI and set up the marker count indicators, similar to what happens when you stick your KI into one of the machines in the Great Zero to load a marker mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Here are my marker quests assembled so far:

Relto island tour
City Canyon Mall
City Library Courtyard right side and below (!)
Ercana Canyon tour

Each quest contains several markers dropped at places difficult to get to (without knowing or finding out the tricks)

Drop me a KI message if you 'd like to try them KI#: 204761

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:27 pm 

Norfren wrote:
Here are my marker quests assembled so far:

Relto island tour
City Canyon Mall
City Library Courtyard right side and below (!)
Ercana Canyon tour

Each quest contains several markers dropped at places difficult to get to (without knowing or finding out the tricks)

Drop me a KI message if you 'd like to try them KI#: 204761

wow, great work :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Please forward to my avatar: Lyle KI 00727201

Clever pun: "Marcker" quests, indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:27 pm 

Marck wrote:
Each quest will show up as an item in the Incoming folder in your KI. Open one by clicking on it and then select "Play Game".

Thanks for the directions and the quests. It does seem fairly simple to work with user-made marker quests. As long as the incoming messages aren't deleted, I'll be able to replay the quests, correct?

Norfren wrote:

Could you please send these to me, too? I'm not sure you'll answer this, but I'll ask anyway -- do your quests involve suicide dives to reach some markers? I didn't exactly like that part of GZM quests, so I'm curious. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have sent the quests to you, Lyle627.

Dronak wrote:
As long as the incoming messages aren't deleted, I'll be able to replay the quests, correct?

Messages in your Incoming folder are not deleted unless you do it yourself by clicking on the D'ni zero symbol (a box with center dot) in an opened message. If there were any messages from the DRC, then those could be removed without your doing. Messages (and also marker games) can be modified and those modifications will automatically propagate to everybody who received that message.

And yes, you can stop, continue, and reset a marker quest. You can even play other quests while you haven't finished a marker quest.

Dronak wrote:
I'm not sure you'll answer this, but I'll ask anyway -- do your quests involve suicide dives to reach some markers? I didn't exactly like that part of GZM quests, so I'm curious. Thanks!

I can't answer for Norfren's quests, but only my Relto Hidden Treasures quest has one such suicide jump (and a single dead end that you can only leave by using your Relto book). Personally, I do not like the use of hidden paths ("collision planes") in marker quests, unless they are specifically designed for helping you to find those invisible paths. Hence, I won't do any such quests myself. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:21 pm 

Got your marcker quests, Marck. Chev shem! :) Great fun.

Marck wrote:
Personally, I do not like the use of hidden paths ("collision planes") in marker quests, unless they are specifically designed for helping you to find those invisible paths.

Does this refer to things like how to get on top of the plaza tent, or to that platform outside the concert hall foyer? If anyone reading this has marker quests for invisible paths, I'd like to try them! :) KI# 130396.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

In my quests there are no suicide jumps. However, there are several difficult jumps... if you miss the target, only panic link will help...

In Ercana somewhere there is an invisible barrier, you have to overcome it by a very careful sidestep and jump.

Unfortunately, you cannot climb up to the top of the DRC tent at the courtyard. It was possible from the left side, but in the previous Uru incarnation it has been fixed.

The balcony in front of the Concert Hall, over the water is not solid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:05 pm 

My bevin Quest has some of these, just to make it more interesting. bevin itself would be too easy I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:10 am 

Norfren wrote:
Unfortunately, you cannot climb up to the top of the DRC tent at the courtyard. It was possible from the left side, but in the previous Uru incarnation it has been fixed.
So that's why I could not do it. :P I've seen one or two people standing on air above the DRC tent though. Is there another invisible path?

Norfren wrote:
The balcony in front of the Concert Hall, over the water is not solid.

A few days ago someone was standing there. Looking down from the bridge I saw an avatar. I got a hotstpot and a name. Weird!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Frestro wrote:
A few days ago someone was standing there. Looking down from the bridge I saw an avatar. I got a hotstpot and a name. Weird!

Odd. Now I tried and tested again that area in the "drizzled" Uru. No solid surfaces could be found. Of yourse, this is not a 100% proof, because there are some minor differences between the graphical infrastructures (for example the climbable tent).
1) An invisible solid surface still exists in this Uru somewhere around that balcony.
2) It was a special character (why not... bahros used to appear on nonsolid areas).
3) Someone fell and the avvie was ghosting there.
Who knows...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 pm 

I found a collision plane in my drizzled uru, but theres still a big gap in the middle of the tent "roof". just try different places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 pm 

Please send me all the KI games. I'm interested in all of them!

KI # 02043496

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have sent you all of my marker quests, Mellina. I hope you enjoy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I added a new marker quest that I created recently: Marck's Minkata Kiva Guide. See the updated first posting in this thread for some more info.

You can get a copy of it in the usual way. :)

Due to feedback I also updated the D'ni Cavern Hide & Seek quest by adding 3 more markers. Hopefully, it is now less frustrating to find the last missing marker(s). ;) The update will automatically propagate to those who already have received that quest.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next