It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

What marker game would you like to see?
A Mystery Game 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
A Scavenger Hunt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
A History Lesson 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
A Quest 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
An Age Solving Marker Game 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
A Random Hard Marker Hunt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
A Death-Defying Stunt Game 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
A Journal Clue Marker Hunt (This would be the hardest hunt of all.) 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Other (Please Specify) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

So I'm trying to come up with another marker game for the Myst Movie Fan Core Bevin. I have one idea involving plants but I'm not sharing details yet. ;) If you guys have any ideas let me know. The next installment may not be ready until next year even but I'm not really sure. I've got alot of ideas brewing though so if you have a marker game you'd like to see let me know and I'll see if it can work. Thanks.

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:03 am 

What do you know! Just the other day, I was thinking about an idea that might fall under "History Lesson." Somebody may have already done something similar, but how about a quest involving finding all the locations described in the three Myst novels that are in Uru? There might be a few kinks because of differences in canon and whatnot. Not to mention all the research to make sure nothing gets missed... but it could be a fun project for the future. But for now, I think just a random superhard quest would be cool :) BTW the last quest was fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:02 am 

Sightseeing marker games - guided tours of various areas pointing out landmarks otherwise unnoticed and/or giving info not obvious from what can (or, in my case, barely can/cannot) be seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Kaveman wrote:
What do you know! Just the other day, I was thinking about an idea that might fall under "History Lesson." Somebody may have already done something similar, but how about a quest involving finding all the locations described in the three Myst novels that are in Uru? There might be a few kinks because of differences in canon and whatnot. Not to mention all the research to make sure nothing gets missed... but it could be a fun project for the future. But for now, I think just a random superhard quest would be cool :) BTW the last quest was fun!

Thanks Kave! I have a few History lessons I'm thinking up. One would evolve using the game and an internet browser to find certain clues on MYSTlore and other Myst related sites by posting a tiny URL in marker descriptions. Don't know how well that would work yet though. I'll defiantly consider using book locations to find other markers. Great idea by the way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:33 am 
Obduction Backer

TomVal wrote:
Sightseeing marker games - guided tours of various areas pointing out landmarks otherwise unnoticed and/or giving info not obvious from what can (or, in my case, barely can/cannot) be seen.

Great idea! I didn't even think of that! Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:21 am 

I don't know why it posted so many times like it did. I got a debug message saying it didn't post a few times.
Guess it later debugged and posted or something? Sorry! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I would delete, but the delete X doesn't show up for them all!

Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:38 am 

Ok then . . . I created a Series of Quest game that entailed starting out with an imager post in Quest's Bevin to generate initial interest from explorers.
The over-all Quest Series plan consisted of a 10 Journal Quest Story that tells a story using an average 112 text marker Quest game.
The Quest Series included an introductory Journal Quest story to the primary story quest, along with clue quest games that were made up of text clues that used real-time avatar explorers for those playing to locate for a Question and Answer interaction based upon clue text marker found to acquire additional Quests and to continue to progress within the Series. Additional Clue Quests given out used Letters to Words, Words to Sentences with math puzzles included. Clue quest themes were VAULT SECRETS, TREES, JALAK GEMS, CITY LIGHTS, ROCKS, Etc. . . . The clue quests were played to get the Story Journals as reward quests.

Just thought it might be helpful to you to see what has been created and already out in MOUL to help you with your own projects. I'm presently working towards another Clue Quest using the available in-game MOUL Journals and History of the Kings books as the means to providing the topic material as the answers to the text clues tied to a puzzle solve.
Sort of a D'ni History lesson in the form of a Puzzle Clue Quest.

Last edited by Jahmen on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]