It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:53 am 

Staging parties in Guild Wars is fairly iffy. They tend to be spontaneous. Brett has offered the use of his Fuzzy Physics Institute hall, or we might do something in Fellowship of Greeters. I'm sure something will come together if enough people express interest. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Please note the addition of information in the OP, including:
* music url links for some of the D'niJs and co-streamers,
* details and links for TheDoctor/Veovis' party in SL,
* event schedule for Eder D'Uru activities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Another addition: Dagda reading a History of the Explorers - 7am Pacfic / 10am Eastern / 4pm UK
Rebroadcasts at 11am Pacific / 2pm Eastern / 8pm UK and again at 4pm Pacfic / 7pm Eastern / 1am UK

The Day of Dancing held in 2007 began with DocOlanA reading a history of the D'ni - how they were forced to leave their homeworld and how they came to the cavern. It set the tone for the day. I liked it so much that I asked Uru Book Club reader Dagda to do something similar for this event, only this time it will be OUR history that he's reading.

Using vid's RECAP: The Restoration So Far... post on the DRC forum and working with D'ni Historian Rehnehmtahn, Dagda is busy writing a summary of how WE came to the cavern and how we were forced to leave, and how we continue to hold out hopes of returning.

Following the live broadcast of this reading, Dagda will co-stream music broadcasts by D'niJs.

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 pm 

Well, the playlist is essentially set, and when I say "mixed bag," I mean it. I've had to restructure the list a few times over the last few days so that it isn't so overly convoluted, forcing folks to grind gears, as it were. There's lots of classic rock in this set, along with alternative '80s, some small electronic dance sets, some goth rock, grunge, a few selected soundtrack bits from Uru and Riven, even some reggae. Should be fun.

See you all then, be it in SL or in Mibbit.

KI #00063063

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:29 am 

I have been making final adjustments to my playlist too. I'll start leader music at arounnd 1130 Pacific, 1430 Eastern, 2030 European. To get the full effect you'll want to be tuned in when the main playlist starts at noon Pacific. It runs about 5:18:00.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Today IS the anniversary of the cavern closing, isn't it? I expected to find this forum busy with posters on today of all days, but there are few here right now (just me and the Bodger) and no one has even mentioned it, yet. I find that a bit discouraging. Well, perhaps they're just saving their words for Saturday...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr - here's an update on Guild Wars.

Guild Wars party. The FPI (Fuzzy Physics Institute) Guild is hosting a party in their guild Hall
The plan is so start at 7 am PDT / 10 am EDT / 4pm UK, though we have plenty of Guild Halls and are more than flexible. You might also want to check out the Fellowship of Freeters (FOG) Guild Hall. If you are in our Alliance (group of guilds) talk to people on the Alliance chat and someone will tell you where people are grouping.

If you aren't in our Alliance (FOG), message (whisper) BrettM in game - Brett Okh Uru. The Uru and "friends of Uru" GW crowd is a great group of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:05 pm 

looking forward to seeing everyone and hearing the wonderful music! /me waves to the great DJ's......

Almost back, just a little longer on the Intermission!

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:38 pm 

Since today is the actual date, and the festivities are tomorrow, I hope no one will mind if I say "happy anniversary" to all the MOUL explorer cavern refugees. We made it through one year. May the cavern be restored to us in one form or another before another year passes.

/raises glass
To Uru
Tomorrow everywhere,
Next year in the cavern.

Stejovis

MOUL KI#10695353 (deactivated)

MOULA KI #54271

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:08 pm 

Hear Hear! Congratulations to one and all and esp to Cyan! :)

/me raises glass !

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you, mszv. The Guild Wars info is now added to the OP. Tell BrettM I said hello (or, better yet, that I hope to see him in the Cyan Chat room).

Great toast, Stejovis!

I'm getting excited, now. I really hope to see a lot of old friends re-connect tomorrow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Finally I am online! Have been tied up since Wednesday with work, church and family stuff, but now I have an hour or two between commitments and a chance to sit down at my computer. I've got Lord Chaos on the speakers - so good to be hearing from you, friend! and those wonderful Myst melodies, what magic! - and I'm hunting for any gathering that is going in chat or SL. I hope to see a lot of you as the day wears on and evening comes!

Tai'lahr, many many thanks for all you have done to get this organized. And thank you, all of you who are contributing your time and creativity. Hugs to all!

One year. We're here. We're still here. Uru lives! :D

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:35 pm 

Thanks, Tailahr, for the great idea and everybody else who has contributed to this gathering. Can't wait to see ya all in Cavern again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:14 pm 

This has been great! I have been to the first Heek Tournament ( won that, bwhahahhahahahah take that Jeff!!!) then went to Jandai's Bookstacks but that was over, so went on to Booville and Magellan's trivia contest and stayed for a bit...tied with Vista and now at Jeff's Drive In for the Movie.....then it will be to the City for Karaoke and who knows what else today! I am also simultaneously in CyanChat.

Let's give Tailahr a big hand for doing a wonderful thing bringing us together this way!

SL:
DMom2K Darwin

Currently residing in Guild Wars2 with DudeDad and trying to play Watch Dogs
Citizen of the Metaverse and oh, yeah, The Dude abides....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:08 am 

Here's a pic of some of the people gathering in There at one moment earlier today:

(and here's the album of 4 pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/tags/uru/)
Thank you so much, Francis_7 for taking those!
We also joined in on the mibbit chat, and that was a lot of fun & re-meeting again :)

The party is still going on, see first post for all the details, gatherings and ways to join in on laughter, music, fun and avatar meeting!

Thank You "Spike"!
(=Tai'lahr), this was another (multiverse) community spiking gathering again! :D
And TY community, it was a great day and festival (still continuing!)

dozing off into sweet dreams,
blutec

Guild of Messengers :: Myst & Uru NewsCavern Calendarrel.to

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next