It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

thx ohb. maybe my OHBABY one was too.. wrong. i sorta agree. i didn't want to not post it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 pm 

The one thing I really wanted to learn from the BOMB was why its maker was so upset with OHB. "What did he do," I wanted to ask. "Why such OHBjurgation, to the point of destroying the whole Cavern just to get one man?" Alas, the BOMB was incapable of such detailed discourse, and I guess its opinion just didn't count.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think the reason is a kinda open to interpretation. The way I see it: he's just jealous and insane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Considering that "OHBJECTION!" was meant as a statement against OHBot, I feel a little nauseated seeing it submitted to the list, and in the number 1 position...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

I fixed that for you, vid. I just voted the Star Wars thievery above that of yours.

Quote:
Click here to change my signature!

And the sig appears random, not by vote. A page refresh changes the sig regardless of the vote! It's a sham!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

I believe the higher voted ones have a higher weight, making them more likely to appear...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
And the sig appears random, not by vote. A page refresh changes the sig regardless of the vote! It's a sham!

tanshin wrote:
I believe the higher voted ones have a higher weight, making them more likely to appear...

Indeed. From the page:

Quote:
Those with the highest scores appear on my forum signature.

Each item has [score] chances of being displayed when score > 1. Right now the top item has a score of 16. It has 16 chances of being displayed. The next has a score of 14...it has 14 chances of being displayed. And all the way down where score > 1. Then it's a random drawing. :)

So, the higher the score, the more frequently it will appear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

people really hate my submissions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:31 am 

hey OHB how did you script that? Someing tells me that you won't tell me that. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:35 am 
Obduction Backer

I wouldn't bet on it Matt... :wink:
don't cross your fingers... and whatever you do don't hold your breath !!
... or perhaps OHB will prove me wrong? i think i was wrong once, but i might be mistaken...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
endings don't get writter they git written... and endings don't get git they get gitten, right?

th ending can never truely be written.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:16 am 
Obduction Backer

I will celebrate when TECHNOHBABBLE reaches the top.

I like the ones that work phonetically the best; I don't care for the ones that are simply "Stick an H in-between the letters O-B". That's part of my voting criteria.

Though, I just had a great idea for OHBot. Using its ability to decipher language, it could be used as a judge... in a SNOHBALL fight. People could sign up for a team, then fling (virtual, posed or emoted) snohballs at each other, and OHBot could be the judge of which team won, who got hit by the most snohballs, who threw the most, etc. Set it up in a snowy Eder Delin and that's entertainment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:33 am 
Obduction Backer

hmm..? interesting thought, marten... ohb has a suggestions box for that...
... but guild of robots has a tsogal book, not a delin book; ohb would have to either make a new bevin or plop the bot somewhere in a common hood with a delin book...
... besides... ohbot isn't an excellent judge of anything but portal times!!! (well, it certainly ain't his fashion sense!!)

and i'm with you on creative uses of O H B ... i'd perferr the ones where the derivitive word is something common and meaningful with as few letters as possible, and that O H B is located at the head of the word (OMG OHB's become a suffix!!) ... but it's majority rules; let the gathered tell ohb's sig...

Power to the People!!

i've also heard ohb mention that someone told him he should have nammed the bot ROHBOT... but O H B sorta gets lost between the R and the other O, and isn't the R a tad redundant since OHBot sounds enough like ROHBOT to begin with?
... besides, it has too much of that horrendously campy Lost in Space vibe to it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Matthew Geiger wrote:
hey OHB how did you script that? Someing tells me that you won't tell me that. ;)

Here you go :)

(I removed 3 bits of code for obvious reasons...but I left comments in their place so you'd know what was removed.)

There's also hallofshame.php...but that's basically identical to index.php except with cosmetic changes.

index.php -> http://ohb.pastebin.com/Gn85ytzi
img.php -> http://ohb.pastebin.com/ZDgE1Ur9
.htaccess -> http://ohb.pastebin.com/1Qc2PQff

Main_Avvie wrote:
i've also heard ohb mention that someone told him he should have nammed the bot ROHBOT... but O H B sorta gets lost between the R and the other O, and isn't the R a tad redundant since OHBot sounds enough like ROHBOT to begin with?

Well, I'm O.H.B. (each pronounced separately). When I made O.H. Bot, I pronounced it as 3 syllables. Calling it oh-bot (two syllables) I never liked because I don't like people then calling me oh-b (oh-bee). But, then someone told me that "oh-bot" sounds like "ro-bot"...and I made the comment that if I had thought of it I would have called him rohbot.

But, I'm going to save the moniker ROHBOT for something else that's not /quite/ related to URU. More details on that later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

hmm...? it looks like ohb's up to his ol' tricks again...
... oh-bee eh? that moniker never even crossed my mind; though i think i've heard him called that on occasion...
i've always pronounced it O H B, one letter at a time... so i initially called the bot O H Bot, now i've found it makes more sense to call him Oh Bot... i suppose the transition from Oh Bot to Oh Bee isn't that much of a strech of the imagination though...

... i suppose it doesn't matter what we call the bot, so long as we don't call O H B Oh Bee...

oh, and btw, i suppose it looks like ohb proved me wrong after all!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next