It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 pm 

My preference for location would be the Hall of Kings. It's an attractive space, and it has history for both Explorers and the D'ni. This would work, however, only if no one else has planned an event for the City for the day. Also... is there much general activity in the City that our event would step on? If so, we'd want to be somewhere else.

Second choice for me would be the Watcher's Sanctuary. It's also a nice space, and... well, I have history there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:38 pm 

I'm backing Kirel: easy to get to for everyone, and with little potential for interfering with anyone else's exploring. And the festive decorations are already in place. My second choice is the same as LC's, the Watcher's Sanctuary (though I must confess I find the sound of the imager less pleasant than that of Kirel's fountain).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I like K'veer, although many have not reached it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:48 am 

K'veer does have a lot of history its been in several of the Myst games, Phil's Relto might be another good one its a bit of a challenge to get to and I recall we used to have parties there at the GameTap Uru Live. Kirel also sound interesting and you could have the spill over in some of the Sanctuary Just grab a Tshirt and run to your nearest nexes.

So many choices why not just have parties in all of them, it might allow us to avoid crashing the age out or causing to much lag

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:35 am 

Sure: both K'veer and Phil's Relto are intensely cool, but if we want this to be a party that includes newcomers and ancients alike, we need to pick somewhere that's open to all regardless of how far along they are. And Kirel is a place just crying out to be partied in … it's kind of sad to see it so decorated and with usually no one at all there …

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:40 am 

Gahlen wrote:
I'm backing Kirel: easy to get to for everyone, and with little potential for interfering with anyone else's exploring. And the festive decorations are already in place. My second choice is the same as LC's, the Watcher's Sanctuary (though I must confess I find the sound of the imager less pleasant than that of Kirel's fountain).

wait...but isn't the imager turned off in the Watcher's Santuary? And the fountain in Kirel doesn't work for sure (The top of it is my waiting place during the AllGuildsMeetings XD)

Watcher's Santuary or Kirel seem to be the best options to me. Some people don't like having parties in Ae'gura being the main public area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm 

what??? dance in a fountain with no water? where's the fun in that? I always find Kirel sad and in need of some maintenance. Besides which, I keep touching the t-shirts and then having to go home to get changed again..... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm 

Ha! You're right, the fountain in Kirel has no water. I stand corrected. Just goes to show how rarely I go there. So perhaps some place with a real fountain would be more fun. As for the imager in the Watcher's Sanctuary, it contains no actual images, but it's definitely on, as one can tell by the loud buzzing sound it makes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:57 pm 

I second Lord Chaos: The Hall of the Kings is my choice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

It looks like Kirel is the most popular, with The Watcher's Sanctuary and -- no, the Hall of Kings.... wait, no, K'veer, but K'veer isn't so accessible, so it's Phil's Rel-- wait, no it isn't.... so back to... wait.... but they are all capped at 50, so back to the Healers' Neighborhood, but -- wait, the preferences say Kirel, then...

/gasp

Oh my word, I may have to post a... /choke ... poll

/writememo

To: Vinnie

We are going to need more pizza.

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 pm 

De Hall of De Kings!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I wouldn't base the choice on population caps. If it's a three hour event, people will be coming and going (and if it actually does reach capacity, it can always be moved to the hood at that point). I would base the decision on accessibility.

And, no offense to Ktahdn (or Ethan) cause I know these are his favorite spaces, but the Watcher's Sanctuary and the Hall of Kings have been used so often that they seem a bit boring to me, now.

Try something new! No one's ever held an event in the Library to my knowledge. It's easily accessible by everyone, architecturally interesting, historically significant, and there's lots of nooks for Vinnie to set up the pizza ovens out of the way. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Isn't the superbowl this weekend? I know I won't be watching (I hate football...) but that could quite potentially keep the numbers down so people can get in and out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm 

In Ae'Gura where all the chronicles of the Kings are...So much space.. such symmetrism... such mystery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:01 am 

I could open up DCR Bevin 57 if it helps elevate some of the crowd and lag

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next